Ferny's Scanner works again! Yay! (Crits Apreciated)

For artistic creations in non-text format.
Firnthuleien

Ferny's Scanner works again! Yay! (Crits Apreciated)

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:29 pm

Allou there......Scanner's back in action and I have a whoooole bunch of pics that I'd like some crits on........Please be forwarned, that the picture quality sucks because my mom's scanner sucks :{

And I have yet to clean them up in Photoshop ^_^;

Aww...Ferny and Blaze all wuvy-duvy ^-^
*proud of how this one turned out*

My character from Kev's RP...A wingra theif called Arlock :D

And Arlock chibified ^_^

Chibi Fool in his Darkened Doma outfit :{

Regular Fool in his DD outfit.

And a really akwardly drawn looking Fool, also in his DD outfit.

A christmas elf, pissed off at the clothes he has been forced to wear (Based off the clothing from the "claymation" Rudolph movie)

And said elf pilfering a present :D <p><div style="text-align:center"> Image
(9:58:37 PM) Shinigori has entered the room.
DWSage008 (9:58:39 PM): I'm disturbed. How about you?
</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=firnthuleien>Firnthuleien</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/27/03 3:41 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: Ferny's Scanner works again! Yay! (Crits Apreciated)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:38 pm

Really like the Fool ones, Fern. Although I might be biased due to being a Trenchcoat lover. >_>;; <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:58 am

*grins evilly*
Quote:
(Crits Apreciated)

Oh how I love to hear those words.

*snaps fingers and puts on the Iron Glasses Of Doom*

Remember, I'm only being hard cause I enjoy hearing the screams of tormented souls. Remember you asked for this! Bwa ha hah a ha ha!

Personally, my first horrible comment that will make you reach for your tissues as tears stream from ya eyes is - I think you could have tried to make some of the pencil lines a bit more darker. On some of them it really takse away something from what ya drawn as the lines fade out and makes the picture hard to see.

My second comment (made so your soul cracks from your spirit being torn out) is all your characters have straight back syndrom, where they are all trying to emulate whats it like to be a pole. Remember, the human body is not a metal pole as it stands, it can flow and bend, like the mighty tree. Or in other words, try to add character to some of the stances - have hips bent, have one leg taking more weight then the other, that sort of thing. Play around with standing stances - as they tell as much about the character as the expression and clothes.

My third overall comment is there eyes - I do this as a horrible blow to your already battered mental state. Now as a guy who has done anime I'm not one to talk of realisum, and it not much of a big deal, however eyes are normally always done so they are at least one eyes length apart. Some of your characters drawn there eyes almost seem to be touching - though I do appriate the fact its due to the head being at an angle - some of them still seem a little close.

Hints on other things:

The first picture I do believe you could probably see the other ear on both characters because of there length. Also the guys ear could probably coming down a touch.

Second one I like the espression and hair style. eye could be a touch smaller. Nice overall design - simple but nice - good knife - perhaps his arm is a whee bit long? Depends really, is cartoony so doesn't matter?.

Wai cute and cool. Nothing more to say but I like this.

Nice design overall on this one too. Dig the whole claws, tench coat hair look.

The foot that looks like its suppose to be behind the other one looks like its in front. Arm length looks off too (this time short) but again style thing?.

A good try at a hard to do angle. Keep practicing!

Fool has a good expresson on the face but really does look to rigid. Unbalanced feet as well.

Cute.

*takes off Iron Glasses Of Doom*

There I went through some stuff. Remember this is only my opinion and it isn't the law on how to draw stuff. Overall though its nice to see ya drawing and enjoying yourself ^_^ and I hope to see more, more, more!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 11/28/03 12:00 pm

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:11 pm

Thankee Cho! ^_^ *ish glad to get crits!*

To tell ya the truth, I write stuff under all my pics, about what looks wrong in em. XD And lots of those things were in those "writings" n_n (Ex: The mis-proportioned arms)

Dawing the lines so light is also a bad habit of mine, pointed out many times by my friend Jess, who does online comics ^.^; (My response was always: "But Jess! What if I mess up something on a reaaaaaally good drawing and can't fix it cuz the line's too dark? ;_;")

Though I never thought about straight back syndrome o_o And I do go overboard on elf ears XD *will try to remedy that*

Thankee muchly, again for all your help Cho! You've pointed out some stuff that I've never even noticed about my stuff! ^-^ You've been a great help! <p><div style="text-align:center"> Image
</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:34 pm

No Problem!

About the light line thing. Its great that you do do light lines. When I was a whee lad I'd never ever do light lines so once I made a mistake that was that. However light lines are just for rougthing out where everything goes. Don't be afraid to go over it later in a darker pencil - improving it as you go along. If you see something is wrong - try to improve it as you make the darker lines.

In the end just have confidence in yourself and ya ability and don't be afraid of messing up. For every one picture I show here there are thirty others never shown because of mistakes or just cause I tried something (Really, its true, you just hae to ask the people I showed my Sketch Pads to). A messed up picture isn't a bad thing.

So all in all:

Glad ya didn't burst into tears and hate me =D Thats always a plus! And carry on artistic soldier! Fight for a brighter tommorow!

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:50 pm

I have another one for you to Crit too Cho :D Don't ya feel special?

The combinations for this were:

~Late at night/early morning (Aprox 1:00)
~Desire to try something new
~Wanting to draw a chibi
~Wanting to stick with drawin Arlock for a while

....And the results that Ferny got was a new chibi drawing style ^.^;

Tah dah! ^.^

Arlock: Victoly! ^-^ <p><div style="text-align:center"> Image
</div></p>

Teh Kev

Unread postby Teh Kev » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:00 pm

XD Hehe! I luff your chibi style Ferny. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:01 pm

Thankee Kev ^_^ (You silly nilly. You made my poll a 3 way tie XD) <p><div style="text-align:center"> Image
</div></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:01 pm

As a not terribly good artist...

My only crit was about the straight back. Cho did other stuff much better. ^^;;;

But I LIKE oversized elf ears. ;_;

WAI THOUGH! WAI WAI WAI!

Raishilliah

Unread postby Raishilliah » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:42 pm

Good work on those, Ferny. True stuff about the straight back and most of the other stufff...

Though those oversized elf ears look suspiciously like Sashel's, only a bit shorter.

And yes, that is a good thing. ^_^ <p>

l33tPenguinePimp: I'm going to try to make a bread bowl.
KnightsofSquare: Good luck.
KnightsofSquare: I can't even make a bread play ping pong.</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:25 pm

Note: With the long ears thing - I more of meant that the other ear would show from the angle she had drawn it - otherwise it looks suspisously like the people on have one ear.

*dones once more the Iron Glasses of Doom!*

Once again being overly critical I shall pound ya spirit into a bloodly mess and sell it for half price at a butchers.

As its a chibi I techically can't complain about alot. HOWEVER. On further examinantion I notice you have the knife there again, in the same sideways pose. Really I have a feeling that if someone held a knife to there side they most likely wouldn't hold it so its perfectly straight on sideways to the looker. Of course you are doing this for ease of drawing - espically on such a fun quick sketch as this - but don't forget to try out different angles - normally just making something just off centre can add a lot to the fake 3Dness of a picture and make it seem much more complete.

There's not much more to say on this one but - cute. ^_^

*takes off the Iron Glasses Of Doom!*

So yeah. =D whee!

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:35 pm

*hugglies* Thanks Cho :D Dunno what I'd do without ya! ^_^ <p><div style="text-align:center"> Image
</div></p>

Return to Fanart and Miscellaneous