Design A Monster!

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Choark

Design A Monster!

Unread postby Choark » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:02 pm

I was going to do a pointless intro but nah, it was pointless so I'll jump ahead.

I've been drawing weird monsters as of late to make me feel better (as I'm feeling sickly and woozy in the head 'n all). Most of them are no where near complete and normally just a weird face or suchlike but I finally finished two of them so I thought I'd share. Then I thought maybe some of you others would like to try and design monsters to but just didn't relise you would! So I'm asking ya to Design and Share Monsters of your own design!

Great drawing skills are not required, just a whole load of wacky imagination and maybe being too dizzy to stand. If ya not artistic maybe your could just post ya ideas to give the artists of this board a buzz 'n idea. Either way! Heck, sprite monsters will be excepted too, only just recoloured ones will be mocked and boo'ed. Well maybe not boo'ed but not go down well at least.

Anywho! Thats my idea (we'll beat this forum back into movement again one day!) If ya need space give me a buzz (email probably as I haven't bothered anyone on AIM for a while) and I'm sure I can sort something out.

<center>Image
<span style="font-size:medium;">Frank's Lawer</span>
High Strength and a deep knowledge of the worlds law system. Fear is his ally.
I'm ill, give me a break!

<span style="font-size:medium;">Mage Tree</span>
He has a mages hat ya know? See his wand? It has a magic hat on it to show you it's a magic wand. Clever eh?</center>

In my ill state I have a fair few more idea's and so I'll be giving them a try and posting 'em in here! Go on...

Give it a Go!

Even use DM's Sketch Board to draw with if you have no scanner. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>

Deeum

Re: Design A Monster!

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:36 pm

I may have to get in on this. :D <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Choark

Design A Monster!

Unread postby Choark » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:37 pm

I like this one: Even if it is a little sick.

<center>Image
<span style="font-size:medium;">Cats In A Bag</span>
What was once a tragic tale of cruelity becomes something much more darker. Luring Children and Kindhearted souls with there purring or wails for help, this evil spirit kills any Human it can sink its claws and teeth into.
It has no sence of purpose in its movements, as hundreds of tainted cat souls lash out in every direction. Will these poor animals ever know rest?</center>

Inspired by a thread in the Discussion Forum and my own sick twisted mind. Too bad I can't animate it as well cause I can just picture it and its freaking cool!

This post in no way condomns cruelity to animals, espically kittens. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:28 am

OOOOO I want to do this <p>

Just one thing, don't make me go Chibi on your ass.</p>

Choark

Design A Monster!

Unread postby Choark » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:31 pm

Well it seems I've got another one for you as well. Though I have no idea what to call it so I'll make something up as I type it.

<center>Image
<span style="font-size:medium;">Spot Lip</span>
He's big, dumb, and likes flies.
His tounge is poisioness so watch out for that drool and the overly friendly licking.</center>

This was born from the idea of "Big Lips" - everything from there was made up. <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Something cute plots your death </div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/7/05 18:32

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:20 pm

aww <p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:58 pm

Do we have to give them a name and a discription?
Just wondering! <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:58 am

Not if you don't want to. I just did because I wanted to. You're free to do whatever you want *nod nod* <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:42 pm

WELLTHEN

<center>
Plump Plant Lady!
</center>

:[ <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:00 pm

WOW DM <p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:28 pm

Totally forgot about those.

<center>
Cave Dwelling Chocolate Wyvern Rabbits!
</center>

ALSO:

<center>
Nightmares
</center>

Edit:
and something i've had drawn for a while now..

http://fantasydragon.net/scv/bs/dead.jpg
Too large to post and too lazy to resize. :P <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>Edited by: DragonMistressSCV at: 1/9/05 14:33

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:53 pm

Someone should link Sarah's Chocolate wyverns. >.> <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Jeridan the Red Nosed Garoujin, had a very shiny nose!<br />And if you ever saw it, you'd even say it glowed.<br />All of the other Garou, laughed and called him names!<br />And then poor Jeridan, lost his temper and blasted their brains!</div></p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:26 pm

I've been sitting on this one for quite awhile, actually.

Image <p>---
My head moves around inside the bag, it's not like I'm drinking through my actual eye socket.</p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:49 pm

My idea for a monster isn't all that distinctive visually, but...

They are called "Lost Ones", and they are the undead spirits of children who have died of neglect. They tend to congregate in large numbers, and they seek to kill adults like the ones that let them die. One of them lures their prey with soft cries of "Help me!", "Save me", and "Somebody help". Once the victims are lured into the trap, they attack, with all of them still crying out "Help me!", something that most people find scary and disturbing. They seek to drain away the victim's vital spirit with their empty touches; most survivors feel like they've been sitting for days in a dark room without food after the attacks. They will not harm children, and there have been instances of a Lost One helping children escape from locked rooms, cave-ins, etc.

So, tell me what you think! <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:50 pm

Sounds interesting. How about...

THE POSSESSED

People who fall into this category are essentially walking corpses that have been possessed by spirits of beings that aren't quite used to the whole "corporeal existence" thing. They try to fit in, they really do, but they rarely get the hang of having to walk to move around, having to move their mouths and muscles to speak, and making their heart beat so they don't fall apart. They never, ever possess old corpses, and sometimes they possess suicidal people who are in the process of killing themselves- the ones who do this are considered lucky in their communities because they get to scope out how the body works before they have to get it to work themselves.

Some members of the possessed are quite talented at having a body, and thus trick a lot of people into thinking that they're actual, living beings. Still, most look like zombies and act like cartoon characters. Completely harmless, however.

LA ROQUE
These are strange beings that don't quite fit the description of Earth Elementals and also evade the whole "physical being" concept. Quite technically, they are spirits whose existences are anchored in rocks. La Roque believe that they ARE rocks that have transcended their normal boundaries into a new world of knowledge and mobility, while leaving their earthly bodies behind. La Roque communicate with a universal telepathy and have no physical appearance away from their bodies. The stones that La Roque are bound to are usually completely mundane and normal in every way except for the fact that there is a spirit that claims that the stone is its body.

La Roque are extremely talented philosophers, mathematicians, and theologians, frequently all of them at the same time. They have also been known to take to hypnotism, mentalism, poetry, literature, and any other number of extremely thought-relative and etherial fields that have little application outside of mental classification and categorization. These spirits rarely venture far from their "bodies," however, so if someone really sought to find one and discuss the meaning of life with one of these timeless scholars, they would have to do some serious looking.

La Roque logical and beneficient, seeking to bring their enlightenment to others and understanding when someone is not ready. Though, unless you bear a very open mind, they do not make much sense. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:50 pm

<center>Image
<font size="+1">Octo-puss</font>

<table><tr><td><font size="-1">  The bizarre creation of a curious port-town wizard with too much free time on his hands. In his attempts to relieve his pet cat from it's fear of water, he decided that the best course of action would be to give it some of the natural instincts of an aquatic creature. Several sleepless nights and one miscalculation later, nearly the entire town's feline population found themselves transformed into these odd, yet fascinating creatures. Since that time, some have migrated and proliferated elsewhere, but mostly they remain an exclusive tourist attraction for the town of their birth.

Of note: although they aren't afraid of water, despite their octopoid nature, octo-puss generally prefer to remain on dry land for some reason. Adolecent human boys are known to refer to them by the name "octopussy," for assuredly juvenile reasons. A proper scientific name has yet to be designated.</font></td></tr></table></center> <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous