A new arrival..(fic, and a char intro as well)

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Squintz Altec
Administrator

A new arrival..(fic, and a char intro as well)

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:44 am

(Well..in an effort to rework Bob...I decided to bring in someone else. His sister, Jessica Benjakov. It also allows me to create another char...and it allows me to BS his entire family in...not that I would, though.)

Bob was flying.

He wasn't that good at it, but he was substantially better at it, after a few weeks of practice. He flew because it helped him forget things. He flew now for this reason. Looking down at the ground, he didn't even register it as the first part of Gaera that he ever saw. Six months ago...this was where he appeared. Weak, alone, and not knowing any of the language. He wondered if he was better off now. He was different, and not only in physical form. He was stronger. He was almost a completley different person. He wondered what his family would think if they had seen him now.

There must be a God, if for no other reason then to find moments like these, and make them ironic. For just as soon as that thought had escaped Bob's mind, he saw a flash. Bob landed on the ground, interested in seeing what had happened. Perhaps it was a mage who lost control of a spell, or a summoning gone awry. Bob looked around, not seeing anything for a bit, but that was mainly because the flash had destroyed his night vision. He knew all about things like that. He was, after all, a scientist. But that was in another life.

Bob waited for the darkness to enter his eyes again, and looked again. This time, he saw a form on the ground. He could instantly tell it was human, like Bob himself once was, and that she, for it was a female form, was dressed strangely.

She wore a pink tank top, too small for her, leaving her midriff showing. For pants, she had settled on the type that ended at the knee, bluejeans. Her hair was brown, a little higher than shoulder length, with a single ponytail. At the ends of the hair, it was dyed blonde, as was the fashion. Bob didn't need to see her face to know that she was a beautiful girl. He knew who she was. Bob hid his wings and horns, taking on his human appearance for the first time in a while. He then knelt over, touching his sister's face.

When Jess had stirred, she looked up. Her vision was blurry, but it soon became clear. What she saw shocked her. A boy, her age, wearing a brown leather jacket. She knew the shirt beneath was blue, and that it had a hole in it. She looked at Bob's face, and she saw that he looked different from six months ago. His features were harder, like he had been through a tough trial. However, she could still spot the sense of humor he had in his green eyes, something he had not lost. Jess smiled. It had been too long.

"Hello...Adam..." she managed to say before collapsing.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: A new arrival..(fic, and a char intro as well)

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:45 am

(Oh yes...this isn't done yet. I do like comments, though.)

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:51 am

Oooh, niftyyy... o.o *gets out the popcorn and munches, while waiting for the next installment*

(btw, nice improvement in overall writing style over your first fic I read. ^_^) <p>
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td><small>Quotes of the moment:
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe
-=- "I say we should all sing...and get totally sloshed! w00t, b00ze!" -- Archmage
-=- "'Keeeeeep! More booze, please! ~_~ I can still think straight!" -- Rai Dia
-=- "If you're still able to see in colors and not in scents...you're CERTAINLY not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</td></tr></table></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:28 am

(thankies! ^_^ Okay...since I had this all pretty much ready anyway [I WAS gonna bring Jess in before.], I'm gonna keep it goin'.)

Jess stirred. It was odd, really. She hadn't expected to see her brother. She didn't even think it would have worked. But, lo and behold, it had. The happiness that she felt was almost physical, like a wave of comfort and strength. However, her woozy head could not comphrehend the fact that those feelings of comfort and strength were due to Mac, who had his hands on her shoulders, franctically trying to heal her with his magic.

(okay...this is where it'll get odd...because Bob and Jess both know English, I'll say when I use it, but as a general rule, whenever you see words like >this,< it means it's in English. Telepathy is in quotes and italics.)

"I think it working..." Bob was genuiniely concerned. He didn't know if he was like this when he first arrived, but it was a probability. He hoped that Jess wouldn't suffer any permanent effects.

Jess opened her eyes to see her brother standing next to an older man. He looked to be about 30, though this was not really the case. He had his head shaved bald, and he wore a white T-shirt that fit tightly over his bulging muscles. He looked, in a word, like Mr. Clean, from the commercials. Looking around, she saw that she was in a bar.

>Where...where am I?< Jess said, brushing back her hair.

At this point, Bob almost broke into giddy laughter. He hadn't heard anyone else speak English for a whole six months. It was refreshing and sweet. However, he managed to control this emotion long enough to respond.

>Welcome to Gaera, sis,< Bob said with a grin. In fact, his face hurt from the grin.

>Gaera? Is that what this place is called?< Jess looked confused at first, but then seemed to fall back into her normal mood. >Adam, Adam, it's been so long! You have to tell me everything!< Jess stood and hugged her brother.

Bob nodded, knowing that he wouldn't tell her everything.

Edited by: Squintz Altec&nbsp; Image at: 6/9/02 1:29:08 pm

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:50 pm

Yay! More! ^_^

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:01 pm

(well..this'll be part 3... I intend to RP them together, mostly...at least until she learns enough Common. Be warned, though...for she will reach levels of bitchery long thought impossible..if she feels like it.)

Bob turned to Mac. "Yeah..she be okay. Thanks, Mac."

Mac smiled. "No problem, Uga."

Now, about this time, Jess was really confused. The only word she could make out was 'Uga.' However..what the hell did that mean? She decided to ask her brother.

>Adam..what does Uga mean?<

Bob turned to her and smiled. >It's my nickname. I don't know Common very well, so they call me 'Uga' because I sound like a caveboy.<

>Ahh..I see.<

>Oh, don't worry...you'll probably have your own nickname soon.< Thinking about how cruel a person like Dia could be with her nicknames, he decided it would be better for Jess to have one right away. He turned to Mac.

"Mac...have you met my sister? Call her Ugette."

Mac turned to her. "Hello, Ugette. Nice to meet you. Bob says you're his sister...didn't think he had one."

Jess' jaw dropped. UGETTE? At that moment, she knew that she had really found her brother. Nobody else had such a bad sense of humor.

>Bob? Adam, who's that?<

Bob shook his head. >Adam's no more, sis. Call me Bob.< With that, he let go of the transformation, allowing his wings and horns to show. The wings were a deep red, the color of fire. Bob's brown hair seemed to match the grey of his horns well.

Jess, in a matter of an hour had met up with her twin brother that she had not seen in over six months, found out that he she was in a strange and new place, and now she found out that her brother wasn't even human anymore. So she did what any other human would have done in that situation.

She fainted.

Jak Snide

*chuckles*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:21 pm

I take it that Bob is you in Gaera, correct? In interesting concept, and one which I've dwelled on before. Very, very interesting stuff. Keep it up. *gives a thumbs up*

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *chuckles*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:30 pm

Well, he's not really ME per se...but close enough. His full name is Adam Benjakov...but that's not my name. I've RP'd him in chat a lot, not yet on the board. He's based on me, but not really me.

>_>

<_<

I'm not really a fire dragonhalf...but I wish I was.

pd Rydia

O_O

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:47 pm

...OH MY GOD! RUN JESS, RUN!

Ryuugami: *manifests in front of Jess* ^_^ Helloooo! How would you like to become a dragon? How about a nice water dragonhalf to balance off your brother...what do you say? <p>
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td><small>Quotes of the moment:
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe
-=- "I say we should all sing...and get totally sloshed! w00t, b00ze!" -- Archmage
-=- "'Keeeeeep! More booze, please! ~_~ I can still think straight!" -- Rai Dia
-=- "If you're still able to see in colors and not in scents...you're CERTAINLY not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</td></tr></table></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: O_O

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:07 pm

Jess: ...?

Jess: >What did she say?<

Bob: >She asked if you wanted to be like me.<

Jess: >Like...you...@_@< *faints*

Bob: Hmm..Yeah. I think she like that.

Ohhh..I am SO mean to my chars..

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:27 am

*LOL*

More darn it.

More.

And now I wonder whether funky dream sequences which revolve around one semi-story would go in Fanfic or Spam forums...

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:32 pm

Probably fanfic.

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/8/05 20:52

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings