Reflections (Gaera Fic)

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Reflections (Gaera Fic)

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:20 pm

Ash had finally reached Doma, as he stood overlooking it from a small hill in the distance. It felt like years since he had been back there. He, naturally, would take part in the reconstruction. Aiding those who needed it, and helping rebuild some structures.

But Ash couldn't help the creeping feeling, not to mention realization, that so much had happened in the past few years or so.

Hell, to him, it seemed like only a couple of days ago that he met a young girl named Christydia Roa Tulmos, after saving her from some unruly types. Remembering the feelings that arose between them. She had wanted to leave her "boring" town and see the world. So naturally, she followed him upon his leaving her home.

That and it felt like practically yesterday when he first met a foul-mouthed, not to mention slightly pyromantic black mage, as well as a then weak-backboned paladin, and his then dark knight brother. Then there was the brother's lover, a purple skinned Blue Mage, who was probably even more chicken than the paladin was at times. Also the vampiric day walker whose inn he had before been housed in. Course there were many others in that group as well. He met them all, and strangely... they all managed to form a cohesive group.

Ash couldn't believe it... but he had forgotten about the one person... or entity, to better put it, who for the longest time seemed to get off on interfering in the warrior's life.

"God... can't believe I had forgotten about that asshole." he said out loud, which only got the attention of the large feline that was still currently in his company.

Yeah... Dark Blade, or Torranbane as he would later learn... was a different character all together. Ash was still getting over the fact that he had somehow managed to forget the biggest annoyance he had ever met. Sure, the big armor-plated jerk had usually good intentions when he did interrupt things. But Ash had always hated the idea that he had been constantly, and could still be, watched for the longest of times.

Most of these friends he had watched grow and change as time went by. Jak and Kotoki had fallen in love, which to Ash was still the strangest of occurances... since one of them loved to suck blood. He watched Daniel grow as a warrior and get a bit more of a backbone than he once had. Hell, he was there when the paladin got married to a white mage.

Now... Stephan and Midoku were a different matter. Ash respected the dark knight, specially since he had taken part in defeating Dark Fanrico. He had also seen this psycho become a Mystic Knight of sorts. Ash never really kept much tabs with those two beyond the occaisional meeting at a bar.

But as for Darkblade, Ash hadn't heard from him in a long time... last time the two had met was a while before Ash went off to go stop that Espylocopa beast from being summoned.

Though, naturally, Darkblade had ways of reminding Ash that he was still around... specially when the bastard brought his son Whelan into things. But the lad had proven himself able to handle situations rather well.

Ash himself had changed a bit since that time. He was appointed Commander of the Doman Army... probably as a way of thanking him for handling Dark Fanrico. Least... that's what Ash guessed.

So much had happened since then. Ash couldn't believe it, and the thought clung to him as he started down the road towards the main gate.

He couldn't help but wonder what had happened to Christydia during all of this. Was she safe? Had she been injured? Was she... no... Ash chose not to think about that. Sher'Khan growled a bit as they walked towards Doma City.

E Mouse

Re: Reflections (Gaera Fic)

Unread postby E Mouse » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:31 pm

An interesting little explanation of Ash's thoughts. Good, but there are a few sentances that don't seem quite right to me. Then again, it could be just the way Ash's mind works, so who knows!

I would give a thorough critique and suggestions, but I'm lazy.

"So naturally, she followed him upon his leaving her home."

I do think you use the proverbs a little much here. Stick in the name again (or a descriptionary alternative - what could Ash be called, or Christydia?) somewhere, I say.

My version of one of the early paragraphs:

That, and it felt like practically yesterday when he had first met a foul-mouthed (not to mention slightly pyromanctic) black mage, as well as a weak-backboned paladin and his dark knight brother. Then there was the second knight's lover, a purple skinned blue mage, who was probably even more chicken than the paladin was at times. There was also the vampiric day walker, whose inn he (who's 'he?') had been housed in before. Of course, there were many others in that group as well... Ash met them all, and strangely, somehow, they managed to form a cohesive group. <p>-------

E'S QUOTE OF THE WHENEVER:

"I'm here to burn the lollipops."</p>Edited by: E Mouse&nbsp; Image at: 11/23/03 5:43 pm

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings