Finally SS actually sits down and writes something...

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Finally SS actually sits down and writes something...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:27 am

But he ends up writing something that he doesn't even understand. Argh my arguements are designed to just confuse so don't worry if you find they're completely wrong. Anyway this is just a fic to set the background to most of my characters.

Felsannios

Consider…everything. By this I do not mean that you should even attempt to consider all possible things in their infinite diversities and uniqueness, but instead consider everything as a single whole. Not just the universe but all. What could possible bind so much change and possibility, so much life together? What shall we call this precious collective? Call it what you will, I find that reality encompasses it all well enough. But reality cannot be dealt and named so simply. What is real? Who can say what is real? With no better choice it falls to us, to humans, to define reality as we know it. But not only do we define reality but humans base their actions and perspectives on what they see as reality. Reality defines us and we define reality. In order to protect our sanity we create rules and boundaries that reality must obey. Yet the only ones who obey these laws are ourselves, for reality changes all the time. Laws are changed or completely rewritten as we change and find our universe changing around us. The written word controls reality. The written word controls everything. Thus are not my fingers on this keyboard and my pen on paper the most powerful weapons possible? I can create life and I can take it away. This power can create whole new realities, and can destroy not only the reality but the writer if he is not careful. Creativity can break the rules of reality, especially in its more powerful forms. Magic. Belief. Life. Combined these three forces can weave whole new realities. They can also bind them together.

Let us move from the all-encompassing questions (for they give me a headache after a while) and move to a specific reality. This is one of the rare ones, where not only does life exist but so does magic. Life, in this reality, can harness magic, and life in this reality sees deities walk the earth itself, creating a huge amount of belief. This is a powerful reality indeed. Let us concentrate on one planet in particular. Gaera. Let your mind’s eye zoom in even closer to one continent in particular. Igala. Focus further on the country of Kalshana, and its north border in particular. Now see where the forest meets the mountain, where the tree tops prevent light from reaching the forest floor. Welcome to the grove. Welcome to Felsannios. Consider this a privilege for only a few know of the ultimate power concealed amongst the trees. Be careful where you step, and watch out for the natives.

This is not the first grove. The first grove is lost now; the planet it was on was destroyed when its sun exploded millennia ago. Here there was a naturally occurring forest situated on a natural large magic reserve. The magic had been trapped under the earth for centuries, how long ago it got there and how it came to be nobody can tell, for no records exist and who can truly claim to understand magic? But the trees found that they were on a plentiful soil, and so they grew strong, and their roots grew deeper and deeper. Eventually the inevitable happened, and one tree root suddenly found magic surging up its roots. Finally free from the strain of its subterranean entrapment it burst forth, and changed all it touched. The magic sparked among the branches and crackled up and down the trunks, which drank this new nutrient greedily, and changed. The trees had always been conscious, but it was a slow and dormant consciousness. Now their minds threatened to explode with newly found power and they changed. The forest became sentient. It saw what it was and how vulnerable it was to enemies, and it saw the future. The forest knew that its power could be stolen, yet has never divulged how, and it saw multiple futures, each depending on choices that were yet to be made. It saw itself burnt; it saw itself mercilessly cut down and dragged off to become houses; it saw demons tear holes to it from their dimensions and it saw itself being voraciously devoured. It saw these tragedies leading to further tragedies. The demons went on to burn the world of men and other sentient races. It saw the universe in flames.

Yet there was hope. There was a way to protect itself. The forest saw that its immediate problem was movement. It needed those who could move to protect it, and it saw how to do it. By giving carefully selected individuals a small portion of its power the forest could then train them to use the power and defend the forest. The forest quickly sent for promising individuals (although it is still unknown how) and they came. These were the first druids of the grove. They were sent on tasks and defended the forest from all aggressors, and for a while all was good. But then the first predicted its destruction, it saw the powers of evil gathering in the future and it saw its power stolen and used to harm innocents. It saw that this would be soon followed by the destruction of the sun no matter what. But if the powers of evil got to the first’s power then they would be able to travel the dimensions and could wreak havoc on others. The first saw only one way out of this. It summoned its ten guardians and split its power eleven ways. Each guardian received a seed that was an eleventh of the first’s power, and was told to find a fertile land rich in both nutrients and magic to plant it in. The druids were worried for they had been told of what was about to happen, and one asked where they could possibly go to avoid the forces of evil. The first asked the druids whether they trusted it. They did. It then asked whether they had faith in the first. In other words, did they believe in the first? They did. Then the first explained that by bringing together the creation of its seeds, its own magic, and their belief, it could create a portal to not only another place, but another reality. The druids knew what was expected of them and complied with heavy hearts.

Three of them died in the next decade and their fledgling forests were devoured by the demons that pursued them throughout reality. The other seven however nurtured their forests and soon the second generation groves were established. Three of these still exist but this is still many millennia before the present day and in that time whole universes have been created and destroyed. The forests have multiplied throughout reality and who knows, there may be one near you. Some lie dormant, the worlds they exist on has no magic, but others thrive and survive. The druids can sometimes be seen wandering around, occasionally intervening in specific events under the forests’ guidance in order to gently change the course of the future for the greater good. Some consider them too distant to be a true force for good, as the more devout druids will not interfere to save an innocents life unless they have been told to, and often one will appear and kill a total innocent to prevent a future offspring from bringing about devastation. They act only in the long term, uncaring for any who last less than a century. After all even the basest druid is as long lived as a tree. Yet there are those who are driven by morals and feelings, the more active druids. A druid may be from any background, but mainly it is the child of a druid who will be chosen to be the next druid. Those who are inclined to wield the power of nature are often sought out and brought to the grove. Many do not become full druids but rangers, blessed with only a few powers but with a lot more freedom and fewer responsibilities. These are the more militant protectors, and their training concentrates on the martial side, while a druid concentrates on harnessing the power of nature.
<p>

Another crazy conversation between me and Jak
<p>Me: Seriously, it pees when I burn!
<p>Jak:....
<p>Me:....
<p>Jak: Don't you mean-
<p>Me: No, seriously! Here, you set my arm on fire and I'll wet my pants.
</p>

Kadrin77

Re: Finally SS actually sits down and writes something...

Unread postby Kadrin77 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:03 pm

Nice work, man. Strange at times, yes, but I like your style.

MissArsenic

Re: Finally SS actually sits down and writes something...

Unread postby MissArsenic » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:25 pm

Gus wins!

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings