Possible Cure for Cancer Unprofitable

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Possible Cure for Cancer Unprofitable

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:35 pm

http://www.healthsalon.org/94/scientist ... re-on-dca/

Worth a read.

Edit: Yes, it's old and I can't confirm it. Still.

Edit2: http://www.depmed.ualberta.ca/dca/

And:

"# OkinKun Says:
August 25th, 2008 at 2:08 pm

When I read this, I knew it sounded familiar…

That’s because researchers found that THC kills cancer cells IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!
See: www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=748

From that article:
“”THC modulates key cell-signalling pathways, thereby inducing direct growth arrest and death of tumor cells, as well as by inhibiting the growth of blood vessels that supply the tumor.”
“Cancer occurs because cells become immortalized; they fail to heed normal signals to turn off growth. A normal function of remodelling in the body requires that cells die on cue. This is called apoptosis, or programmed cell death. That process fails to work in tumors. THC promotes its reappearance so that gliomas, leukemias, melanomas and other cell types will in fact heed the signals, stop dividing, and die.”
“But, that is not all,” explains Dr. Russo: “The other way that tumors grow is by ensuring that they are nourished: they send out signals to promote angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels. Cannabinoids turn off these signals as well. It is truly incredible, and elegant.”

In other words, this article explains several ways in which cannabinoids might be used to fight cancer, and, as the article says, “Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies.”

But of course, Marijuana and it’s cannabinoids are considered the devil, and the government claims it has no medical value… So good luck ever getting THIS cure out to the public!

BY THE WAY, my link also actually contains SOURCES… Something which this one left out. I hope I’ve been of some assistance on this topic.

Oh also, for video evidence of the claims in my above post, which you can see for yourself…
See here:
sethgroup.org/featured_experiment.html

Enjoy ^_~ "

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 pm

This is both old news and misinformation (not intentional misinformation on Bes's part, just a bad source--though it's not necessarily obvious that that's the case).

You can read more about it here:

Respectful Insolence

The blogger is a surgical oncologist--he's written a grand total of 22 entries on the subject and how it's a bunch of crap, including the fact that various web sites have tried to sell DCA "for veterinary use" and people have essentially tried to treat their own cancer with an untested, unregulated drug.

Return to Discussion Forum