Nothing much.

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Will Rennar

Nothing much.

Unread postby Will Rennar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:05 am

I've talked about her off and on in the chat before, but here's a rough sketch of a Gaeran character in progress. Please note that the look, and description at the bottom, may still change some time in the future.

Ruby Blue <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Nothing much.

Unread postby Kai » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:19 am

The hair looks really good. <p>-------------------------
Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."
--Rose:The Golden Girls</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unwanted Art Criticism!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:38 pm

Good body and use of line to indicate folds. I like the outfit, and you have a good insight as to what some wind would do to her outfit were it blowing- neither overdoing it so she looks like she's in a hurricane or underdoing it so she looks like her dress is made funny. The proportions are good, as well, and each line as a purpose- very elegant.

The biggest thing I have to say is that her face (not necessarily her head) is out of proportion to her body. I'd raise the eye, nose, and mouth level a bit to adjust for her otherwise massive forehead.

The sword bothers me slightly for a reason I can't name.

Some chiaroscuro (use of light/dark) would add some more depth to this picture, giving some shadow and making the character seem less shallow. From the picture she seems somewhat... flat, as though she is of no consequence.

Finally, as a taste issue:
Pink wings? Growing out of her back? Couldn't she just wear them or something? <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous