Twilight Meeting (The "Trilogy" complete)

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Twilight Meeting (The "Trilogy" complete)

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:02 am

*-- STOP!!! Don't go any further till you've read both "Incomplete Hunter" as well as "New Lease on Life" to get the needed info before continuing.
----------------------------------

Rico could feel the heat down the back of his neck, and his body's moisture rising. He was sweating with fear.

"Turn around... no more need for running now..." said the voice, with the "crushed glass" voice. Rico was hesitant, should he do it? Should he finally turn to face his fear? Should he teleport again? Continue running some more?

"What do you want with me?" he asked, wanting to prolong the vision of his nightmare's face as long as possible. It also a question he had been meaning to ask... and now he finally had the chance. The Stranger sighed...

"Fine. Do you have any memory... of your first defeat?" the Stranger asked. This only angered Rico, as he clenched his fists. Who has the nerve to do this? Rico hated those kinds of answers to questions.

"You always answer questions with one of your own?" he shot back to his stalker. A menacing chuckle could be heard before the Dark Stranger continued.

"Only when it bests suits the situation... my friend." It was the Demon Kopii's turn to sigh. What kind of question is that? He's Rico for the godsakes... he's a literal walking dictionary on the different ways to get killed. Stabbing, Incineration, Exploding, Being Quartered, Shot, you name it... it's probably happened to him. He tried to do as the mysterious person asked.

Rico's memories flooded backwards in his life. The recent break-up with Azhreia, his battles with Amana, meeting Azhreia for the first time, then... it all seemed to stop. As a matter of fact... he couldn't remember past some of his earliest memories. Rico just seemed to, for all practical purposes, appear there... almost instinctively targetting Ash Fanrico, the man whose face his own was molded after, and those in league with him. The Demonic Fanrico couldn't understand it... it was if his mind drew a blank.

"I thought so... you don't remember." came the voice finally. He was right too... Rico could not remember... at all. He felt strange, as if his mind was playing tricks on him. The feeling was almost like the Deja' Vu type.

"I can sense the Demon Lords hands in this. They don't take kindly to those like us." said the voice. This struck weird with the demonic kopii, what had he just meant with that "us"?

"What are you getting at?" snapped Rico, trying to get back to the matter in question. Another chuckle sounded, an arrogant type of chuckle... like someone who knows more than you kind of chuckle. To make things simple, it pissed off Rico even more.

"ANSWER ME!!!" he bellowed, growing impatient with the damn chuckling. This bastard finally catches up to him and all he does is chuckle at questions? Sounds like a great fuckin' quest indeed.

"Remember a certain... Lil' Rico?" asked the voice, from the tone of it, the Stranger obviously knew where he was taking this conversation.

"A certain little piece of you meant to keep your lifeforce alive while you regenerated from having been extinguished, remember him?" asked this strange fellow. The answer he got from Rico was a nod. Yeah, Rico remembered the little anklebiter. It also had the worst timing to have appeared in front of Queen Aya, and being adopted by the Doman Royal family.

"Yes... I remember that little shit stain." replied Rico finally, crossing his arms.

"But what does the little anklebiter have to do with anything now?" he asked, wondering where this mysterious person was going with this. Lil' Rico was gone... he served his purpose and was reasorbed after it was finished. What does it have to do with the current situation?

"Well, a side-effect of the 'Vessels', is that they have no real memory prior to their quote on quote 'birth'. They only have shreds of the original's behavior patterns." replied the voice, finally not asking a damn question.

"Yeah... so?" asked Rico, inquisitively trying to figure out that connection. More importantly... how did this guy know all that?

"SO... guess whose vessel... you are." replied the voice, hinting at excitement in his voice. Rico's eyes lit up at that very instant.

"That's right... my Lil' Rico." replied the voice. Rico shook his head. It couldn't be... no... it just could not be true. He couldn't have been like that little twirp... all along. It just... defied all... logic...

"The Demon Lords couldn't get to me... so they got to you. Wiped some of your memories clean, obviously cut down your powers to an acceptable level, and made you one of their slaves." said the voice, who wasn't even trying to hide his excitement over this.

"NO!!!" Rico said, turning finally to meet his enemy. What he saw... was shocking.

The man in front of him, looked for all practical purposes, like a ragged, burnt, and much older version of himself. His armor guards were cracked and rusted in some parts. His sleevless shirt was full of holes, and reaked of brimstone. The pants didn't look any better than the shirt. His hair was longer than Rico's... and his eyes burned darker. It was like looking into a fun house mirror.

"Allow me to introduce myself... I am THE Dark Fanrico." said the man, bowing slightly and grinning from ear to ear.

End of Part 1

FlamingDeth

Re: Twilight Meeting (The "Trilogy" complete)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:35 am

Going to make ol' Dark Fanrico into a respectable character as opposed to random villainous cannon fodder?

Spiffy. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:24 am

Part 2

Rico was stunned. Could it be true? Could he be nothing more than a mere containment vessel? No... he couldn't be... after all he had been through.

"You're LYING!" he hissed at the one who claimed to be the original. He wanted no more of this. All he wanted was for this liar to stop it and get to the real point of all of this.

"Oh... am I now? Face it kid... I've come back to collect what is rightfully mine. What that happens to be my friend, is you." replied 'Dark Fanrico'. Rico smelled something... and looked at the grass below him.

It looked like it was on fire... but with no visible flames! Grass was coiling up and darkening as if someone had taken a match to it.

"You finally see it now... don't you?" asked the Stranger as he backed away, more grass burning as he did. He held his arms up, pushing the cloak that covered his body back, revealing more of the ground beneath him.

"What the hell are you doing?" asked a confuse Rico, as he stared more at the burnt earth.

"That's my uncontrollable energies at work. Without you, the Rogue piece, I am unable to fully control them. It's an aura, of sorts, that seems to corrode and blacken the ground with which I stand upon." replied the ever ready 'Dark Fanrico'.

Rico's rage began building up, this man was lying to him... he had to be... there wasn't anyway that he himself could actually be like... that little double.

"Oh... you're going to fight me now are you? Hate to tell ya kid... but two guards ain't nuthin' to brag about. Even if they were demons. You were once able to inspire fear... riding on my coat tails, using my name, my reputation." said the Stranger, through clenched teeth as his eyes stared right into Rico.

"I am my own person! I ride on no man's back... in no one's shadow." growled Rico, as he was beginning to want to kill this man.

"Oh but you do! Look at you! Look what you've done!!! My name is synonymous with weakling!!! What were you thinking?" asked a troubled Dark Fanrico, as the aura around him seemed to grow.

Rico at that moment felt a certain twitch in his mind. His eyes became as big as an orc's saucer plate. His body felt frozen, as if all his function just simply... locked up.

"That's correct... like your bond with Lil' Rico, I too can look into your mind." replied the Dark one, answering the unasked question that was obviously on the tip of Rico's tongue.

"Your escapades have soiled my name. Running at enemies without a moment of strategy? Beginning fights without a second's worth of consideration?" Rico could feel the presence of the Dark Stranger, feeling around in his mind.

"You... even fell... in love?" asked a disgusted Dark Fanrico, the mere thought of such a thing almost driving him to vomit.

"Got a problem with that?" asked Rico finally, trying to fight the strains against him.

"With a SLUT even... a slut who was playing you from the beginning. Using you to further her own goals." his eyes lit up, pure with unbridled astonishment.

"YOU LOST TO A LOWLY DROW BITCH!?!?" roared the man who stood before Rico, the man who claimed to be the Original. Rico could tell this was of great concern to this entity. Hell, everyone had already rubbed it in his face once or twice before.

"OH Infernos... you... pitiful FOOL!!!" screamed Dark Fanrico, as he seemed to almost break down from this discovery.

"HEY!!! How was I supposed to know she'd have help from above? Huh? How was I supposed to know? The Demon Lords never gave me sufficient information." retorted an impatient Rico.

"But... you... KEPT AT IT!!!! Every loss you returned... again and again... only to be brought down once more. Infernos I wish I had come back earlier... stopped this mockery from commencing." said Dark Fanrico, seemingly talking to himself at this point.

Then his look of anger shifted, "Well... that's encouraging..." he spoke as if not even noticing Rico as he delved deeper into the Kopii's mind.

"He kept up his hatred and battles with... HIM. Though seemed to never be able to... defeat the bastard. Almost in extremely embarrasing ways..." mumbled Dark Fanrico as he seemed lost in the wealth of memories that were in his 'vessel's' mind.

"HEY!!! OLD MAN!!! Are we through yet?" asked Rico, who was now more than ready to end this ridiculous conversation.

"Is it over? No, not until we are one again... my vessel." replied Dark Fanrico, who seemed to have just gotten back to reality. He began to approach the Dark Kopii. Rico could once again control his body.

"Whoa there pal... what's the rush?" asked Rico, backing away from the oncoming Dark Fanrico.

"The rush is the little time I have left to repair my legacy... the one you shit upon with your failures, your embarrassments, your losses. I never got much of a good look into your pitiful mind till now... the link can only go so far." replied Dark Fanrico, steadily approaching his prey.

Rico thought back to the man's words... how he never seemed to be able to think back to his first days, how the Demon Lords seemed always willing to send him off on missions, as if they were punishing him. Sure, he fucked up alot... but not to the point of what they put him through.

"I grow tired of this, I'm too close now, and before you evade me again... I must finish this game." replied Dark Fanrico, as his left hand began to glow an eerie orange light...

End of Part 2

Edited by: Ash Fanrico&nbsp; Image at: 10/23/03 1:25 am

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:38 am

Part 3

Rico stood his ground, "Don't you fuckin' touch me!" he growled at Dark Fanrico as the demon drew closer. The orange glow turned blood red. Dark Fanrico grinned, his rotted teeth showing.

"You aren't in the position to order jackshit from me kid!!!" he bellowed, as he reared up and lashed forward with his other hand, around the throat of Rico.

"Imagine how I feel!!! Imagine how disgusting it is to see someone so smart and so full of potential... yet they're so STUPID!! AND IMAGINE WHEN THAT SOMEONE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!!" roared Dark Fanrico as he raised his vessel into the air. Rico could literally feel the raw energy of his predacessor, practically oozing off him.

"But now... now the little game has run it's course. Now... you're mine... Vessel." hissed the older demon as it held onto the throat of it's opponent.

"I'm not going to lay down for you!!! Not for you... NOT FOR ANYONE!!!" screamed Rico as he lunged at Dark Fanrico, fiery fist rushing forward.

Only to have it caught by his opponent. Dark Fanrico let out a low, menacing guffaw. It sounded like it could chill the backbone of an ogre.

"Nice try there... but I saw that coming years ago!" gloated Dark Fanrico, as the hand that held his successors fist began to glow. Now... a new sensation was felt by the embattle Rico.

Like someone has taken his very skin and was pulling it, as if it were rubber, with ungodly strength. The Demon Kopii made the only choice he had at that point... resist it.

"Now stop fighting it. You should be glad vessel... glad that you're no longer going to be remembered as a failure... but as a force to be feared, to be respected. I'll make sure of that." gloated Dark Fanrico again, as the merging process continued.

Rico couldn't fight it... this unimagineable force was consuming him. Had it felt this way for the Runt? Was it his destiny all along to end up like this?

But it seemed to be... as soon his vision was filled with pure white. Rico began to feel dreadfully sleepy. He fought to stay awake... fought it so he could tear that grin off of that bastard Dark Fanrico's face. But the feeling overwhelmed him... and soon... he was gone.
----------------
Small trails of smoke rose from Dark Fanrico's body. As they set, he could feel it working. He no longer felt like he was being cooked on the inside... cooked by his uncontrollable energies.

He laughed triumphantly, defiant to the stars. Success was his, and his alone. He was finally complete at last! The only thing that was left of his vessel was a scar on his left hand, where he had blocked the fist of his foolish successor.

He whipped around, and walked into the distance. This creature had missed out on a few years... now he was going to catch up.

A little thought ran through his head as he walked...

Stars and Heavens hide... for the darkest walker once again shall stride...

A new dawn soon came....

The End?

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings