Another one

For artistic creations in non-text format.
bunnygirle78

Another one

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:57 am

Yeah Yeah I draw her to much but I really liked how this one turned out so I thought I post it here. Its a pic of my avatar. . .what can I say I think shes fun to draw.

. Bunny . <p>

Just one thing, don't make me go Chibi on your ass.</p>

The Great Nevareh

Re: Another one

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:29 pm

Hmm.... interesting. I once again like the departure from your usual big eyes.

One problem I have with the picture is that the neck seems to flow into the face- it doesn't look like she has a chin.

She looks... sad. Or in pain.

Nice background selection.

You have expertise with coloration, but have you ever considered doing light/shadow effects to add more of an illusion of depth to your images? Your perspective is spot-on, but the lack of bodily shadows makes everything seem flat.

If you decide to take my advice, try working by hand with only black, white, and gray so you can't get tonal effects. Charcoal is a very effective material to use for this, though regular graphite pencil will work just fine, as well.

You have serious skill, much more than I do, but I think you're probably capable of adding new dimensions to your images that you haven't (to my knowledge) tried before. Just a suggestion. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

bunnygirle78

Re: Another one

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:30 pm

Yeah I am still working on using shadow in the pics. I keep trying to play with the light effects. I have been using the gradient feature, and it gives a nice dark effect but that darn light effect still remains so elusive. I think that it will take a while to get it down.

I had a tuff time with the head. I was trying to make it look as if she was looking up, I can see what you mean.

Actually when I do charcole effects I have no problem with adding proper shading. I have a tuff time with cging pics because its new. I am still trying to get used to the program but thankfuly I have found a few tutrials that have helped me out a bit.

Thanks for your advice I will be sure to take it I love good feedback like this he he he. Thanks again and have a happy holiday. <p>

Just one thing, don't make me go Chibi on your ass.</p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous