I am in debt!

For artistic creations in non-text format.
RebelKitsune

I am in debt!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:09 pm

Because of their generosity towards contributing to my epic 5 day quest to hunt for the ever elusive roms of all 5 (technically 6) Metal Slug games, and allowing me to end my trials and tribulations, I now owe Brain Walker, Zemyla and Glu Glu 1 coloured drawing each.

Take your pick, guys. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
It might have powers." ~ Kylitos</span>
</div></p>

ikozaedro

Re: I am in debt!

Unread postby ikozaedro » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:29 pm

....well i didn't want to be the first one to ask, but it seem like nobody else noticed your thread.

as for the pic, well, just pick any of my original characters on my DA gallery (convinient link!), anything will be ok.
thanks in advance! and as usual when it is done i'll do something for you (since, you know, you didn't get the rom from me). <p><div style="text-align:center"> <span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:large;">LAMBO SWIMS LIKE A BRICK!!</span>
my deviant art thingy!
quote:
"-Corrr! a giant ice key!
-I know where i could like to stick that one"
Banjo and Kazooie </div>
</p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:23 pm

Well, finally! jebus, that took you long enough :P But thanks gluglu. I'll see what I can do :3 <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
<span style="color:navy;font-family:century gothic;font-size:large;">LOSER!!!1!!1!WTFLOL!1</span>
<span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">"Griff. It is a duck. Do not punch it.
No kicking, either.
</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:37 pm

I suggest the sweet tyranness in training, Marina. :0 <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:27 am

I'm not so fond of evil mistresses :( but i'll see if i can work her into the picture somehow. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image
No kicking, either.
</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:30 pm

Dizamn, I forgot to get to this before I left for Easterosity. Jean needs to IM me at some point. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:51 pm

He probably should IM me as well, so as I can give a better description. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:10 am

Taken from an IM conversation, becaused apparently Jean has forgotten how to log an AIM conversation! Or maybe just for handydandy reference. Who knows?

<span style="color:red; font-weight:bold;">Brainwalker:</span> Sadly, BW is much better at spriting than he is at drawing, which makes no sense 'cause spriting is fucking hard 'cause you're sort of confined to mishmashing things that already exist together instead of enjoying the freedom of concept, but that's a long story. So here's sort of a character concept I've been working on forever... she's a half-elf, but the other half is supposed to be nekojin rather than human, but I am fantastically lazy and haven't gotten around to adding feline accents to that sprite [not pictured] yet, nor will I probably ever get around to that for the same reason.
<span style="color:red; font-weight:bold;">BrainWalker:</span> She's an engineer!
<span style="color:blue; font-weight:bold;">ChocolateKitsune:</span> :o
<span style="color:red; font-weight:bold;">BrainWalker:</span> I was trying to draw her sitting indian-style (there has got to be a better term for that) in her PJs (socks, undies, simple longsleeve button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up), pouring over some random schematic with a screwdriver in her mouth, a mechanical pencil in her hand, and random bits of mechanical things strewn about somewhat haphazardly
<span style="color:red; font-weight:bold;">BrainWalker:</span> I didn't exactly get very far, which bugs me 'cause the concept was cool. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:32 pm

Also taken from Jean's IM to me!

<FONT COLOR="#0000ff" LANG="0">ChocolateKitsune</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" BACK="#ffffff">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>hi </FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=2>:-(</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=3>ChocolateKitsune:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>sorry about that</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#ff0000" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=3>WTF Zemyla
:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">Hey Jean.</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#0000ff">ChocolateKitsune
:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>i turned off my second monitor. sorry </FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=2>:-(</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=3>ChocolateKitsune:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>is this about the art i promised you?</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#ff0000" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=3>WTF Zemyla
:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">Yeah.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>righto then</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=3>ChocolateKitsune
:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>go on :D</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">I'm realizing that nowhere in any place did I put descriptions of the people I want drawn.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>indeed.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">So... the two people I want drawn are my characters from the Adv! board.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>right</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">First off, Vera Betten is tall and muscular, but not in the "OMG FEMALE WEIGHT LIFTER" kind of way.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>kind of like camy or chun li?</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">Kind of.</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#ff0000">WTF Zemyla
:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">She is tan, with black hair and brown eyes. An odd thing is that her skin has a slight purplish tinge to it.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">(The reason is that she isn't really human, but only close. Her blood is purple instead of red.)</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>ok</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">She wears chain mail that's a shiny dark gray (like hematite) and carries a sword of the same metal.
However, she does not wear a helmet.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>heh. i sense quite a job ahead of me.</FONT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=3>ChocolateKitsune
:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>Zem, do me a huge favour and post the descriptions on the threat on the board, could you?</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>*thread</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">Better yet, I'll post the log on the thread.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">Now, as for the second character...</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>go on then</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">Garbovir Wael is short and slight, like someone who doesn't do a lot of heavy lifting.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">His hair is a very light silvery-blond, and he has blue eyes. He is pale, and also has a violet tinge to his
skin.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>mhm</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">He wears a loose-fitting light blue shirt and grey pants, and carries a metallic rod about 3 feet long.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">As for decorations, you can add what you want.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#800080">And in battle, Vera will most likely be covering Garbovir so that he can cast spells at the enemy
unhindered.</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>okay</FONT>

:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8080ff" FACE="Trebuchet MS" SIZE=2>if that's all go ahead and post it to the thread. i'll just snatch it off there when the time comes</FONT> <p>-----

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Dan

o.o

Unread postby Dan » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:50 pm

I want the bard girl for glu_glu's!

JasonAB17

Re: o.o

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:13 pm

Hematite? o_O She has a rock-salt pendant?

Must be useful when restuarants don't have any at your table.

Edit: Bah, Halite. Relatively close when they're jamming the terms down your throat at nine in the morning on a saturday. :{ <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jasonab17>JasonAB17</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/7/05 10:06

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:22 am

Bes fails at geology. And life. <p>-----

But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:56 pm

I have hematite readily available on my desk. I draw grooviness from them when the Sinistar glows its deepest yellow in the midnight sky. Also, they're pretty lookin'.

RebelKitsune

ah.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:13 am

The best of both worlds.

JasonAB17

Re: ah.

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:54 pm

Update! Saw some Hematite today. Piece about the size of my skull. It was pretty, and essentially black. o.o I would've thought it was obsidian, if they hadn't marked it. Yay for the Smithsonian. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jasonab17>JasonAB17</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/9/05 16:54

pd Rydia

Re: ah.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:10 pm

Bes's comment interests me, because last time I saw unpolished hematite, it was dull black and red! :0

TO THE GOOGLEMOBILE! *skree!*

[--insert the sound of time passing here--]

Ah so! The appearance of hematite varies widely.

From http://mineral.galleries.com/minerals/oxides/hematite/hematite.htm:<ul>THE MINERAL HEMATITE (Fe2O3, Iron Oxide)

Hematite has several varieties, each with their own unique names.

<ul><li>Hematite Rose is a circular arrangment of bladed crystals giving the appearance of the flower of a rose</li><li>Tiger Iron is a sedimentary deposit of approximately 2.2 billion years old that consists of alternating layers of silver gray hematite and red jasper, chert or even tiger eye quartz.</li><li>Kidney Ore is the massive botryoidal form and gives the appearance of lumpy kidney-like masses.</li><li>Oolitic Hematite is a sedimentary formation that has a reddish brown color and an earthy luster and is composed of small rounded grains.</li><li>Specularite is a micaceous or flaky stone that is sparkling silver gray and sometimes used as an ornamental stone.</li></ul>
Hematite is an important ore of iron and it's blood red color (in the powdered form) lends itself well in use as a pigment. Hematite gets its name from a greek word meaning blood-like because of the color of its powder. Ancient superstition held that large deposits of hematite formed from battles that were fought and the subsequent blood that flowed into the ground. Crystals of Hematite are considered rare and are sought after by collectors as are fine Kidney Ore specimens.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:

<ul><li>Color is steel or silver gray to black in some forms and red to brown in earthy forms. Sometimes tarnished with irredescent colors when in a hydrated form (called Turgite).</li><li>Luster is metallic or dull in earthy and oolitic forms.</li><li>Transparency: Crystals are opaque.</li><li>Crystal System is trigonal; bar 3 2/m</li><li>Crystal Habits include tabular crystals of varying thickness sometimes twinned, micaceous (specular), botryoidal and massive. also earthy or oolitic.</li><li>Cleavage is absent however there is a parting on two planes.</li><li>Fracture is uneven.</li><li>Hardness is 5 - 6</li><li>Specific Gravity is 5.3 (slightly above average for metallic minerals)</li><li>Streak is blood red to brownish red for earthy forms.</li><li>Associated Minerals include jasper (a variety of quartz) in banded iron formations (BIF or Tiger Iron), dipyramidal quartz, rutile, and pyrite among others.</li><li>Notable Occurrences especially nice specimens come from England, Mexico, Brazil, Australia and the Lake Superior region.</li><li>Best Field Indicators are crystal habit, streak and hardness.</li></ul></ul> <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous