Slayers Rush (not another fic!)

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Slayers Rush (not another fic!)

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:22 am

Yep, I'm putting together a fic, but it's not exactly a normal fic. About a year ago some of my yahoo chat friends started a Slayers RPG club which I joined to play as Aya. The club has sadly died (but not without 2500+ posts to the story) and the story remains unfinished, however here I plan to do so since I've incorporated the events that occurred in the club into Aya's past.

SPOILER WARNING! This fic contains spoilers about the entire Slayers Anime series (including Next and Try). If you don't like having that sort of thing, then I suggest you go out, buy the entire series, watch it, THEN read my fic. XP Nonetheless, this story occurrs after the events of the first Slayers series, Next, and Try.

Additionally, I'm taking this as Aya's first adventure, for a good portion of the story, Aya will be called DragonClaws or DC. There is no kopii Aya, this entire event is a memory shared by both sisters.

You may notice quirks in the writing, as if certain paragraphs were written by different people. The fact is, most are and I apologize for this since I'm not really that interested in completely rewriting 2000+ posts though if anyone could give me a hand or point out places where I could break up the "character paragraph" blocks, I'd really appriciate it. Also if you notice any grammer or spelling mistakes, please point them out so I can fix them.

Finally...the disclaimers. I nor my friends who have written for them own the original Slayers characters or concepts. DC is an original character of my creation but her race is not, yatta yatta yatta....

Now, onto the fic!

[edit] I've talked to LDC over AIM and I'll be helping her out with editting the 'story' and adding to it. First item of business is to break up this mega-post into smaller bits, then I'll be editting the writing to make more sense, be more grammatically correct, and seem more of a whole. -Rydia-

The sun slowly rises into the cerulean skies, its beautiful, burning glow reflecting over the glittering seas, dazzling the area with stunning color. The waves crash against a towering cliff while seagulls soar with the flow of the ocean, calling out with harsh cries.

High atop the cliff, he stands. His eyes are closed shut, his left foot set against a large rock and his hands rested upon his leg. His tan colored cape flutters with the wind's mighty blow, and his wirey, blueish hair waves just slightly with the breeze.

He does not move an inch, like a rock embedded in the cliff. His tan clothes stand out from his cold, rocky blue body. At his side rests a long sword, in its sheath, perhaps one of his prized possessions. He smiles slightly, feeling the wind over his face, letting it soothe him...

Then suddenly his eyes jolt open. He looks straight to the sky, and in horror witnesses as it is blanketed over with dark clouds. Ominously, a thick black haze covers the land beneath the clouds. Standing up straight, he puts one hand on his sword's sheath.

"Something is happening.. And it doesn't look very good.." He turns around abruptly and heads toward the surface of the sea. He jumps down a few ledges to hit the sandy ground, landing neatly on his feet. He runs toward the water, dipping his hand in and pulling it out slowly -- it is covered with black goo. He stands up and looks over the water. "I wonder if the others are seeing this..."

---

With a sigh, DragonClaws lays back in her hammock lazily Once again she is pondering the turns of events in her life that left the ryuuzoku out alone in the middle of "her" forest; it is "her" forest mainly because no one else has told her otherwise.

"Stupid elders and their dumb rules." She shifts a little, adjusting her midriff-bearing green vest. "It's not like it's the end of the world..." She sighs unhappily, a distant look in her eyes. Yet, with that said, the very tip of her golden tail begins to twitch, just below the spade-like blade on the end. Frowning, and if by instinct, she looks skyward, brushing red-brown bangs out of her view of the ominous black clouds rolling in overhead. "Whoah...this can't be good...this can't be good at all..."

---

"Lina-san?" Filia turns around sharply. She swears she felt her friend's presence, but yet she didn't see anyone there. She frowns. "Hmmm... Must mean something important is about to happen," she concluded.

She picks up a vase, only somewhat paying attention to Jirras and Gravos, who were supposed to be helping her. She looks up, making sure the Val-egg is alright, then looks back down at her work. A few minutes later she stopps. "Jirras, Gravos, time for lunch..."

---

Another young woman stands in the middle of a large plain, looking up into the sky. Her long, crimson-red hair hangs down her back loosely, billowing around her when caught in a large gust of wind. Her eyes stare up at the sky with a look of wonder, observing the huge black clouds spreading across the sky slowly, like dark paint spreading out from the artist's brush. Her expression quickly changes to a small grin.

"Guess it's time for another adventure," she says aloud to herself, the small grin widening slightly. "This is going to be fun...

"Hm, where to go first though..? I'm about a mile from Seirunne, so I should probably go there and get Amelia, and hopefully Zel if he's there.." She slips into her mind for a moment, remembering the day after they had finally defeated Darkstar. She remembers how everyone, including her and Zelgadis...split up to go their separate ways.

Her grin is quickly replaced with a wide smile. "Guess this means everyone's going to join back up! Great! I don't have to roast bandits by myself!"

And with that, she turns to her left and runs, runs as fast as she could towards Seirunne. Jumping into the air almost joyfully, she casts a small RayWing spell upon herself. She would fly as fast as she can to Seirunne, as fast as she can to an adventure.

--- <p> <center><table border cellpadding=2><tr><td><table><tr><td>Image</td><td><center>For NO reason whatsoever, I feel like
wandering around the castle unarmed and alone!</center></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></center></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 1/8/03 4:08:03 pm

pd Rydia

Re: Slayers Rush (not another fic!)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:38 am

*bump*

>_>

<_<

I thought you said it was going to be continued?

notes and stuff: There are some line break issues that a quick once-over would catch. Also, not so many misspellings and grammatical errors as word misusage and awkward sentences. The "character paragraphs" aren't really too bad, they remind me of a multi-POV novel. I'd separate where each new POV starts somehow, though, maybe with a double line break, maybe with a line or something.

Oh, and next time, please make the installments shorter. Heck, you might want to do it with the above one. ^_^;; It'll make it easier to point out things that need to be corrected, and encourage more people to read this. ::nods:: <p><div style="text-align:center">
"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...an F.N.W.C.!"
-- VampireJesterJinx (VA by...Dia! :D!)</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 12/18/02 6:42:54 am

pd Rydia

editting goodness

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:05 pm

"Hmm.." DC thinks to herself as she rolls out of her hammock. "It's been five months, time for me to go into town and shop..." She looks up at the sky, frowning, "Must just be a bad storm or something...I'd
better be quick."

DC runs into her small and rather shoddy house (shoddy being no surprise since she had to build it herself) and grabs her long, green hooded cloak. This cloak is an absolute necessity since she is yet unable to eliminate a few of her ryuuzoku features in human form -- mainly her tail, ears, and fangs. Still ever-cautious, she double checks to make sure her broadsword is still at her side, which of course it is. With that done, she darts out the door, casting a levitation spell to speed up her travel. She heads out of the woods to the nearest town...a small unnamed town north of Seiruun.

---

About 10 minutes later, Lina lands just outside of Seiruun, about two minutes from the entrance of the city. Closing her eyes, she leans against the nearest tree, blowing some bangs from her face.

I wonder how it's going to be seeing the whole gang again, she thinks for moment. Sure, she had seen Ameria and Zel, and even Xelloss once or twice, but all together? Nope.

Pushing herself up from against the tree, she ponders for another moment. What if something happened to
one of them? What if they don't want to go on a new adventure? What if--

She stops herself suddenly. Why worry about what ifs? she thinks. That's what old people and Zel do. And that does not include I, Lina Inverse. No way. No way in the Nine Hells.

Now grinning and feeling a bit more pepped up for the adventure, she turns and heads in the direction of the Seiruun city gates.

No less than five minutes later Lina is arguing with the guard in front of the castle.

"Listen mister! I don't care if there's some big ceremony tonight! Something bad's happening and I'm here
to get Amelia!"

The Guard looks at her annoyedly. "What can a little, flatchested CHILD do if something 'bad' really is happening?" he mocks.

That's what sets her off. Glaring at the guard, Lina puts her hands together in front of her chest (which, to tell the truth, really isn't that big, but oh well). A small smirk goes over her face, turning as wide as the grin of a jack-o-lantern. "FIREBALL!" she yells, a burst of bright red being all that onlookers are able to see -- right before the smoke and rubble of course. Storming inside the castle, Lina just misses a platoon of soldiers marching to her exact spot as soon as the smoke cleared.

---

Amelia's ears perk up. She is in her room preparing for the ceremony when she hears something that resembles an attack. She speedily jogs down the staircase to see who had screamed, and why one of her guards was on fire. Blinking, she sees Lina, and a smile flashes over her face as she dives, catching Lina in a tight-bear hug.

"Miss Lina! You're here, why in justice's name are you here? Oh I missed you!!! Is Mr. Zelgadiss here..? Oh nevermind that, please make yourself at home. Oh! Maybe I should call Daddy?" Amelia rambles on while hugging Lina so tightly it nearly cuts off her circulation.

---

Zelgadiss shakes the thick, black substance off his hand. "Hmm.. If my calculations are correct, if I follow the coast it would take me to Seiruun.." He puts his hand on his hip. "There's a good chance Lina's there by now, she always gets hyped up about weird, abnormal activities like this... Must be hoping to see the gang together again..."

He begins to walk along the coast slowly; he does not rush himself with a RayWing or other levitation spell, but just enjoys the simple breeze against his face. As he walks, feint visions of the gang together and the adventures they had in the past together stir up in his mind. He grunts. "And through all that I never even found a cure..." He keeps heading toward the giant city, all the while pondering his actual purpose out.

As he approaches the giant Seiruun, Zelgadiss stops and stares out toward the city -- he stares out at all the enormous boats at the docks and at the bustle of unfortunate sailors trying to navigate through the frothy waters. He heads toward the front gate, but right before he can set a foot in the city, two spears cross to block the way.

"Excuse me mister, but Seiruun is currently off limits due to a special ceremony this afternoon." The lead guard tells him.

"Well, it sure seems it wasn't off limits for someone.." He looks down to the crispy-fried, smoking armor laying on the ground near them.

The guards sweatdrop slightly. "Well...maybe one person did get in...but you, for a certainty, are NOT getting in!" The group of guards point their spears and swords in his direction.

Zelgadiss closes his eyes, and crossed his arms, a confident smirk spreading across his face.

In a matter of seconds the front gate becomes a pile of rubble, and the overly amused Zelgadiss walks through, stepping over the charred guards' smoking bodies. As he walked into the city, he could hear the guards muttering.

"I need a vacation."

"I better have insurance for this."

Slipping on his face mask, he heads into the market place, and begins to look around for some familiar faces.

--- <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Barge: *raises his sword* Game... *twirls it* Set... *smirk*
Big Fat Chocobo: *a big fat chocobo falls on the demon Barge* ^)-(^
Rydia: ...and...squish?
Hakaril: .......Dia? Did YOU do that?
Rydia: *stares* o_O ...I think so.
Hakaril: ...that's great!
Richard: O.O WOAH. Remind me NEVER to get YOU mad, Dia. O.O;;;;
Raptre: HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Idran: So remember everyone. Crushing works good on demons.</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 1/8/03 4:31:36 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: editting goodness

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:16 pm

Wow...

Y'see, that is GOOD fi-... er... story. Good and meaty, VERY colorful. (Very, VERY colorful) and it tells me a lot about an anime I've never seen*KILLED* <p>--------------------
"Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." - The Dread Pirate Roberts</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:34 pm

Looking over her shoulder, DC flies frantically through the air, fully transformed and very thankful that it's dark out.

"Oh crap...oh crap, what have I done..." She snaps her wings back close to her body, allowing herself to go into a sharp dive into the forest. She reverts back into her human form on the way down, although she is naked as she does so; however, this does not bother her as much as the fact that now because of her, a little unnamed town north of Seiruun is rubble.

------

Lina blinks slightly, sweatdropping. Pushing Amelia off GENTLY --however gently you can pry someone
off you-- she takes a couple deep breaths, then replies.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too, Amelia. How've you been?" she grins a little, pushing some crimson hair from out of her face, then continues. "Have you seen the sky outside? All dark and creepy-looking...I'm sure there's going to be another journey! You up for it?"

Not waiting for a response, Lina continues on. "Well, whatever the case, I'm going to go to the market place and look around while you get outta that get-up." She waves slightly, then turns around and walks out. Heading out toward the marketplace with a confident smile on her face --and of course a thought of getting something to eat-- she walks past the same fried and char-broiled guard from about twenty minutes ago, 'accidently' kicking him roughly.

---

Zelgadiss enters the market place with his head tilted downward, trying to cover up his face.

He ignores the merchants yelling at him, with large fish in hand or other goods, and pays more attention to the large castle ahead of him. He keeps a constant pace while on the way, but then when nearing the castle the crowd becomes much thicker and a lot noisier. He pushes through the many people to only hear an "Owwww!" coming from nearby. He looks down to see someone familiar, that he just happened to bump into...a familiar, red-haired sorceress. His eyes open a little more.

"Lina?"

---

Lina continues through the large crowd, eager to get out into the marketplace and to the restaurants. Bumping into something, she blinks, falling backwards onto her little butt, realizing whatever she ran into felt like stone...like a wall...

Blinking a bit more at hearing her name, she jumps up. "Zelgadiss!"she nearly yells, putting her arms around his neck and hugging him impulsively. After a moment, she lets go and hops back onto the ground, grinning a little. "So, where've you be-" But before she could even finish the word, she yelps, seeing a group of soldiers and guards standing a few feet behind Zel, seeming to be looking for someone..

One of the guards looked in her direction, and she could almost make out a smirk. "There she is men! There's the one that broke into the castle!" He yells, pointing a finger at her.

Lina blinks again, idly wondering if blinking was to become a habit of hers, and sweatdropped. "Great...just great...just what I needed. Well, come on, Zel!" she says with a grin, taking hold of his hand. Through the crowds she runs, dodging this way and that, getting the guards mixed up and confused. She continues doing this, Zelgadiss still in tow until she ends up down one particular street. On one side of the block is a restaurant, and at the end of the street is a dead end.

"Come on!" she yells, running through the doorway of the restaurant, hearing as the guards stampede past the place and nearly into the wall. Some of them actually run into it, in fact, to tell from the thud of armor hitting brick; others go down the nearby alleyways. Chuckling, Lina shakes her head. "Seiruun guards are never going to get any smarter, are they? Oh well...Since we're here might as well get a bite to eat, eh?"

---

A man in blue armor and a grey tunic watches the bright redhead and the cloaked man disappear into a restaurant. His fist convulsively grips the handle of his sword at his side. He slowly lets it go and tugs down at the cloak around him.

She left me to die...how could she? I thought we were at least friends...I even...no that's in the past now. How dare she leave me like that to die and run off. Lina Inverse...you are going to pay.

The sun light glints off sharp blue eyes and long blonde hair as the figure jumps down and walks calmly to the restaurant door.

(to be continued...no da) <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Barge: *raises his sword* Game... *twirls it* Set... *smirk*
Idran: So remember everyone. Crushing works good on demons.</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 1/8/03 4:47:54 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:50 pm

All pretty, nice, neat, and editted. ^_^

I'm writing the 'story' in present tense, so I can tell the difference between what has been checked and what hasn't. I think I'll let you post up bits of the story, since you know who were the one-shot wonders and such, and edit what you post up. <p>
Idran: So remember everyone. Crushing works good on demons.</span></p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:00 am

Wai! I'll tell you when the one shot wonders show up. That Heidi the barwench person is one of them. The person who plays Amelia also changes during the course of the story...and eventually I'lll have to write and ending to it. <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:22 am

Image An evil Gourry...never thought I'd see the day...and Aya nuking a village. Quite odd, how the characters have progressed since then. At least, the ones I've met. I trust you're continuing this, DC and Dia. It's a good story so far and I don't know why I never commented on it before. Sowwy... ^_^;;;; <p>......</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:34 am

Thanks for the encouragement. ^_^ It's nice to see someone besides the two of us are reading it. :P

Image <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Got Dragonale?" -- Richard Storm (Nakibe)
-=- "Bah, my past was full of drinking and polymorph spells." -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "I REJECT YOUR PRESENCE!" -- CaptainPervy (UnclePervy)
-=- "What. In. The. @#%. Are. You. Two. Doing?" -- Hzar (Banjooie)</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/8/05 22:30

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings