Just another little thing from Kai.

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Just another little thing from Kai.

Unread postby Kai » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Some of you know her. Most of you don't. S'all good. I just wanted to put this up here for the sake of procedure.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27517722/
<p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kai@rpgww60462>Kai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/10/06 18:14

Choark

Making an effort to reply

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:25 pm

I like it. I think you got a good sense of proportions and the pose is done simple and pleasing. I like the background too though I think a lighter colour like.. yellow? Blue? Or light green? might of suited the pose and mood of the character more.

Tis a nice, down to earth drawing.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Making an effort to reply

Unread postby Kai » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:43 pm

The background actually is an allusion to the plot I'm running right now.

Long story short, this girl is the leader of a cult of pyrokinetic children. Hence the fire. Their eventual purpose is the resurrection of a very bad necromancer. Hence the picture she's holding.

I'm glad you liked it, though. I did want to make some effort at drawing a fantasy character doing something realistic and normal. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Choark

Re: Making an effort to reply

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:51 pm

Ah well, shut my mouth then!

Maybe the background should effect the shading of the character then? Like parts (the ones closest to the fire) lit up by the flames and darker shading for the parts further away from the fire? Just so it looks a part of the drawing instead of being a kinda mood background?

Didn't stop it from being a nice drawing though! Good stuff!

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous