Excerpts from the Holy Texts of Ishtar

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

pd Rydia

Excerpts from the Holy Texts of Ishtar

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:23 pm

Yes I am cheating. If you know why, a cookie to you.

Excerpts from the Holy Texts of Ishtar.

THE STORY OF THE THREE CREATIONS
(language adapted for primary study)

"THE CREATION OF STRUCTURED CHAOS

"At one time, all was Pure Chaos. Then, from and by the Nature of Pure Chaos, was born Structured Chaos, otherwise known to some as Existence. The birth of Structured Chaos was the Beginning of It All.

"The first to emerge from Structured Chaos came to be called Ishtar, the Mother of All. From her Chaotic Birth she inherited half of the known Knowledge of Chaos.

"The second Being to emerge from Structured Chaos was Primaer, the Father of All. He inherited the remaining half of the legacy of Chaotic Knowledge.

"Pure Chaos might have reabsorbed Structured Chaos, if not for this. When the Mother of All and the Father of All combined their knowledge, their power became equal and balancing to that of Pure Chaos. In this manner did the First Two, Guardians of Structured Chaos, secure their Immortality.

"THE CREATION OF THE LESSER GODS

"For an unknown amount of time, Ishtar and Primaer spent their Existence simply enjoying Existence. It then occurred to Ishtar to Share Existence with Others, in the same way that she and Primaer Shared Knowledge with Each Other. Pleased with this idea, Primaer agreed, and the two combined their Knowledge to create the Lesser Gods.

"The first step to making the Lesser Gods was to create Matter and Energy. And so, Primaer made Matter; with a wave of his hand, water, earth, and air came into being. Ishtar, meanwhile, created Energy, which included fire, light, and shadow.

"Primaer then took his Matter, and Ishtar took her Energy, and together they molded these materials, and then Ishtar breathed life into the Molds. The Molds, once animated, became the Lesser Gods.

"THE CREATION OF MORTALS

"Yet these Lesser Gods, in time, began to show their Chaotic Nature. They were riddled with flaws, and as they grew ancient, proved to be static in their faults. Because of these faults, some of the Lesser Gods even came to be reclaimed by Pure Chaos. Thus came to Exist Death.

"It then occurred to Primaer to create another breed of Beings to balance the flaws of the Lesser Gods. Pleased with this idea, Ishtar agreed, and the two once again combined their Knowledge.

"The first step to creating Mortals was creating a place for them to live. For this, Primaer took some of his Matter, which was unstructured and without form, much Pure Chaos. Ishtar then took some of her Energy, and bound the Matter together. This is how Gaera was made. Next, Primaer took smaller bits of Matter and Ishtar breathed life into them. The bits, once animated, became what we know as Mortals.

"These new creatures received a special Gift from each the Mother and the Father of All. Incorporating the newest Knowledge he came to possess, Primaer's gift to the Mortals was Death. Ishtar's gift, meanwhile, was the ability to create other Mortals.

"Through Primaer's Gift of Death, a myriad of new Knowledges came to be known, including the Knowledge of Time, Compromise, Change, and Growth. The Gods themselves learned from these lessons.

"Through Ishtar's Gift of Life, the existence of Mortals was stabilized in a way that the Lesser Gods' was not. It was through the medium of and example by these Mortals that the Existence of the Lesser Gods was stabilized; the Mortals' existence, however, needed to rely on no outside beings to be stabilized." <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Got Dragonale?" -- Richard Storm (Nakibe)
-=- "Bah, my past was full of drinking and polymorph spells." -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "I REJECT YOUR PRESENCE!" -- CaptainPervy (UnclePervy)
-=- "What. In. The. @#%. Are. You. Two. Doing?" -- Hzar (Banjooie)</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

^_^

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:38 pm

*uses as inspiration for the fic (or RP... probably fic) that he will write/GM after Armada Gauntlet*

Thanks!

pd Rydia

Re: ^_^

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:39 pm

Well, that was useful...I guess. o.o <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Got Dragonale?" -- Richard Storm (Nakibe)
-=- "Bah, my past was full of drinking and polymorph spells." -- Hakaril (Archmage144)

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:04 am

Intresssssssting.

I meant to give it a nice 3 star but I think it gave a 4 instead *shrugs* ANYWHO...

Yeah coolage. I always enjoy reading creations and such and this does read kinda like a holy book would, kinda. I like the ideas in it too.

Ummm can't really give much. I did enjoy it and couldn't really find fault with anything in it, but I think if I was to give a higher score it'd need something else. I say something cause I honestly don't know what, but a little extra umpth and I think it could be even better.

*scratches head* Sorry. This is why I shy away from seriously criquing stuff ^^;;

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:37 pm

Interesting little bit. It does beg the question of what happened to Primaer, as he is seldom mentioned anywhere.

Image That's just for Gaera and it's dimension, right? Because there's no Ishtar where I come from.

<p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:42 pm

Ishtar and Primaer concern only Gaera, though they're considered by Gaerans to have created everything. That's kinda become a problem with all the otherworlders we've acquired... <p>

viator22

Unread postby viator22 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:44 pm

This is a re-write of the same legends that were posted on the site before. Am I right? *eyes cookies* <p>-------
Once a GM (game master, supreme ruler of the RP, whatever you call it) has his players, they elope and are united in a beautiful ceremony somewhere in central Nebraska, and they live happily ever after. ~ White Knight Delta
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:56 pm

It's not even a rewrite. It's a C&P job.

*tsk tsks those who didn't know that, and gives Viator his cookies*

It's your turn in the Colloseum, btw. <p>

pd Rydia

more and testing something...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:58 pm

<div align="justify">Excerpts from the Holy Texts of Ishtar:

THE THREAT OF NOTHING
(language adapted for primary study)

"THE THREAT OF NOTHING

"Everything is born of the Purest form of Chaos, which in itself is beyond the Comprehension of Mortals; the opposite of all Chaos is Nothingness.

"From Pure Chaos were born many things, most of which have since returned to Pure Chaos. There were and are only two things which emerged from Chaos that continue to Be, separate from Pure Chaos. They are Structured Chaos and the force known as Entropy.

"Entropy wishes to bring all to Nothingness. Should It ever succeed, Nothing will Be, and all of Pure and Structured Chaos will cease Being. Once achieved, Nothing will never allow for there to be Chaos again. Nothing and only Nothing will ever Be from then on."</div>

Image <p>
-=- "What. In. The. @#%. Are. You. Two. Doing?" -- Hzar (Banjooie)</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/11/05 16:54

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings