The Mother's Children

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

The Mother's Children

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:39 am

Kyum Torn

So, As I sat there in the middle of the prison cell, I had to wonder once more why I'd gone through with this crazed scheme. After all, it was a simple job. At first, anyway. I just had to break into this noble's house while he was having some party for other rich guys. Probably just to show all of us "common folk" how much better they are than us. Yeah, like that's easy to believe.

Anyway, the plan was simple. His castle had a very basic layout, and it wasn't so hard to get in as long as one used the servant's entrance while one of the more famous nobles was coming in the front gate. The guards aren't even looking in the commerner's direction, being too busy either watching the guests for foul play or thieves trying to steal the various valuables that the noble lord would be presenting. Lord Ashram, I think his name was. Not that it really matters.

UNfortunately, just a couple days before I was going to actually make a run for this particular jewel in his collection that I'm here for, he beefed up security. Apparently he suspected that one of his commons would be too tempted by the presence of so much finery and put a few more of his guards on protecting the various treasures he'd be showing at his little party. It WOULD be about the time that I'm ready to rob him blind that he'd suddenly start showing common sense.

So the security around this place was staggering. Too much for me to actually defeat without having to hurt someone in the process... and then I started really listening to the gossip running around town. What I heard was just TOO much. Apparently he'd heard that a highly talented thief was in the area, and had tightened up security as a result.

(Lost drive to continue working on this, although in my head I've already got it mostly finished. I'll edit this later with the rest)

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings