Remember This?: More game stuff

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Remember This?: More game stuff

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:03 am

Yeah it's coming along slowly. Slowly but surely. I got off my ass and made some more stuff recently. It's a slow process. Specially since it's basically a one-man project... even with Redeye Dragon's occasional help.

-Miang Concept-
Basically to see if a Miang sprite is even possible. The current version is in the lower right corner. This a result of my paranoia and worry of fuckin' up with current sprites... so I keep back-up versions.

Still not even done by the way. Gotta add her furry claw hands, as well as her reptillian feet and her tail.

-Nakibe, God of Chaos-

An idea I'm kicking around is to wether or not include some of the Gaeran gods in this game. Maybe to bestow some kind of power on those who pass a test of some kind. Again it's an idea i'm kicking around.

-Amana-

Everyone's favorite drow in CT sprite form. To be a possible boss somewhere in the game, along with Rico, Kage, Arnast, Merr, and possibly Astrynax. Now wether or not the dreaded Spoon will be included in her move list... is yet to be decided.

-Overworld Map Dia-

Since my request for help on these overworld map sprites went unanswered... I have to do such things on my own as well. I mixed FF4 Adult Rydia sprites with the FF1 re-release White Mage sprites... of course edited to the max. One with hands showing, without hands showing and one with wings.

-Choark-

I forget if I've already shown this or not. But here he is, everyone's favorite barbarian clutz.

-Image AND the Warhammer toting varient. I plan to eventually edit that warhammer to look more character appropriate.

-Jinx-
The infamous jester/vampire chick in the sprited flesh. Another that I'm not sure if I've shown already or not.

-Jade Dragon Signs-

An attempt, by me of course (that one-man team thing again), to try and make some building signs for some of the more popular attractions in Doma. I don't know which to use so far, so it's gonna probably be up to the creators of the JD.

-Doma Castle Level-

What I have so far of my proposed (to myself of course, no help whatsoever) idea for what the Doma Castle level may look like... so far. May add in debris and signs of struggle and battle sometime down the road as well.

-"The Destiny Tree"-

What is this you ask? An idea for a possible Character Select Screen Alternative. You know... like in the first PSX SaGa Frontier game. Where all the selectable main characters are shown in this little neat looking backdrop. Well at least it inspired this idea.

well there you have it so far... there's of course much more to show for... but that's for another post for another day. Hope you like what you see and goodnight.

---Ash <p>"Uh-Huh... hate to break this to you... but gratuitus panty shots aren't considered a weapon!" --Deadpool to Sailor Moon, "Deadpool vs. Sailor Moon"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ashfanrico>Ash]&nbsp; Image at: 10/13/04 4:05 am

FlamingDeth

Re: Remember This?: More game stuff

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:19 am

Wow, you're still working on this? Amazing!

EDIT: I am dumb.

Also: For the Doman Castle thing, you have a diagonal hall sprouting off it. However, the rug on it isn't diagonal at the ends, which leads to a fantastically messed up perspective problem. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 10/13/04 4:52 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:01 am

Wow, I didn't even know you were making a game.

Anyway, sounds like a lot of work, that is, if I'm not mistaken to the fact that you're using RPG Maker. Yowch. Good luck, man! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:38 pm

Quote:
Still not even done by the way. Gotta add her furry claw hands, as well as her reptillian feet and her tail.
<p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 10/13/04 4:38 pm

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:31 pm

Actuall Molokidan... it's not RPG Maker. Mainly cause...

it's not an RPG.

It's going to be more of a sidescroller beat-em up type of game. Like Final Fight, The early Ninja Turtle games, Double Dragon, etc.

anything anyone got to say about the sprites? Like the Miang sprite? or the Jade Dragon signs?

Thanks for the comments and whatnot. Hope to hear more soon. Image

------------ <p>"Uh-Huh... hate to break this to you... but gratuitus panty shots aren't considered a weapon!" --Deadpool to Sailor Moon, "Deadpool vs. Sailor Moon"</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:34 pm

Oh, I thought you were using RPG Maker. the spritesheets looked a lot like that!

A sidescrolling beat 'em up, wow, sounds interesting. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Darkblade2000us

Unread postby Darkblade2000us » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:28 am

I think that your current long dress version of your Miang sprite is a more sensible idea. To often the female character get portrayed with as much visible skin as possible in most genres these days. Then again it looks like one of those versions of Miang is an underwear one. (sports bra and thong combo look by my guess) Anyway I think you're doing a great job and hope you don't stress yourself out to much working on your project.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:44 am

That's not an "underwear variation", that's "Ayla with an edited head". Like he said, he doesn't like getting rid of work-in-progress sprites.

Also: It's kind of hard to say whether we lik or dislike the sprite if so many of the important bits are still left out. About all we can say is "the head is nice". <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous