Death in the Shadows

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Death in the Shadows

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:42 am

Deep beneath the surface of Igala, in the depths to which the light of the sun never penetrated, three figures made their way towards the stronghold of their enemy. In the light of day, their deep blue skin would have marked them instantly as drow. Here in the eternal night, they were seen only as reddish sources of heat by those with infravision. And those without infravision did not last long in the depths.

Even those with infravision seldom lasted long where the three were going. Oh, some might return, but it was generally as a shambling figure which sought the brains of the living. Korlan was not known for welcoming visitors.

Patches of deeper blackness marred the uniform deep grey of their surroundings. In these areas, heat was sucked out of the surroundings by skeletal guards, clad in rusting armour and bearing equally rusted weapons. None moved to bar the way. If anyone was foolish enough to thus seek an audience with Korlan, they would get one.

If any of the drow were aware of their peril, they gave no sign, approaching a massive door upon which complex patterns of heat crawled. The lead drow placed a hand against the door, altering the patterns with the warmth of his hand. In response to this 'knock', the door swung slowly open. <p>I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
The Evil Overlord List, #102
</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Death in the Shadows

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:37 pm

More. <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings