Renfair!

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Uh...>_> <_<

*SMOKE BOMB*
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Well I have confirmations. We're going to have a full car on the way up. Tim and Kate will be joining us. I was wondering if there's anything that I could buy to bring for lunch that we could make or anything like that. I really don't want to inconvenience You and mike. Like a loaf of bread, cold cuts, anything. I could ask people to bring stuffs for the ride up as well. Make it a little picnic :DDD! Let me know your thoughts.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Okay! I was about to ask!

The most important thing is to bring some blankets or sleeping bags, and at least a couple pillows. We have at least two extra, full-size pillows for you fine folks to use, but I tossed out all the extra blankets because they were so old and dusty (one blanket I'd had since the 4th grade, and barely had any stuffing left in it...plenty dust though). We do have one extra, very nice full size blanket that Brian's Mom made us for our wedding (it's yellow and great!) and three almost-blankets in a pinch. And, of course, a very nice air mattress (reserved for your driver--you!) and a not-terrible couch (I just woke up from a nap I took on it, with my legs dangling over the side).

If you'd really like to bring something, feel free to bring along a couple 2-liters of some non-caffeinated soda (Fanta's my favorite!). I also have a thing for cranberry ginger ale, although that may be harder to hunt down. I try not to drink caffeine past noon, and I don't buy non-caffeinated stuff too often, so I'd really appreciate the treat.

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:11 am

Oh no! I'm sorry I thought Mike told yea. @.@ Jason told Mike that we're thinking it'd be best if we went just the one day. Since I'm working school hours again it'll make it really hard to be able to be tolerant with little ones when exhausted from ren fun. Thus we thought it'd be best if we brought it down to just going the one day.

Hee it might be best, then you and Mike can have a little date at the renfest together :D! I dunno it's up to you.

Alrighty we'll bring things :D. Though yea I totally agree with you on non-caffeinated drinks. I think they taste better and they don't upset my stomach.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:03 am

Oh, alright. Are you sure you are up to that long drive in one day? Cuz we can handle little uns for a day (what little uns? o_o)

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Oh my students. I'm with them the whole day, and some of them can be really clinging and there's only a few that can grate the nerves. Not to mention that some of the floaters have language barriers that adds to irritation.

Though now that I'm thinking about, and if I had thought about a lot of these things a little more properly, I could have asked for monday off. Though Yea with the amount of people that want to join it wouldn't be fair to stay the night, and finding a hotel after I got everyone to rsvp, it would've been to late to find one. I think the over night stay should be left for possibly next year, but thanks so much for offering to us it's really nice of you to offer :). I'll remember next year to keep my mouth shut, and not accidentally invite people. (Don't know what I was thinking, I just new I thought it was said that neither Kate nor Tim had gotten a chance to go to renfair due to circumstances. Mostly to do with lack of free time, no one to go with them, etc.)

Don't worry I'll be able to handle the drive, but thanks for thinking of me :D! Hee I think I might love the drive back with all the walking we'll be doing.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:06 am

Alright then, we is confirmed up. :] What time should we expect you in the mornin's of the 20th?

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:44 pm

around 10:30-11, all depending on traffic. If there's horrific traffic then I'll call you and let you guys know. We'll be leaving around 8:30 - 9. Map quest says that it'll take an hour and a half to get there with out using the toll road.

With the toll road it'll be around an hour and 18 minutes. I might just do that since it's faster. Have to start the hunt for change! *Goes on a mission for change!* Boo-haha! >D! *Feels savvy!* So if I do do that It could be closer to the early hour of ten in the morning. Still there's the whole thing of traffic, but I'll deffinantly call you when it's a bit later and let you guys know when I have a better idea of when we'll be arriving.

Course I cheat using google maps to see how many tolls I'm gonna go through and it's only like... two. XD!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Rightyo! Just give us a call on the morn'.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:06 pm

I have to figure out who's doing the drivin' on my end. I wonder if I can snag my sister's car for the day without bugging her, or if our friend Emily will drive...hmm...I should figure out which of my friends are even going, actually...hmm...
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:43 am

Dia: I will :D.

Spleen: ...X3 those are important questions, that's for sure! :)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:18 am

I have secured the car for Saturday (barring unfortunate circumstances). I know Joe and myself are going, I don't know which other(s) of my friends will be too. BUT I WILL FIND THIS INFORMATION.

EDIT: Our hilarious and awesome roommate RJ is tentatively coming! We're still trying to convince our friend Emily.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Have you been to this Ren Faire before? Will we need cash for our tickets, or will we be able to pay by credit/debit?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:16 pm

We have been there before, but off the top of my head I don't know what will be needed for entry. I know that none of the vendors take anything other than cash, though, so that's what Kristen and I are bringing.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:27 am

http://www.rennfest.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=16

According to a friend who went last year, all they take is cash and the ATM outside the gate has a $5 surcharge because it can.

I'm going to make a detour to a saner ATM sometime before we get there tomorrow so I don't run into that, methinks.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:38 am

Show up with authentic gold coins and see what manner of contradiction they use to avoid accepting it.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 am

Dunno who you bank with, but there's a Chevy Chase bank/ATM combo across the street from where we live. But then, you just left campus.

We'll just go get some bread from the grocery, and get some extra cash back.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Hey guys!

I hope everyone got home alright, it was a lot of fun to have you here! A big thanks to everyone for helping out, especially Trom for the noodlings, Bes for eating the last helping of spaghetti so I didn't have to put it in the fridge, and Kate for leaving all the delicious shortbread here. :3

tromkehra

Unread postby tromkehra » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Yup we all got home alright. I'll let Kate know you liked her short bread :D.

Also we had a fun time :3! Thanks for letting us hang out at your place.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 am

Woohoo!

Hey, did anyone else see the two girls walking around the fair as catgirls? That bugged me. It's one thing to be a geek at a ren fair, but if you're going to be a geek in costume, pick the right goddamn kind.

Also, did anyone see the guy dressed as a Dark Elf? That was sick.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Spleen wrote:Woohoo!

Hey, did anyone else see the two girls walking around the fair as catgirls? That bugged me. It's one thing to be a geek at a ren fair, but if you're going to be a geek in costume, pick the right goddamn kind.
Says the guy who forgot his can of corn at the apartment!

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Dammit, I totally forgot!

Dammit!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:07 pm

For shame!

Previous

Return to Discussion Forum