Cause I was told this place needed more FFiction

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Choark

Cause I was told this place needed more FFiction

Unread postby Choark » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:15 am

And here's another thing from me that'll go nowhere at all =D! Tis just me having fun! Enjoy or do not! =D!
-----

The storm blew down heavier and heavier until the tops of the trees were forced to bend under its fierosity, sending branches falling crashing down into the mud below.

One figure strode forward outside in this terrifying weather, bravely striding forward. His frame was large, with well built muscles that gleamed in the rain. His thoughts were not scattered, but pure, calm, sharp, thinking of only one thing...

"OOOH I'M HUNGRY!!!!" Choark shouted in frustration out into the storm. "Stupid rain! Stupid animals hiding when it rains! Stupid day! Stupid stupid stupid!"

He said all these out loud as he continued on his journey. Another stomach rumble though made him fall to the floor over dramtically and the young man pounded the floor in frustration.

"I want FOOD!!"

Why it had nearly been, what, an hour since the poor barbarian had finished eating his last meal but still he had braved on.

"<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Ummm excuse me</span>" The wind whispered to Choark. Looking around he couldn't see anyone through all the mud and rain.

"<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Excuse me?"</span> It whispered again. The hairs on the back of his neck shot up almost as fast as he did, gripping his giant double handed Warhammer as he looked around frantically. There was one thing in this world that he couldn't stand and they always talked without bodies. Ghosts.

Fear gripping him uncontrollabily, he walked round wild eyed, the Warhammer snapping with lighting of off it magical runes. There was a loud splash beside him and he half turned and half swung his Warhammer.

"<span style="font-size:x-large;">EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE</span>" Suddenly cried out and deafened the barbrian as something met him in the face, smacking him on the nose, causing him to loose balance and fall over backwards.

When he opened his eyes he was met with a sight beyond reconing...

"FOOD!" Turning around to the food, the barbarian grabbed at some chunks of meat and other strange looking things that were now laying in the mud with an open bag next to them.

Forgetting about the peril he was in a second ago, Choark scoffed down all the food, filling his mouth to the brim and making quite a mess around his face.

"<span style="font-size:x-small;">Umm... err. You were that.. hungry</span>?"

Choark slowly turned round, while eating to see who had spoken. What he firt saw was a huge wheel laying in the mud. They didn't speak right? Continuing on he saw there was a cart laying it a ditch nearby. Again, they couldn't speak, he was pretty sure about that. Though you could never tell in this strange land.

Then he saw the speaker. Kind of small for a person, but her yellows eyes glowed in the dark and her black fur was soaked down to her bone.

"Who are you?" He asked the small black cat that sat next to the road. She didn't seem to be that talkative, as she didn't answer and just stared at the blue haired barbarian with an unreadable expression.

"I'm Choark! Barbarian ninja and expert mouse catcher!" He then gave the cat a thumbs up to hopefully get the mood between them better. He even smiled his normal gormless grin but still she didn't respond.

"<span style="font-size:x-small;">Her name is Small-cat, Choark, barbarian... ninja</span>?" Came that voice again, this time not from the cat at all. Looking a bit further right, Choark saw a young woman, say two years younger then himself, soaking wet and had two large bags next to her, overflowing with... something. It was hard to tell in this dark weather.

"<span style="font-size:x-small;">Can you... Can you.. help me?"</span>

------

Through the storm a young man ran, carrying a girl on his back and two large bags.

"Woo!" He shouted out, for no reason, as he ran faster and faster and jumped over some boulders. The girl, who was holding onto Choark with one hand, and her cat in the other, smiled as the rain hammered down.

"<span style="font-size:x-small;">Thank you mister! I thought I was going to be caught there all the storm. There was no way I could carry though bags myself, and I dared not leave them</span>."

"Eheheheh, its no problem!" He said as he purposly jumped into a large puddle on he road causing a huge wave of water to be thrown everywhere. Choark found the result very funny it seemed, as he laughed out loud.

"The house is not too much further from here. I know its not too much, but we'll at least give you a meal for your trouble." The girl, who's name was Muriel, wasn't too sure, but she felt like Choarks running speed had suddenly doubled when she said that.

Choark himself suddenly looked very determined and could almost be heard mumblering the word "Food" over and over again.

----------

He had finished the tenth plate when the mother and father of Muriel decided to polietly lie about having no more food in there kitchen, in case it became a reality.

Choark himself was a content and very happy man right now. He had just had one of the best meals he could ever remember having. A Beef Stew that made him drool just remembering it. Chocobo Ommellet, that you could feel run down your throat and leave a trail of tasty juice behind it. Roasted Duck with Rum sauce. It had tasted so good the barbarian actually cried out of happiness.

Looking around, Choark reconised the set up of the place, he had been in enough of them to know the basic layout all of them followed. It was an Pub and an Inn. The bar was there, the kitchen was there, the back room was there and the stairs to the rooms were there.

He put the final bowl on the table and beamed to the family who had just fed him. "Thank you very much" He said, with surprising polietness

Muriel beamed at him and thanked him once again.

"Will you be spending the night here?" Her father asked. Choark thought about it, though not too much, and came to the conculsion that if he stayed the night here, he'd get to have breakfast here as well, and that is a good thing.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Cause I was told this place needed more FFiction

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:51 pm

Well, interesting outset, and I'm sure it could turn into one of those multi-page OMG epic fic things.

But, really, the driving point is Choark, who's working very well in this fic. :D! <p>

Also, gain some additional karma by going here.</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings