The Mark of Reshtaha

For artistic creations in non-text format.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

The Mark of Reshtaha

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:52 pm

Well, this is the symbolic mark of Reshtaha, as asked for by The Lith. The only thing I'm wondering about is how to colour it other than the red outline. I was originally thinking purple exterior, black interior, but I was thinking that was too close to the Doman flag, and would slightly look like ol Dreadhead influenced them, which just ain't true. Any suggestions? <p>--------------------
Remember, even God has a sense of humour. Just look at the platypus.

-Kevin Smith</p>

Archmage144

Re: The Mark of Reshtaha

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:03 pm

I don't really think it needs an "exterior." A deity's symbol doesn't have to be like a flag, with a background or whatever. Think of the Christian cross, or the red crescent used by Islam.

I'd just go with the red scythe outline--it'd be the kind of thing that a priest could have embroidered on his robes or carved into an altar. If you don't think the scythe outline is elaborate enough, or that it needs to be more stylized, think of a way to do that. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:12 pm

... you actually make me want to go with a simpler design.

The cross, you see, started out REAL damn simple, and got elaborate afterwards when people started putting on corpses and Celtic knots. So perhaps I should take out all those squiggles. <p>--------------------

-Kevin Smith</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:17 am

Well, others can modify it. Say, if a priest had red skin (random curse!) they couldn't very well tattoo it in red ink, right? And if they wanted to stylize it, then why not? People do such with the cross, as you note, people do it with writing/fonts. I think that works fine for a basic whatsamajigger, really. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:56 am

Thank you for putting that up! ^_^ <p>-------------------------
TheGreatNevareh (Virgil): I'm safe, don't worry. His hot pants are what got me interested in this whole scenario.</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:12 am

That's pretty cool Cha.

...cept you forgot the chibi-nekojin yelling "Wai" =[

*tsk tsk*

**Edit for actual helpfulness!**

I could see different sects of Reshtahan faith having different symbols, based on this 'core' symbol. IE: One could have a skull in the middle of the scythe blade, while another has the scythe surrounded by a circle of bones, etc.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=fffanatic80>FF]&nbsp; Image at: 8/18/05 10:14

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:28 pm

I'd remove the little serrated parts on the scythe unless they have religious significance. If they're just there, remember that edges are harder to embroider/mold/create than smooth lines. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:56 pm

Eh. Not that much harder. Besides.

Look at the damned symbol of Ishtar. If that isn't the most busy and difficult to embroider symbol ever...In fact, that's probably why no one really uses that symbol. I actually use a different one. -_-'

The jagged parts aren't so bad, I think. I'd keep them and then if individual artists choose to render them or not, let them do whatever. <p>-------------------------
TheGreatNevareh (Virgil): I'm safe, don't worry. His hot pants are what got me interested in this whole scenario.</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:29 pm

The jags were added for flava. Pizzazz, if you will. I will keep them, but if you don't like them, they're optional. <p>--------------------

-Kevin Smith</p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous