[Tsung Family Fic] Northern Exposures

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Nekogami

[Tsung Family Fic] Northern Exposures

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:37 am

Humor
Why can't I let the macarena die?

Miang walked inside her family's 3 story Lanese-style home. Grandpa was playing chess with Dai-Dai the panda. Miang the ex-thief, ex-knight, always terrorifying Long dragon dropped her bag by the door and pounced the giant panda on his back.

"Grandpa....how did you teach Dai-Dai to play chess?"

"We learned together. I would have tried to teach Grandmother but she bites harder than the panda." Miang chuckled and slid off of Dai-dai's back. The large bear-like beast hardly noticed the intrusive pounce and moved his pawn foreward.

The smell of food cooking was all throughout the household. Lunch would be served soon. She couldn't hear the usual yelling and chatter that her mother, aunt, and grandmother usually stirred up and assumed they were in the basement.

Bounding down the stairs was her oldest brother, Cheng-hao. He always kept his long black hair in a queue at the base of his neck and tide it with a larg black ribbon with two human fingerbones attached to the tail of the bow.

No one but the family knew what Cheng-hao did but whatever it was it caused him to travel frequently to Argosy,Inustan. Cheng-hao looked at Miang with his piercing slit eyes, like a demon. She of course stared back with contempt.

"WHAT!?" She finally yelled after the staring match had continued for a few minutes.

"Tch." Apparently, Miang's reaction was painfully, predictable. Cheng-hao grabbed up cloak and put it on. "Tsung women are so loud. They should be like songbirds: pretty and sweet spoken. Not like vultures: loud, raucaus, smelly, and brutal corpse hunting scavengers."

Miang should have known better than to be baited like that but her temper often ruled out her better sense. She roared and jumped on her brother and punched him in the shoulders repreatedly, while screaming out obscenities.

Her efforts were met with a yawn. Miang by human standards was tall but Cheng-hao still topped her by at least a head. "Thanks, I needed a massage. My neck was so stiff this morning. At least you're good for something Sai Miang."

"I AM NOT SAAAAAAAI!" Sai was Lanese for "small". It was infuriating when her brothers called her Sai, or Sai Miang, or Sai Mi-mi, or Sai anything. She wasn't small, she often retorted, they were just big and stupid.

"Tch." Finally weary of his sister, Cheng-Hao and grabbed her and put her on his shoulder. He pursed his lips and whistled loudly. A massive tiger bounded down the stair's. Execpt for it's size and the satin purple collar with a golden medallion it wore, it was a plain Argovian Swamp Tiger.

"Mei-Mei, take care of Miang. Make sure a mouse doesn't eat her." He carelessly dropped Miang on the ground and turned to open the door and left in a flurry of black. Miang tried to get up but the tiger had her tightly by the wrist.

"YOU ARE SOOOOOO STUPID!!! I HOPE YOU ....You....."

Cheng-hao opened the door and peaked in. "Die a hundred times by the hottest oil?"

"YES!"

"Tch. So cliché." He shut the door leaving Miang to fume.

"Checkmate." Grandfather had moved his rook into place, earning a grunt from Dai-Dai.

Miang stood up, Mei-mei finally letting her go, and rummaged around her pack. "Grandpa, I want to show you something before I got distracted by STUPID ELDER BROTHERS!"she called out in case, Cheng-Hao was still out there. She could practically her him clicking his teeth at her. She'd pay him back....one day.

Grandfather stood up slowly and wandered over as Miang held out a shining blue globe the size of a billiard ball. Inside colors of white, silver and various shades of aquamarine swirled. It emitted a faint noise.

"It's a music thingy. I stole it from someone on the street. It has gwailo music in it."

"It's probably no good then. I prefer the soothing sounds of the pipa any day."

Miang punched her grandfather in the arm lightly. In spite of the frail, elderly citizen routine, Grandpa ran, we could probably take on anyone in the city, hand to hand, blow for blow.

"No, it's really rather good. It's has a dance to go with it!" Still Granpa looked uninterested but his grandaughter was very persistent. She put the globe down and told it to play. It glowed for a bit then music started to play. "Just watch me."

Miang swayed her hips side to side to the beat, she extended her right paw forward palm up and repeated with her left in beat to the music. She then crossed her arms like a djinni, one arm at a time. Next, she put her right paw on the back of her head, then the left. Finally, she put her right paw on her left hip and crossed her left arm over and put that paw on her right hip. With a little wiggle of her bottom she jumped and turned to her right.

"That's it!"

Grandpa scratched his head and regarded the orb for a moment. "I have bad hips. Sorry, dumpling,"he lied and shuffled back to the table where Dai-dai had already set up the chess board again.

"Old fuddy duddy...." Miang told the music globe to stop playing when the other ladies of the family came up from the basement. They looked very happy with themselves which usually meant that someone was very miserable.

"Aaaaah, Daughter! How are you?"

Usually, Miang never came within 3 feet of her mother is she could help it but today she was sucking up. "Mother!" She hugged Aolong tightly. "Let's dance!"

The hug obviously disturbed Aolong. "Eh?" She wasn't sure if she should hug her back or stab her before Miang got her first.
Miang turned on the music and repeated the dance.

Grandmother tilted her head. "Is it some kind of evil ritual?"

"NO!"

Auntie studied the globe. "Hmmm, gwailo magic ain't bad. Stupid and useless and without refinement but not bad. Show me how to do that."

And thus the tutorial began. Auntie had no coordination to be mentioned but she gave it her all. Eventually, Aolong decided to try, never one to pass up the opportunity to one up her sister. Grandmother watched patiently for a few of the songs and then decided to give it a try and did pretty well for her age. Grandpa was determined not to look away from his match and ignored the foray as much as possible.

The door swung open just as they ladies were giving their rumps a generous wiggle. It was Shen Tze, the second to youngest. "Blessed ancestors, what have I done to deserve this torture...." He shut the door with a pained looked on his face.

He had obviously told her brothers about the ordeal because they peaked their heads in. They gave each other a look and shut the door, snickering and/or moaning.

The door opened again and it was Tai but he was looking back as the boys egged him on. When her turned he was face to face with them as the song ended.

"..."

Miang opened her mouth but before she could say anything, Tai immediately interjected with a 'No' and closed the door.

There was much laughing outside but Miang valiantly ignored them until-

" I WISH MIANG'S HIPS WERE WAS SAI AS SHE IS!"

"OR HER ASS FOR THAT MATTER!"

Miang screamed and dashed out the door, her brothers scattered and Tai floated up to escape her. Cheng-Hao didn't move but laughed as he defended himself from Miang's enraged kicking and punching.

And thus the mockery continued until Miang was all angered out.

Meanwhile....

"Huh!" Grandpa looked closely at the chessboard. Dai-dai pointed with a large claw to his knight and snatched up Granpa's king. "Hmmm, I've never lost to a panda before...I must be slipping." <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
[url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/9/04 2:06 pm
[/i]

SALSAlys

Macarena!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:31 pm

Gotta love the macarena.

And chess-playing pandas. XD

I am amused. ^_^

aurorastar

Re:

Unread postby aurorastar » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:13 pm

Haha...this is good. I like how you captured the style of living with the Asian family. Good humor too. <p>Dreams are more fragile and fleeting than a glass rose,
So then why are we destined to dream?
Sometimes two dreams can turn into love,
But there are also times when they can't.
Even when alone, people want to share their feelings,
But it can be so hard;
Words are powerless to express one's feelings
And sometimes can become a silver knife.
I used to believe without a doubt that I could reach my dreams,
No matter how far off they were.
But that me from long ago now sleeps inside my heart.
</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings