ONO LYSSY WRITES SLASH!?

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

SALSAlys

ONO LYSSY WRITES SLASH!?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:03 am

Marianne sighed, looking at her notebook as she walked down the Doman streets. The bills were piling up, and much as she hated to do it, she knew she had no other choice...

Time to write slash again, she thought resignedly. Despite her loathing of the genre, the public lapped it up, especially if she wrote about famous figures. And it DID pay the rent...

Glancing to the side, she saw a restauraunt at which a slender black mage wearing robes of a fine cut sat with a trim, muscular blonde man. The latter was wearing a black coat, and Marianne's curiousity was piqued. Inobstrusively, she took a seat on a bench where she could just catch the gist of the conversation, including the blonde man's name.

Alonso. Certainly has a ring to it, Marianne decided, and began scribbling furiously.

Alonso's brown eyes narrowed as he looked across the table at the man with the blue-green hair. For a few brief moments, the Black Soul Knight allowed himself to wonder how such hair would appear in the soft haze of early morning light, but dismissed it as irrelevent to the matter at hand.

"So do you know the reason as to why Mr. Messiah fled Barius?" inquired Inverse, his green eyes glittering with curiousity. Alonso had no doubt that Inverse had more than mere curiousity about this; the man was infamous for being a rumormonger. However, he wasn't inclined to give such information out haphazardly. Alonso maintained his silence.

Inverse ran his tongue over his lips, moistening them as he toyed with the fork in his hand, taking a small, almost delicate bite of a piece of pheasant.

"Of course, there are many rumors about it. Some being more believable than others," continued the black mage, cupping his chin in his hands.

"Oh?" Alonso asked guardedly. There was something disarming about the man's gaze...

"Well, the most unbelievable is the one regarding a rather— overfondness of Peerless. No matter what Mr. Messiah's sexual deviances are, I most sincerely doubt he is truly interested in a tentacled monster as a paramour."

Alonso nodded slightly. He could speak otherwise, though— Vaniyakna, while his superior and a man he respected, made him feel... unclean. Whenever he saw Vaniyakna's eyes on him, or felt his gaze on his back, he couldn't shake an unhealthy feeling that he was Vaniyakna's favorite for more than just being a skilled fighter...

"—while phallic symbols have their place, I'm afraid I can't perceive their place being on the ends of tentacles," continued Inverse, and Alonso felt himself jolted back to the conversation, nodding slightly.

The Knight hadn't touched any food at the restaurant, though Inverse had offered. Alonso had his own sense of honor, and knew his mission. He couldn't accept food or drink from a man who was under a death sentence.

'Oh lord Vaniyakna, why must you make me kill a man who it seems I could be friends with?' he wondered. Ever since his brother had died fighting rebels, he had sworn to help his country however he could, but never before had he felt this bond of FRIENDSHIP forming. As a Knight, he was often too busy with training to form friendships, and he kept too much of a professional demeanor to ever truly grow close to his comrades, while his reputation frightened others.

Inverse dabbed at his lips with a napkin, and finished the last of his wine before gliding to his feet smoothly as a waiter brought the bill. The man didn't even look at it though, and instead tossed down a few coins of large denomination; more than enough to pay for two such meals as he had consumed. Alonso raised an eyebrow at such an extravagant display of wealth, but the mage just smiled enigmatically.

'Why, lord Vaniyakna...?'

The two men exited the restaurant, as cool dusk settled over the streets. Inverse removed his hat, and the fading light stained his hair a rich blue like the depths of the sea. He shrugged his shoulders, rolling his neck loosely before smiling at Alonso.

"Are yo quite sure you have nothing to say about the rumors surrounding Mr. Messiah?"

"Quite sure."

They walked in silence from there, Alonso's nerves taut. Just waiting for the correct moment...

"Did you hear something from there?" he asked Inverse, turning his head to look quizzically down an alleyway.

"Sorry?" replied the mage, one eyebrow arched.

"Hm." Alonso made for the alley entrance, already beginning to slide the hidden dagger from his sleeve into his hand. Inverse followed behind, and every footsteps the pair made echoed in Alonso's mind before he twirled abruptly, slamming Inverse into a wall, the dagger fully out whiel the other hand pinned Inverse to the wall. The man's mouth was opening to scream—

Without thinking, Alonso jammed his mouth onto Inverse's, his first reaction to stifle the mage before he could let out a sound. Their tongues met in a wet, moist tangle which made Alonso's vision blur, his knees feeling weak in a way that—

'NO! My country! I must NOT give in!' he thought savagely, withdrawing as quickly as he had gone forward, biting his lip as his hands trembled, the knife now at Inverse's throat and barely pricking the skin. He could taste blood in his mouth, rich and coppery— but underneath it, no matter how he tried to ignore it, the warmth of another's inner fluids, the faint taste of rosemary and herbs...

"...Alonso?!"

He couldn't hold it in anymore, releasing Inverse as he gave a soul-wracking sob, pushing himself away and flinging the knife to the ground, where it skittered out of sight. Spasms of tears shook his entire body as he choked out, "Go... Vaniyakna will kill me for letting you go, but..."

"Alonso, no! It doesn't have to be this way! Are you resigning from Vaniyakna's service?" Inverse's thin, long-fingered hands went up to graze the flesh about his throat, unable to believe his brush with death.

"There is no resignation from Lord Vaniyakna... only death, or escape. THAT is why Jaeko fled Barius. And why... I... must... die..."

"But you don't have to go back!"

"I am not strong enough! I swore my life to the service of my country, and part of that service was to kill you! BUT I CANNOT!"

"...Alonso. That kiss— was beyond anything I had shared with any woman before. Or ANYONE. I— surely there must be some way! You could talk with Mr. Amanziani, and with your knowledge of Vaniyakna, you could doubtless—"

"It's a matter of honor. I must not bring shame to my family— my brother died fighting REBELS. I cannot become one myself!"

"Honor, is it?" The rumour-monger's mouth twisted down bitterly. "Must it all be honor, with you? Why can you not break away from your loyalty to an unjust ruler?"

"I have made it my life to serve him. Only with death can it cease."

"You and your bizarre sense of honor—" He crouched by the Knight, slender arms enfolding Alonso as he rocked him gently. "What must I do to persuade you?" he whispered, warm breath tickling the fine hairs at the back of Alonso's neck.

Alonso's response was wordless.

They stayed in the alley until dawn's first soft light broke across the sky. Alonso breathed a deep sigh, looking to the sky before he began gathering his coat about him again. Though exhausted from the night's activities, he still knew his duty. He looked down at Inverse, his hair now a soft, almost pastel green under the gentle fingers of the dawn. His heart ached, seeking to hold the memory close to him until death.

"Nothing I've said— nothing we've shared is making you change your mind?" murmured Inverse, though the look in his eyes showed he already knew the answer.

"I'm sorry. I love you, but my loyalties come first," whispered Alonso, tears swimming across his vision before he stood.

"...I will remember you for as long as I live," Inverse said softly.

"I will too, beloved. Not that I'll have much longer," Alonso replied, with a crooked smile which Inverse had come to love in the brief span he had known it. With that, the Knight went from the city to seek his commander, and to declare that his mission had gone unfulfilled, so that the sentence would be death...

Marianne nearly jumped. The men were coming out, and if they could see what she was writing....

Bah. Shoddy work; I can work on it a bit more at home, she decided, though not before scribbling her signature at the end and running off.

Ms. Sue

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=salsalys>SALSAlys</A] at: 11/14/03 1:14 am

Uncle Pervy

Re: ONO LYSSY WRITES SLASH!?

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:11 am

That's so totally OOC.

Inverse would never take off his hat. There might be mind readers about :( <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:34 am

There are no words to express my utter jubilation upon reading this piece. <p>
-=- "Spammers are people too." -- SuperRube
-=- "And then the pixies of doom ate her brain. It was very tragic." -- White Knight
-=- "If it smells like a discussion, walks like a discussion, and talks like a discussion.. it's a.. duck" -- Crawling Reshiki<p><center>Image</center></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:45 am

Thank you momma! ^o^

And Unkie:

If I ever write slash with Inverse again, he won't remove his hat, I promise. ;_;

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:47 am

Ooh ooh! Do Will x Griff next!

:D <p>
-=- "And then the pixies of doom ate her brain. It was very tragic." -- White Knight
-=- "If it smells like a discussion, walks like a discussion, and talks like a discussion.. it's a.. duck" -- Crawling Reshiki<p><center>Image</center></p>

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:03 am

Like all your stuff, it was a nice read. :D

Dia: NO!!! Kitties will cry if that is made! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:46 am

Wow, slash that doesn't have Aya in it :D

EXCELLENT job, Lys! I also add another vote for Will xGriff! <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:32 pm

Excellent. :D

And i 3rd the demand. Will X Griff or Shand X DM!
>_> <_< <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:42 pm

If Vaniyakna ever got his hands on this....

Nice job, Lys!

....And everyone who suggest Will x Griff has a special place in Hell reserved. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:23 pm

kod x ash. >.> <.< *SKITTER* <p>
<div style="text-align:center">
Happy Halloween, you bastards!
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:25 pm

Yes. Yes. YES.

But ALSO Will x Griff. <p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:46 pm

Will x Griff? Sure, why not.

Although I want someone to do Will x Kamos. Seriously. <p>

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
- Silent Hill</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:50 pm

Will x Kamos?

That's way to plausible. :( <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:25 pm

Point. <p>

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
- Silent Hill</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:05 pm

I also want to see Will x Kamos. ^_^ <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:33 pm

Kamos does not deserve yaoi. :(

Will x Griff. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:32 am

Kamos totally deserves yaoi most of all.

With ol' King Chuckles. :D <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:34 am

Hee hee hee! :D <p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:27 pm

Kamos does deserve it quite a bit.

Going by slash standards, you know..

Zemyla

Re: ..

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:54 pm

Or you could have Will in his girl form. ^_^

Also, I'm glad none of my characters are famous enough to be in this kind of stuff. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: ..

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:38 am

As I said in chat, I want to see Will x Willow slash, just for the pure paradoxical nature if it. :D <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:43 am

... You people SCARE me. :{

WillxGriff? That's horrible!

GriffxCervantxVaniyakna is MUCH better. =D

Jak Snide

Re: 9.9

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:42 pm

As much as I approve of evil, evil slash combos....

Bringing little angel girls into the equation is just wrong.

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:26 pm

Cervant is the older form/older version of the wai angel girl.

And I get such ebil ideas.... ~___~

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:28 pm

I know this, jes, but I thought only a character's current incarnation was vulnerable to slash attacks. :{

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:38 pm

...if any of my characters winds up in slash, I'll kill someone.

Except Boris, because he's Boris. <p>"Especially when you put them up to your eyes and said, 'Look at me, I have chocobo testicles for eyes!'"
-Nezetta (Shinigori)</p>

E Mouse

Unread postby E Mouse » Sun Nov 30, 2003 10:11 pm

Jeremy's Author: Well, my stance on the issue'd probably vary depending on the definition of 'slash...' assuming it's based on established couples, I'd have little problem!

Jeremy: Hey!

Alice: *purrs* <p>-------

E'S QUOTE OF THE WHENEVER:

"I'm here to burn the lollipops."</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings