Penguin and Polar Bear

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Wolfbelly

Penguin and Polar Bear

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue May 30, 2006 11:42 pm

A new cartoon idea by yours truly ...

Image <p><span style="font-size:x-small;"><div style="text-align:center">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't you fight it girl, it's only NAT-U-RAL. Can't disguise what's in your eyes. They say too much. Don't deny that when we touch, it's PHY-SI-CAL. Let it be you and me, don't fight it baby.</div>
</span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Penguin and Polar Bear

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed May 31, 2006 2:01 am

I love all the talk of genetics in the ART forum recently. It tickles my mind.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed May 31, 2006 9:22 am

Image <p><span style="font-size:x-small;"><div style="text-align:center">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't you fight it girl, it's only NAT-U-RAL. Can't disguise what's in your eyes. They say too much. Don't deny that when we touch, it's PHY-SI-CAL. Let it be you and me, don't fight it baby.</div>
</span></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:46 am

</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:49 am

No.

Wolfbelly

Hey

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:12 am

What kind of critique is that?

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Hey

Unread postby Kai » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:24 am

The idea seems to be that jokes like that are offensive without being funny or original or interesting.

Unfortunately, this also applies to this comic and just about every other grab for attention you make. Yeah, I get the point. It's lame on purpose. You did that consciously. But at some point I want actual humor. At some point we'll have to like things for being good on purpose. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/1/06 1:26

Dr Ninja PhD

Unread postby Dr Ninja PhD » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:46 am

Personally, I found them hilarious.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:51 am

What? The dialogue? It's totally a sight gag. Don't you guys notice the whole difference in art style? And come on! HUGE improvement in art style, and still no comments! What kinda forum is this? Fanart and hassleaneous? <p><span style="font-size:x-small;"><div style="text-align:center">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
</span></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:06 am

Personally, I think that Lloyd is still expanding his tendrils into the medium of webcomic, and thus the improvements will keep on coming. The humour seems to be such that it goes so far across the spectrum that it wraps around again, leaving one to wonder if it's being ironic, or not.

Furthermore, I await the cafepress.com frolic-pads.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:46 am

I think Zero has a pretty good assessment of the humor contained in these comics.

Personally, I coudln't find it in the third one, but I did enjoy the first two on some level. I think the top hat and the braces helped. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:18 pm

I, personally, have grand plans to steal the first comic and post it elsewhere on the internets. <p>

You must obey the dance commander, giving out the order for fun!</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:38 pm

I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh at the first two. Third was of some amusement, too, but #1 takes the cake.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:38 pm

Don't worry, Polarguin! I still love you. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A] at: 6/1/06 20:42

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:19 pm

Coup de grace!

Loyd, you should really know better. *shakes finger* -DM <p><span style="font-size:x-small;"><div style="text-align:center">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A] at: 6/2/06 1:39

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:00 am

I put forth that Lloyd recompile all of these, and more, into the UNSPOKEN FORUM, where all of his wildest dreams come true.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:13 am

Yeah, all of them except for people posting.
</span></p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:09 pm

... OK, fine. I'll put it bluntly. These are simply stupid, rather offensive, and EASILY unfunny. Please, stop. Just please stop.

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:50 pm

;_; <p><span style="font-size:x-small;"><div style="text-align:center">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
</span></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:59 pm

Oh shit, now Penguin and Polar Bear is going to take a turn for the emo. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 6/2/06 23:01

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:51 pm

Great. Now we're going to have Goth Penguin and Emo Polar Bear. Good going. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:47 pm

</span></p>

Steve

Well

Unread postby Steve » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:13 am

These comics are obviously too highbrow for this audience.

Perhaps, (if you feel like throwing the masses a proverbial bone that is,) you should paste in some images of characters from that "Final Fantasy" video game. I hear that is quite popular with the commoners these days.

Be sure to use the "16-bit" "Pixiel" art, however. These sorts of people have been known to show negitive backlash against those who do not respect the "Oldschool", as it where.

NamagomiMk0

Re: Well

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:22 am

In actuality...

...Guilty Gear would be better. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Steve

My word.

Unread postby Steve » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:52 am

Excuse me? Sir? Did you take a 7 year correspondence course in making up shit to sound like an art critic? What's that? You didn't? Well then I think you should just sit down and let the adults talk.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: My word.

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:42 am

Why, the postage stamps used for the celebrated correspondence course alone are more worthy of being turned into comics (comification is the word those in the business use.) than whatever milquetoast videogame art one could drudge up. Polar Bear and Penquin's art implies many levels of emotion stemming from the desolation of the scenery alone.

Of course, the art is not the focus, but rather the subject matter, which I must say, gives it quite the feel of a social experiment. Would one have to restrain one's tongue when you are alone in the frozen wastes at the edge of the world, confiding to your friend? I put forth that in the matter of passing judgment upon Lloyd's comic, checking oneself is the only way to prevent a tragic episode of wrecking oneself.

Besides, Namallama, Guilty Gear, like all electronic entertainments, are a passing fad and will soon be a thing of the past.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:49 am

In actuality, I was responding to Steve's suggestion of using Final Fantasy sprites.

I understand the general idea of what he's trying to do, anyway--be so blatantly offensive, budget-quality, and fucked-up that it's actually funny. Decent idea, as a number of popular shows today already do just that, and have enjoyed mild success.

However, something seems to have been lost in the execution somewhere. I just don't find what's funny. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:40 am

lolz u said faggot

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:06 pm

Don't let those kneejerks get you down. I like it. Make more. <p>

<div style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:xx-small;">Curtis: Dannyboy, look at you. You've changed considerably, into a badass, if I may.
Dan: Yeah, you've changed a lot too, into an old man! I went to see the devil, now it's your turn!
Curtis: Oh, my pupil, so tenacious of life, guess I have to kill you again.
Dan: Shut up, before you run out of breath!
Curtis: I got rid of those smiles, there's no one left to disturb our game. Just you, and me.
Dan: Sounds fair, 'cuz I hate holding back, even for an old fart like yourself.
Curtis: Talk all you want, I won't need six bullets for you.
Dan: Or four for you.</span>
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=crawlingreshiki>Crawling] at: 6/6/06 13:06

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:50 pm

In actuality, I was responding to Steve's suggestion of using Final Fantasy sprites.

I understand the general idea of what he's trying to do, anyway--be so blatantly offensive, budget-quality, and fucked-up that it's actually funny. Decent idea, as a number of popular shows today already do just that, and have enjoyed mild success.

However, something seems to have been lost in the execution somewhere. I just don't find what's funny.

Well thank God someone here is bright enough to notice it. I figured my point was lost when the alleged "college student" academic completely missed the blatant point. <p><span style="font-size:x-small;"><div style="text-align:center">~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
</span></p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:56 am

I can't see any comment I say making any difference, but this is turning into the "Redneck" joke by Jeff Foxworthy.

Funny the first couple times, but by now driven so into the ground it's just not funny anymore, and getting more and more annoying if anything.

And having said I'm annoyed, I'm sure that means 50 more of these will be made. =[

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:53 am

needs more <s>cowbell</s> <s>Sephiroth</s> <s>paragon</s> <s>explosions</s> <s>4chan</s> oral sex, d00d

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous