Fallen God (Fic)

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Fallen God (Fic)

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:58 pm

You want to hear my tale? I suppose it is a dark night, and it will pass the time. Aye, it's lengthy alright, but it sure is a good one. You know of me, who I am, what I am, but what has happened to me, that is news. Where to begin...

I suppose at my beginning, I don't know how I came into being, I don't think any of my kind do. One moment I didn't exist, next moment there I was, in my true form, and knowing who I was, and what my purpose was. It's a mystery even to us, how we are formed. It's not like you mortals, you come from two parents, and they tell you all, but us gods, we just are. I suppose I was first born when they first started believing in me, all those millions of people, yet I'm not sure, but it's not important right now.

My name is Lycurgus, it's a word in the ancient common tonguer, it mean law-giver, and I am a god. To be more precise I am a god of justice, truth, and honor. Why only "a" god? Well, every single culture has its own set of gods, sure sometimes they're the same guy, with false beards or a different haircut, but then there are different worlds out there, different universes even, and you can't tell me that I'm the only god of truth, the only god of justice, and the only god of honor. I was a member of the Panathon, a group of gods) worshiped by a culture who called themselves the Petrasks, no diiferent from most cultures, except that they were a bit more warlike than most, yet they had a strict code of laws, and so I had a firm base of followers, and as a god's power is proportional to the number of worshippers he has, I was up among the big boys, below Petrask, king of the gods, and alongside Melthul, god of war.

I don't know much about other types of life, but being a god has some very pleasant rewards. Sure I had to answer prayers and preform the odd miracle, I was even summoned sometimes when justice was needed, or to sort out major legal problems, for nobody could hide secrets from me. But I started to grow complacent, lazy even, yet I was always ready, waiting for the days, that semed to happen at least once a decade, when Petrask would approach me, and give me a mission. So naturally I was suprised when Melthul gave me one instead.

"Lycurgus, you are needed, it is time to fulfil your role as a god."
"What has happened, why am I needed?"
Melthul grinned. He grinned like a lion, it was a grin without humor, but full of thoughts, of what he would be doing soon. "We have been invaded, brother" he almost spat the word, he had hated my sudden rise to power, even if he did still remain Petrask's favorite. "Our northern neighbours, the Malthui, have attacked us."
"That is not part of my portfolio, war is your concern. Deal with it."
"But they have upset the balance, for not only do their war gods stride with them, but they have made a pact with demons. Where there is an imbalance you must balance it up. It is time to put Decider to the test." Here he refered to my longsword, he was insanely jealous of it. Actually he was just insane. Why don't I still have it? You'll see. "You must fight alongside me."
"But only against the demons, that is the law. I may only balance, I may not tip the scales, that is my law."

If only I had known how out of balance things were about to get...I'd probably have still done it.

(Okay that's part one)
<p>"On the same day I smoked my first cigarette and kissed my first woman. Since that fateful day I have never bothered with tobacco." - Tuscanini</p>

pd Rydia

I'll keep it simple.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Apr 28, 2002 5:20 pm

More. <p>
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td><small><small>Quotes of the moment:
-=- "And then the pixies of doom ate her brain. It was very tragic." -- White Knight
-=- "Spammers are people too." -- SuperRube
-=- "I mean we post like, as you know, rabid wombats." -- Nekogami</td></tr></table></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Always with the more dia...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:06 pm

Demons, they're our worst nightmares, or so we're told. I had had encounters with demons before, but usually only an imp or two, maybe a more powerful one, but nothing compared to what I faced that day. Pit fiends, Gelugons, Barbazus, Succubi, Nightmares, Retrievers, Lords of the Flame, and so many more. They are the embodiment of pure evil, but then again, generalisations are generally wrong.

Decider wept with blood that day, the blood of demons mingeled and burned up and down its glowing form, and in my hands justice is a certain thing. I had weighed their hearts and found them lacking, and so they died in droves, all fell before my hands, for was I not a god? I protected village after village, fought demon after demon, brought judgement after judgement, and still there was more, always more.

The village of Helrac is close to the Pertraskan/Malthui border, and when it was attacked by a squad of demons I responded in my full glory, and my full might. I slew two pit fiends there, and the rest fled seeing the ease I dispatched them, all except one, a Succubi stood with a gory dagger in her hand, and a man's corpse at her feat, with an expresion of terror in her face as our eyes locked. And so I judged her, looking deep into her very being and decided her fate. Her life hung in the balance and I declared he to be...innocent.

There was something about that girl, something different from the others, from her kin. I looked into her soul and found not the anger, not the hate I expected, but...love. Naturally I was astounded, bemuzzeled, confused, amazed, flabbergasted, and all that sort of thing, and I did what I must, I let her go. I had seen her memories of killing the man, how he had seen her and attacked her wildly, and she had pierced his heart in an attempt to defend herself. So I passed by without a word, not expecting what came next.
"Wait...why?"
I have to admit it, she was a beautiful creature. Aye, Succubi are supposed to be, but she stood out from the crowd, for unlike the sulty dark exotic look of the others, she was more fair, more innocent, more pure.
"Why? Why did I spare you?" I replied. "There is no reason why I should kill you, you are innocent, let it remain that way."
"But you are my enemy, a god, surely we should fight to the death."
"...I'm just doing my job..."
"And you are making a complete mess of it boy." And there he was, Petrask, lord of the gods, in all his splendor, acoompanied by his faithful hound Melthul, who smiled his no-humor smile and said "You cannot believe how much trouble you are in right now."
"Father," I said, dropping to one knee as the girl cowered against a wall in fear. "How have I failed you? What have I done to displease you?"
"How can you endure that...that...that fiend of a wench? Do you not know what she would do to you if she had the chance?"
"I know what you have told me what she'd do to me."
"Enough, judge her and be done with it."
"I have, and I proclaim her innocent."
"And I proclaim her to be a great magician, to hide her true nature from you, either that or you to be a fool, to be taken in by such a simple ruse!" Quoth Melthul.
"No, nobody can hide from me, not even you Melthul, not even you, father."
"Then you have judged wrongly, or are confused, perhaps she does have you under her spell. Very well, if you will not do so...Melthul, kill her."
"No," I said, placing myself between them. "I cannot allow this."

(And there's part two, and the action's heating up...)

(Edit curse you Jak and your nit-pickyness!)
<p>"On the same day I smoked my first cigarette and kissed my first woman. Since that fateful day I have never bothered with tobacco." - Tuscanini</p>Edited by: Suicidal Sprite at: 5/17/02 9:44:44 pm

Justice Augustus
Administrator

WAH!!!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:11 pm

(Nobody's reading my fic! Nobody's saying if they like it or not! I don't know why I even bother...)
<p>"On the same day I smoked my first cigarette and kissed my first woman. Since that fateful day I have never bothered with tobacco." - Tuscanini</p>

pd Rydia

=P

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed May 01, 2002 5:27 pm

Okay, a few nitpicky typos and such...<ul>
<small>para 2 - "the blood of demons mingeled"
Should be "mingled"...
para3 - "a Succubi stood with a gory dagger in her hand, and a man's corpse at her feat, with an expresion of terror in her face as our eyes locked"
Should be "feet" and "expression."
para 4 - Naturally I was astounded, bemuzzeled...
Should that be "befuddled"?
para 6 - "for unlike the sulty dark exotic look of the others"
I think you mean "sultry"...also, the lack of commas between the series of adjectives is a bit odd.
para 10
You have two persons speaking within one paragraph.
para 15 - " 'I have, and I proclaim her guilty.' "
Erm, do you mean "innocent" or "not guilty"? o_o??
para's 4 - end
Improper line breaks = mildly annoyed Dia, and, more importantly, poor reading.</small>
</ul>Okay, nitpicky stuff done, and at the risk of being repetitive...I'll say...

More. <p>
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td><small><small>Quotes of the moment:
-=- "Spammers are people too." -- SuperRube
-=- "I mean we post like, as you know, rabid wombats." -- Nekogami
-=- "And then the pixies of doom ate her brain. It was very tragic." -- White Knight</td></tr></table></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 5/1/02 9:30:37 pm

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Re: =P

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu May 02, 2002 1:14 am

*looks up at SS in childlike innocence and says only one word.*

o.o

Write.

<p>*lurks*

MY head, Dia!!! eVe</p>

MellyDuckie

Re: =P

Unread postby MellyDuckie » Thu May 02, 2002 3:03 am

I agree with Rydia. More.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

And the action continues...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri May 03, 2002 5:36 pm

"You dare to oppose me? I am your lord, your master, your father. Out of my way boy or I shall strike thee down."
"But this is what I must do, don't you see? My ethos is to protect those who deserve protection, the innocent, and I tell you that this succubus is not guilty."
"He speaks in riddles father," said Melthul. "Surely he talks in contradiction, such a thing is not possible."
"But it is, you remember Grask don't you? A god of goodness and peace, who became a wild savage? Surely that is proof enough that things are not always what they are "supposed" to be."
"He is trying to defy the natural order of things father, he is defying the very laws that make us. Punish him."
"No, I am fulfilling my role, doing what I am suposed to do, you know it is impossible to hide secrets from me. I am the god of truths after all!"

Petrask looked at me, and then nodded. Melthul's slunk away, angry at his defeat. Well agrued boy, but you see, this is not the way it is. How is it possible for a demon to be good, ask her. If you can. And Petrask grinned, and that grin took all my hope that this could have been resolved honorably and fairly, took it all, for it was the same grin I had seen spread across the lips of Melthul.

I turned around, and knew what I was about to see. There she was, with the same look of terror on her face, yet her eyes were not fixed on any of us, but on the blood streaming out of the wound in her chest. Calm as you like Melthul walked across to retrieve his weapon, and extracted it, but not before giving it a final twist, opening the wound further.
"No, no, you don't know what you've done." I said, and I ran over to her as she sunk down the wall, a skidmark of her life-fluid showing her descent. "I...I..I'm sorry. This should not have happened."
"Don't worry," she said, her voice cracking and stuttering between the words. "I don't blame you."
"You don't understand a great injustice has been done here, and this means terrible things will happen."
"I...I..."
"Please, I don't even know your name. I don't even know who this injustice has been done to."
"Sekulva..." and her head lolled onto her shoulder, her eyes dimmed, and her material form burst into fire.

I turned to my father, "We must return to the Deusoikos, our home. While we can."
"Why, what needs to be done?
"I need to speak to you father, in private."
"Even though I do not see the point, very well, let us return. Melthul, continue the attack."

And with that we returned to Deusoikos. This would be the last time I would set foot there for a long time...
<p>"As we all know "mono" means "one", and "log" means "wood". Therefore by "monolog" I mean that I have wo-UMmphhg! *Is attacked by Sorb*" - Me</p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: And the action continues...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed May 15, 2002 11:59 am

Just keeping this alive, once exams are out of the way I'll continue it <p>"As we all know "mono" means "one", and "log" means "wood". Therefore by "monolog" I mean that I have wo-UMmphhg! *Is attacked by Sorb*" - Me</p>

pd Rydia

o.o

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu May 16, 2002 3:35 pm

o.o More. <p>
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td><small>Quotes of the moment:
-=- "You coward! You'd leave a pregnant man to suffer!?" -- Nekogami
-=- "Eat chicken, live forever...until you die, then you're screwed." -- Matt C.
-=- "Inorafeeb eedrayob fehc tae dna ekawa llahs slived." -- Bloodhound Gang</td></tr></table></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: o.o

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 16, 2002 4:52 pm

Tomorrow, 'tis a friday and therefore I will have time. But the installments are gonna be very irregular until the 2nd of June, when my exams finish!
<p>"I get so mad I want to laugh, I laugh so hard I want to cry. Anger makes me sad you see but it's really all the same to me." - Lothar and the Hand People</p>

Jak Snide

Wow...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu May 16, 2002 5:36 pm

I actually got around to reading this. Good stuff so far, although there was a typo (I think) in the second part. Lycurgus proclaimed her "guilty." I believe you meant "innocent," neh?

Apart from that, it's better than what you told me before. I'm now waiting to see what other twists and turns this story takes. Bravo.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Re: Wow...

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu May 30, 2002 2:30 pm

*uses Psy Bump Alpha again*

Woot!!! EXP!!! <p>
*lurks*

Warning: The previous was a work of Chaos. Anything said above was written by a certified nut. Caution is advised

MY head, Dia!!! eVe</p>

pd Rydia

Re: Wow...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:44 am

*punt-bumps thread to first page*

Image <p>
<table><tr><td>Image</td><td><small>Quotes of the moment:
-=- "Milk does a neko good!" -- Hayako (Nekogami)
-=- "Magic. As in, big flashy dink!" -- El Bob (Squintz)
-=- "Alas, pants. I knew them well." -- Kotoki</td></tr></table></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/8/05 20:44

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings