Start of a new RPGWW comic?

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Start of a new RPGWW comic?

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:58 pm

So, yeah. I'll get to actual plot soon. :{

And yes, the backgrounds were made using RM2K. It's quite handy that way. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image </div></p>

SALSAlys

Re: Start of a new RPGWW comic?

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:59 pm

I RECOGNIZE A BERET WEARER!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:05 pm

Oh my!

I support this new endeavour! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:33 pm

Sage, I don't know how, but you knew of the Red Bards that've been mentioned in a few of my RPs :U Hi-five!

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Episode 2, only a little bit after episode 1!

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:07 pm

Image <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image </div></p>

Groxley Grunk

Re: Episode 2, only a little bit after episode 1!

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm

I feel like being critical. Please note that I only do this because I love you.

But more importanly, I love the artform of comiciry. And sounding like a self important douchebag makes me feel better about myself.

The backgrounds are too busy. If a frame is really only concerened with one thing in it, too many other things are distracting and make it harder to understand. Zooming in on important characters and things will help deal with this problem, and doing so is easier then you might think. I'd tell you how, but I haven't delt with any sort of graphics editing softwear of any sort for the past two years. Therefore, the finer secrects of properly crafting a sprited comic have been lost to me.

If you are concered with a loss of quality and/or resolution when you zoom in on a sprite like that, keep in mind that the simpler you keep it, the better it will look when it's closer to you.

Secondly, the text is stupidly hard to read. Adding a background to it will help a great deal. Doing so will also block out the backgrounds a bit and help with that focusing in on the imporant bits of the frame thing I mentioned.

It's also hard to identify your sound effect in the fourth pannel as such. Making the text thicker and more 'blocky' as it were would help with this a fuckton. Offsetting it a touch would help too. You should also drop the astricks. Flagging a sound effect as you would in a chatroom looks awkward and amaturish.

When you think of onomatopoeia, think of the old 60's Batman show. BANG! POW! A sharp sudden sound should jump at the reader much like the sound it self would. Starting with a smaller font on the "s" and gradually increasing the size would be a good example of this.

Anyhow, that's about it for now. Hope to see more of this, as I don't have a hell of a lot to do right now.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Episode 2, only a little bit after episode 1!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:34 pm

Rube said essentially what I told you via IM, Sage, so get to work on it, chump! And ask me for help if you want.

pd Rydia

somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:03 am

Image <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 2/15/06 2:04

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:52 pm

As you can see, highlighted in this example, the busy background and lack of text boxes only serves to distract and confuse.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:58 am

It's all so clear now. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:36 pm

this is realy neat hay where did you find all the cool sprite stuff did you make them. Very neat <p>

Just one thing, don't make me go Chibi on your ass.</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:47 am

He took them from an edition of RPGMaker I think.

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous