ATTN: Random Idiocy Oekaki

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Deeum

ATTN: Random Idiocy Oekaki

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:44 am

Soon my sister, Tempest, will be upgrading the oekaki forum we all know and kind of love like a friend!

Just incase the worst were to happen, please go through the forums and save any pictures you want to keep. Hopfully nothing will be lost in the upgrade. But give it a look just to be safe.

http://randomidiocy.com/oekaki/

The upgrade should bring us some new oekaki features. What is it? We'll have to wait and see! :O <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: ATTN: Random Idiocy Oekaki

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:18 am

I am excited about this because then maybe it will work for me again and I can disgrace the forums with my art.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:19 am

Looking forward to it! I can't wait to see what new stuff we get to play around with. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:22 am

It has been upgraded.

Enjoy the new features and Shi Painter! <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:24 am

YAy!

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:15 am

OMGawd Yaaay! Upgrade!! <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> </div></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:38 pm

Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiii---! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:22 pm

Requesting a brief description of all the different drawing programs contained within!

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:25 pm

It's hard to explain, really.

All I can say is go into each one and mess around to see what you're most comfortable with.

Oekaki BBS will give you infinate layers and is somewhat more user friendly for people new to oekaki. But it has been known to error and flip out on some users. Plus if you accidently back out of the window that Oekaki BBS is loaded in; it's gone forever. It's not good times. :(

Paint BBS will only supply two layers and it's not very user friendly for new people to oekaki. IT's one of those things you need to poke and prod around for a while to get the swing of things. Paint BBS has a more advance selection of tones, and.. stuff.. hell, I think the tones are the only reason some people like it better. For me: I like Paint BBs better for the fact I can do more with it than Oekaki BBS. Coloring my lines, image recovery for those "oops" moments, and more stable layers. Well, yeah, you only get two.. but if you're skilled enough in zee Paint BBS, you can get around it with ease (Whoring the unify layer tool ftw). Plus the fact Oekaki BBS layers tend to goof up when submitting the finished product. And fixing it is sometimes impossible.. It CAN be done if you're lucky enough.

Shi Painter.. I don't know, really. I've never messed with it. I suppose you could ask Cho about that.

Don't take my word for it.. I'm overly biased towards Paint BBS. I'd suggest asking other people about them to get the whole story on it. Or you can, you know, look for yourself! And fuck you for making me type all that out. I had originally planed on just saying "Look yourself" but I got carried away. Ass. :( <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:45 pm

TO PEOPLE WHO CARE OR ANYTHING:

Please feel free to suggest color schemes for the board.

Most of the old ones were lost (I'm sure it's a good thing for some people) and we need to make more so you guys don't need to suffer with the default ones.

If you want to help out, please do! Feel free to make some backgrounds you'd think would help. 100x100 images or lower will work super fine. My only suggestion is to make it easy on the eyes.

:O <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A] at: 6/20/06 20:46

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:33 pm

As for Shii painter and Shii Painter Pro, its a similar set up to Paint, except everything is in menu bars and the bars have to be clicked to be opened. You can make as many layers as you wish, I think, and merge and move them around at will. The Pen tool in Shi is pretty nice as it gives you pretty smoooooth lines with no huge effort on your part, which is somthing Oekaki can't really do and is a pain in the ass to do in Paint.

Umm, they are not a lot of pre defined colours in Shii as far as I can tell, which is something Paint has over it. So sometimes finding hat colour you just made can be a pain (if you didn't have the foresight to save the colour on one of the colour bars for that very purpose).

Erm... yeah. best honestly just to try it out. I'll go find some links tommorow for stuff/info if ya really interested though. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> </div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:24 am

The thing I made most recently was in the SHI PAINTER and it was pretty hip. I'll stick with it.

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous