WHAT

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

WHAT

Unread postby Kai » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years: Girlfriend was physically stuck to the seat — her skin had grown around it

<blockquote>NESS CITY, Kan. - Deputies said a woman in western Kansas sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years, and they're investigating whether she was mistreated.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said a man called his office last month to report that something was wrong with his girlfriend.

Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman’s skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

“We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital,” Whipple said. “The hospital removed it.”

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

“She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body,” Whipple said. “It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself.”

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

“And her reply would be, ‘Maybe tomorrow,”’ Whipple said. “According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom.”

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that “there was something wrong with his girlfriend,” Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was “somewhat disoriented,” and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

“She said that she didn’t need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave,” he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple’s names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz in Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor. </blockquote>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:44 pm

....what the hell, man?

Seriously, what the hell?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:33 pm

what

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Wow.. how does that happen? I mean, even if it was the boyfriend's fault and he kept her in the bathroom for that length of time.. I dunno, wouldn't you still beable to stand up or something trying to get out? Unless its a really, really small bathroom.
Of course, it could go either way since the article didn't really go into why she was in there outside of 'it could be the boyfriend or it could be the girl's mental health'.

Also, because I can't help myself..

ehhehe..Whipple.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Wow, I heard someone mention this at work and I thought it was a hoax. I really don't know what to say about it.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:31 pm

I...wow. what.

I read this, and I doublechecked it somewhere else, but I -still- think it's a hoax. Something like that just seems...unbelievable.

Wow, man. Wow. All sorts in this country...

Return to Discussion Forum