Readiness

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

pd Rydia

Readiness

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:08 pm

This was it. This was really it. In a few more minutes, the ceremony would begin.

Daniel Hyral stood up straight, resisting the urge to use his sleeve to wipe off the sweat that was running down his brow. Instead, he tugged the cuffs of his suit slightly, before clasping his hands together and squeezing his fingers. This was really it.<ul>--The music starts!--</ul>A shadow flickered across his mind. Pervy, decked in his white mage's finest, stood behind him, ready to marry the young couple together. Daniel Hyral and Kyra Ryujin...no! Daniel and Kyra Hyral...Daniel was giddy with happiness, but could not dispel the nervous jitters that seized him. He began to shift his weight from foot to foot, and then stopped himself suddenly.

What if the father sees how nervous I am? he wondered. What if the priest decided Daniel wasn't ready for this marriage? What if he called off the wedding?!<ul>--The procession starts. Shelia Hyral and Midoku Tornas begin the procession, walking in steady pace down the church aisle. Midoku's expression and posture reveal slight anxiety; he never was one to handle attention well. Shelia grasps his arm tightly, fighting back sentimental tears.--</ul>With a suppressed sigh, Daniel laid his hands down by his side, and stood up even straighter. That's nonsense, he chided himself mentally. The wedding isn't going to be called off in the middle of the ceremony...I'm ready for this!<ul>--Behind Shelia and Midoku, Marla Ryujin takes her place in the procession. Her arm is hooked through that of a tall young man with long, blond hair and sharp golden eyes--Kyra's childhood friend, Frederick Shivan. "Freddy" tries to keep his sight front and center, but they flicker over to Daniel despite his efforts.--</ul>The sweat began to bead on Daniel's forehead again as he stared at Freddy's eyes. They seemed to, for a brief moment, flash an accusation at Daniel. You aren't good enough for this!

A cold lump seemed to form in Daniel's gut. No...I am...I...<ul>--The single groomsman, Daniel's brother, Stephan, begins his stride down the aisle, an oddly cheerful expression on his face. On the arm of Stephan is a peculiarly blank-faced Dia Rai, who seems to be concentrating fully on keeping in stride.--</ul>Mentalled, Daniel facefaulted. Oh dear Ishtar...I hope Stephan hasn't been teasing her about those...ears... Daniel thought, eyeing Dia's bunny ears. As if to spite her, they bounced up and down slightly with her step.

Oh, you can count on it! an all-too-familiar voice sounded in Daniel's head. I bet there'll be roast groomsman tonight!

Oh no, not you, Dante, not now...

What? Hey now, that's no way to treat me after I go out of my way to come and help you tonight...

Help?
Daniel struggled to keep from showing his anger. You probably just want to stir up trouble!

Trouble? Little ol' me?
A snicker echoed throughout Dan's head. I'm just here to help keep you from making a possible mistake, that's all...

I don't want to hear it.

What, you WANT to get into a marriage you aren't ready for? Hey, if that's the case...

I said I don't want to hear it!

I just would feel SO sorry for Kyra...if she were to marry to someone who wasn't completely ready...

I AM ready,
Dan retorted, grinding his teeth. I really am--

Then WHY did you keep worrying about it? Huh? Why do you have to keep repeating to yourself...
Dante mimicked a weak, childish tone of voice, 'I'm ready, I'm ready...'

I...
His heart stopped. Dante couldn't be right...could he? Was his nervousness an indication that something was wrong? Wrong with...him? With the wedding?

Ha! You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

This wedding can't be a mistake...it can't be...

Hey, I tell it like I see it, sucker.
Dante replied, voice smug. He added, with a cackle that resounded in Dan's head: You should really listen to your intuition, you know?

Dan's eyes stared out, unfocused, into the crowd gathered in the church. Listen to my intuition...what is...my intuition telling me about this wedding?

Daniel was worried. He was worried about...not being good enough for Kyra. And what if...something happened to him...he didn't want Kyra to wind up a widow like his own mother...like her own mother! What if Kyra was supposed to be with someone else...someone...better? Was his mind throwing these worries at him for a reason? Was this what his intuition was telling him about his marriage?

No...no, wait...

Suddenly, he remembered...Kyra seated next to him, on a lonesome hill, leaning against his side as they watched the sunset. Kyra, browsing bookshelves at a shop, face bright and interested as she shared a favorite book with Daniel. And there were...picnics, full of laughter. And private dinners that were so intimate and peaceful.

And he remembered...the look of peace, happiness, and...love in Kyra's expression, when she looked into his eyes. And he remembered how wonderful it felt to just hold her in his arms.

No...no, Dante. My intuition...I might be nervous, but my intuition is telling me what it always has!

Oh @#*&, not the sappiness, PLEASE...!

Shush! My intuition is telling me that this is the best damned decision I've made in my entire life! So ha!
Daniel just barely caught himself from razzing in triumph. Sheepishly, he looked up to see how the procession was getting along.<ul>--Kyra Ryuujin begins her stately walk down the aisle. The bride-to-be seems to shine like a star in her magnificiently bright white dress. Her hair is piled atop her head in an intricate hairstyle, and her face is framed with loose wisps of hair that have escaped the hair clasps. And her eyes light up as she steps up to Daniel, blushing happily as she takes her hand, and they turn to the priest.--</ul>I am ready, Daniel thought giddily, but Dante wasn't there to respond.

True bliss and true peace, I have found through Kyra...and... he sneaked a glance over at Kyra, only to find her doing the same. She blushed again --so prettily!-- her eyes full of love and adoration. She's...she's found the same in me... <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Barge: *raises his sword* Game... *twirls it* Set... *smirk*
Big Fat Chocobo: *a big fat chocobo falls on the demon Barge* ^)-(^
Rydia: ...and...squish?
Hakaril: .......Dia? Did YOU do that?
Rydia: *stares* o_O ...I think so.
Hakaril: ...that's great!
Richard: O.O WOAH. Remind me NEVER to get YOU mad, Dia. O.O;;;;
Raptre: HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Idran: So remember everyone. Crushing works good on demons.</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/2/03 1:59:11 am

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Readiness

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:52 pm

Daniel's sappiness is stronger than ANY demon! ^_^

Really, a very good, well thought out fic. I was wondering how that wedding went down... XP <p>--------------------
"Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." - The Dread Pirate Roberts</p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:58 pm

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii ^_^

You did a great job with Freddy too Dia! <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:13 am

Glad to hear. ^_^ Thanks for the replies! <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Got Dragonale?" -- Richard Storm (Nakibe)
-=- "Bah, my past was full of drinking and polymorph spells." -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "I REJECT YOUR PRESENCE!" -- CaptainPervy (UnclePervy)
-=- "What. In. The. @#%. Are. You. Two. Doing?" -- Hzar (Banjooie)</span></p>

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:18 am

So, Meph decided not to take the ears off before the wedding? How horrible...but could this be the last we ever see of Dia Wai...? Image *hugs sis* Keep up the writin'. <p>......</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:50 pm

Yep ^_^ This is a cool and as sappy as its supposed to be. <.< Someone must have pointed Choark and Pig to where all the food is... as he isn't whistlering and cheering :P

Great Dia! *thumbs up*

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:44 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to change the priest there sometime... <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Got Dragonale?" -- Richard Storm (Nakibe)
-=- "Bah, my past was full of drinking and polymorph spells." -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "I REJECT YOUR PRESENCE!" -- CaptainPervy (UnclePervy)
-=- "What. In. The. @#%. Are. You. Two. Doing?" -- Hzar (Banjooie)</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:59 am

That was Pervy that married the two, right? *edits* <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "Don't worry Mink, I'll be good excess baggage!" -- Pia
-=- "But I'm a slime half!" -- Princess Vena
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy
-=- "Demons don't care about story continuity!" -- Doug Finn</span></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:40 am

Twas indeed.

Image <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/10/05 18:21

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings