Fanfics...

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

AppleFetish

Fanfics...

Unread postby AppleFetish » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:03 am

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>What would make a better fan fic?</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm9.processVote?topicID=221.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Johnny the Homicidal Maniac</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Dexter's Laboratory</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="3"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Rage Against The Machine</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="4"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Nightmare Before Christmas (Sally)</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="5"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>The FairlyOdd Parents</FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=1>Show results</FONT>

NebulaQueen

Re: Fanfics...

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:18 am

Hmn...whether or not this is in general or advice on a fanfic you're working on...I don't know. I'll just go with the former assumption for this post.

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac: I like the comic, but I can't really see how somebody can pull off a decent fanfic for it. Too many people would fall into the trap of making it INCERDIBLY EXTREEEEME! (Lol, Jnny is on ritalin and TOTALLY STABBERED the gaurds! Laugh at my hilarity!)

The other end of the spectrum would be drama/angst...but that just doesn't fit in with the comic, to be honest.

Dexter's Laboratory & Fairy Oddparents: Same as above, only replace the words comic with cartoon, and replace Johnny with a mispelled version of the name of another comic.

Rage Against the Machine: Oh Hell No. Fanfics about real people tend to creep the fuck out of me. Or, they end up sucking hard core and being about band members doing INCERDIBLY EXTREEEME things! (Lol, Trent Reznor is high on pixie sticks and he TOTALLY STABBERED Britney Spears with a glowstick!)

So...Nightmare Against Christmas wins by default, I guess. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is

"Queasy? Queasiness is for the weak! And the queasy!" -Jaeko</span></p>

Uncle Pervy

Re: Fanfics...

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:35 am

Neb is correct on all counts.

I woudl put forth that "wins by default" is still awful. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings