Yes, I know this has been tried before...

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Divinegon2130

Yes, I know this has been tried before...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:39 pm

Okay.

As a few of you already know, I've been working on an RPG with the help of RPG Maker 2000. However, unlike other projects I may have advertised here, I am obligated by another board to finish this one, so you can bet there's going to actually be a final product.

The basic premise is this: a demon, abducted from the underworld, winds up in direct service to the government. While working as one of their soldiers (it's actually much closer to mercenary work), the demon has to do several missions for them. A few of these get him involved in a twisted scheme, the details of which I'm not going to reveal here for fear of spoiling the plot.

I'll be posting questions here regarding the creation of the game, such as what music should I use in a certain section. I'm doing this here because the other board has not helped me much with this. However, my first question is, what people would actually play this game once it's done? <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"><br /><br />=="....and I must have missed a step or two - or five." - Fuzzfas, Trynnie Alchemist (from Wizardry 8)<br />=="Great work, Prof! Now find me something to punch." Reese, from the comic 'Dinosaurs for Hire'<br />
View my online journal here.<br />Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here.<br /> And I've been having image trouble, so those are out for a while. </span></p>

Zemyla

Re: Yes, I know this has been tried before...

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:37 pm

Sorry, I wouldn't for all the money in the world.

...why are you looking at me like that?

Fine, I'll play the blasted thing! Just stop looking at me! <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:36 pm

I will, once we do some computer shuffling around here.

I actually had to delete RPGMaker2K again, to open up some drive space.

Damn 16 gig drives. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:07 pm

Okay.

The first question I'm going to pose regards the 'generic' boss music. I've been stuck between two different ones I've looked at - the boss theme from Fester's Quest, and the boss theme from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Between those two, which should I pick?

Jason: In regards to problems we had with the first copy I ever gave you, I figured out what it was. I was using an expanded RTP set, and I'm going to speculate you were using the standard one. To that effect I'm working on a better (read: smaller) standalone version than the second copy I'd sent. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;"><br /><br />=="....and I must have missed a step or two - or five." - Fuzzfas, Trynnie Alchemist (from Wizardry 8)<br />=="Great work, Prof! Now find me something to punch." Reese, from the comic 'Dinosaurs for Hire'<br />
View my online journal here.<br />Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here.<br /> And I've been having image trouble, so those are out for a while. </span></p>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:31 am

I might but to be honest I don't much care for mission games. <p>

Just one thing, don't make me go Chibi on your ass.</p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous