The Gift (Deeum x Shan!)

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

SALSAlys

The Gift (Deeum x Shan!)

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:29 am

(And once again... Ms. Sue strikes!)

Marianne Sue glared at her pathetic sprig of mistletoe.

If it had eyes, it would have glared back.

A "Christmas special" slash? Oh Ishtar help me, this is probably going to be the WORST piece of tripe I ever wrote...

Still fuming, she began scribbling names on the paper, trying to get ideas.

Will and Kamos? Enlil and Malachias? Griff and Will...? Shan and... hm. Catgirls are always popular... and dragongirls...

Inspiration hit her like a bolt of lightning, only not so fizzly, and she began writing furiously, crumpling up a sheet of paper which she initially ripped by stabbing too hard with her pen. She continued writing without losing the rhythm she had developed; she had an IDEA.

Snow was falling gently to the ground, encompassing Doma City in its powdery radiance. In the park, lovers huddled against eachother as they strolled, while children and the young of heart frolicked in the whiteness.

Two particular figures fitted into this latter category, one of them a woman with closely cropped blue hair and feline ears, a former dragoon. The only hint of her past was the lithe grace with which she moved, neatly palming a handful of snow before sending it at her friend, a woman of dragon descent with golden hair, held back with a simple headband.

The blonde woman was barely able to avoid it, diving to the ground and tackling the other.

"Ha! Got you THIS time, Shan!"

The catgirl stuck her tongue out, laughing.

"Get off now, Deeum. You need to lose weight, after all."

Deeum mocked a smack at Shan before getting off, adjusting her scarf more snugly about her neck.

"Got any plans for Ishmas?" she asked. Shan shrugged in response.

"Don't have to visit my family or anything," she said quietly, then cocked her head to one side, giving a smile which, though brilliant, had an unmistakable tinge of sadness to it. "No boyfriend either, so... suppose I'll be with you."

"You've had plenty of guys chasing you," Deeum scoffed, trying to cheer up her friend. "Why don't you give any of 'em a chance?"

"I tried. Dhargun— well, you know how THAT turned out, and while there were others... I guess that was the last straw. I think I'm just through with guys."

"You so sure about that?"

"Mhm. I mean—" Shan smiled again, ears twitching slightly manically as she attempted to turn the topic into a lighter vein. "What am I supposed to do? Date girls? I don't think I swing that way."

"Hey, relationships should be built on common ground, right? We're friends, we both don't have boyfriends, we both don't swing towards girls— we'd be a PERFECT couple!" Deeum suggested, grinning widely, almost pathetically. Anything to bring a smile to her friend...

Shan's ears stopped twitching, some of the tension draining out of her shoulders as she looked at Deeum. Slowly, like a rose gently unfurling its petals, her lips crept upward in a smile again.

"Sure. If nothing else, we can give all the gossips a special Ishmas gift of scandal."

Deeum let out a whoop, then swung her arms about Shan, noisily kissing her cheeks before linking arms with her, and smiled.

"Well then, girlfriend, I think you and I have an Ishmas date to do," she said with mock severity. Shan giggled in response, and snuggled her cheek against Deeum's shoulder.

Deeum took Shan through a dizzying array of Ishmas celebrations, determined to pack as much activity as possible into their 'date' as she could. Even if it failed to cheer Shan up, Deeum figured that it would make her too BUSY to be depressed.

Even so, as they went from iceskating to cocoa in the Jade Dragon, Shan gave her first real laugh as she watched Deeum wipe whipped cream off her upper lip. Deeum gave a rueful smile, though relieved that Shan had finally lightened up.

"Having fun?"

Shan nodded, face almost glowing as she smiled at Deeum again.

"This has been a wonderful date, De— 'girlfriend'. Best one I've ever had in my life."

"Always glad to oblige. Aren't you staying here...? Guess I could 'walk you home'," Deeum said, glancing at the stairs with amusement. Shan chuckled again, and nodded.

"I'm getting a bit tired anyways... might as well walk upstairs, finish the cocoa. My room has a window with a nice view of Doma— we can see all the Ishmas lights set up."

Nodding assent, Deeum gathered the mugs, and began walking upstairs after Shan. After entering Shan's room, Deeum set the mugs down on the dresser by the bed, then sat back, looking out the window.

"Ooh, you're right. The view's GREAT, and now that it's night you can see all the magelights they've set up on the trees at the park... some of 'em are set in patterns like angels. Wow."

"Mhm," Shan said, slightly smug as if taking credit for the view. Then her gaze tilted up, and she pointed at the starry sky. It was a clear, crisp night, and it was as though the stars had deliberately set out to make themselves rival the multitude of lights below. "Look— isn't it beautiful?"

"Make a wish," Deeum whispered, voice soft and warm against Shan's ear, causing the fur on it to prickle slightly in pleasure.

"Wish on a sta—? Oh.... I wish that I could again have as much fun as I did on this date with you."

"And I wish that you won't give up on love."

Shan looked back at Deeum, eyes almost hypnotic as they reflected the lights outside.

"I don't think I have, Deeum," she said softly. "Before, I only said 'boys', and— this HAS been the best day of my life. Thank you."

She leaned forward slightly, lips doing little more than brushing Deeum's in a kiss that still made her slightly weak, as both of them worked on fulfilling their Ishmas wishes.

[i]

Teh Kev

Re: The Gift (Deeum x Shan!)

Unread postby Teh Kev » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:38 am

Slashy Slashy! Excellent Work Lys, this gave me a good chuckle. ^_^ <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:33 am

...One thing, Lys.

XD <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:53 am

You're getting far too good at this.

However, that did made me cackle like a fiend. Which means someone's probably wide awake now, and WTFing.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:00 am

Indeed.. jolly good. :D This tempts me into following suit and trying to make my own slash, for shits and giggles. Way to go. <p>

Creation: COMPREHENDING STUPIDITY.</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:10 am

XD
Thanks! this is rather amusing! XD! <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:49 pm

... Dear God that's gold. *giggles like a maniac*

I am amused, our Lyssy. ^_^

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:18 pm

...next in Lys' work order should be Kyle x Griff. :(

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:49 pm

Next in Koneko's work order should be contributing something worthwhile is he's going to practice thread necromancy <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:26 pm

Pah, Kyle x Griff is so OOC.

We all know there's no way that Griff could ever fit into that little Swiss Miss outfit. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hello, I'm Troy Mclure! You may remember me from such realms as Hell, and Gaera!"-Shinigori, OOC</span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:53 pm

No, see Neb, that's where Ninja Ned comes in to make some 'alterations'.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:05 pm

<s>First, Pervy needs to realize that a full three days doesn't constitute thread necromancy except in the spam forum.

Second, he needs to look over what he writes before he posts it, as always...

And third, Neb and Zerro's responses give an interesting idea for a fanart request.</s>

I can't read dates! :D

Edited by: Uncle Pervy&nbsp; Image at: 1/14/04 11:45 pm

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:52 pm

I think you misread something, Koney. Last post was in December, I believe.

However, you do have a point on the Swiss Miss saga. That could lead to..."interesting" things... <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hello, I'm Troy Mclure! You may remember me from such realms as Hell, and Gaera!"-Shinigori, OOC</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 1/14/04 10:55 pm

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:40 am

Koneko needs to not give Pervy a reason :(

...Not like Pervy doesn't have enough of one anyway. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:24 pm

I hate the whole dates thing, especially after a new years. I know I'm going to be writing "2003" until at least February.
<p>

I am just too damn British.

LilDragonFluffy: HOW TE FUCK DO YOU FEMININFIZE GUS?!

"The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years." - Michael Caine</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings