You don't know who this is but...

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Nekogami

You don't know who this is but...

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:31 pm

All you people going on vacation will know her very well and probably love her....heh...heheh...hahahhahahahahahahhhahah!

..... *cough* I present to you....<spoiler>

<p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Choark

Re: You don't know who this is but...

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:36 am

Ah the grass pen tool *sniffs* Such wonders it can create.

I like. Without going into any detail I think some of the shading may need work, but I like the picture, tis a nice picture and espically because you've got a background that part of it all. Her dress/kimono is pretty sexy.

Good Stuff veerily. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:39 am

You can't give criticism withouth detail!Image Because I can't improve. <p>

Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:59 am

Sorry but I am tredding carefully over critisum at the moment. Giving out too much hurts the soul and not everyone wants to honestly hear it so... yeah. Thats my excuse anywho.

So going into hyper picky Scott mode, full of his own opinions and giving them out for the people, by the prick, then:

What I meant by the shading being off is, and the legs are a prime example of this, they more look like embroded shading rather then real shading. Least I think thats the term. What you have is a thin line of bright, and a thin line of dark and neither really seem to follow the shape of the body. They follow the shape of the lines.. but not the skin it implies or the muscles that would be there so it gives the effect of looking, to me, just wrong.

Also its rather odd as you haven't made sure the darker skin is right at the line, so theres a lighter shade of skin around the darker shaded skin making the darkness seem to just... well.. be there instead of actual shade. The shading on her furry hands doesn't seem to follow the fur And the shape of the arm/hands either. I am not unforantly an expert so *shrugs* not much to say on it other then it seems wrong.

Also light on skin doesn't always just appear as a line of light. Take her breast ya done. With it just moving down as a single line it looks far too.. well.. straight for a oval shaped body part. Making it more curved, or even a circle of light would look slightly more.. "right" .. And while I actualy like this a point to remember is =P She must be pretty well oiled up or sweaty to be rflecting white light like that.

for those light parts is also looks like you stuck to a single brush size and just added them with a single stroke. I recommend trying to use different sizes other wise it will always have that roundish end that theyy have here.

Now I've said all that please let me make it clear that I still like it. I'm just a picky cunt.

-edit- ...

Hey Hey just look at my signature down there 6_6 ... See the girl on the right? See how the white shading follows her body rather then the lines drawn? And doesn't finsih with a roundish point...

I'll see if I got a bigger scanned picture of this so ya can see it more. Remember though - this guy is a bloody expert on shading female bodies (espically making em looked well oiled) so don't expect to be doing stuff like him anytime soon. ^_^; Eheh.

-Edit2-

I'm going to come clean - I was just waiting for any excuse to post this up =D BWA HA HA HA HA HA H HA

http://www.fantasydragon.net/choark/WWW04.jpg

She's pretty...

*coughs*

Oh yes... Notice the curves on her body, the way the light catches certain parts - and even if you take the really light parts out the shading on the skin it all still follows the body...

... *coughs*

Anywho - yeah.

-edit some more-

I feel kinda like a jerk adding the picture to Amanda's thread so I made it a link. But yeah. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/16/04 11:13 am

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:44 am

Actually, I thank you. did get kinda lazy on the shading. I should have taken more care though also with my knowing my laptop screen distorts things.

*nod* Hmm.... <p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:44 pm

Hmmm...Awesome pic overall, but something about the skirt and the tail seems a tad off...I mean, unless it splits in the back the skirt seems a little flat in the back. I'd think it would've bulged out a little due to the thickness of the tail, like this:

(warning: Craptacular ASCII example ahead!)

=
-\
--\
---\
----|
----|
----|
----|.........///
===........///
\\\.........///
\\\===///
\\\==///

As opposed to (and again!) this:

==
---|
---|
---|
---|
---|..........///
==.........///
\\\.........///
\\\===///
\\\==///

The way it is the tail looks like it's either squished in between the legs or just pops out of nowhere...see what I"m trying to say? <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:20 pm

The kimono is absolutley beautiful. I really can't add on critique, but I love the shadowing over the face. Nice touch. But the kimono? that's where it's at. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:01 am

I always imagined there be a slit for the tail. <p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous