Dia and Mike:

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Dia and Mike:

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:45 pm

Now that I'm out of intense band rehearsal, I have free time to do stuff!

We should meet up in the near future, because you are not unachievably far from campus! I can also maybe try and get you guys tickets to a UMD sporting event if you're interested, possibly even a football game so you can watch the band and I march.

What modes of transportation are you capable of using? Parking a carmobile on campus may be difficult, unless you want to meet somewhere off campus or pick me up at some agreed-upon landmark. If you have access to a Metro stop, you have to walk a substantial distance (to get to my dorm from the Metro, but aren't as subject to parking woes and I could conceivably meet you halfway. If you would prefer to come in by supersonic jet, though, I can't help you; likewise getting into campus in a dirigible or on the back of a rhinoceros. I think teleporter service is enabled to this college, though, if you've got access to that. And I think if you start now, you could walk and maybe get here by Friday or Saturday.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:37 pm

http://www.wmata.com/tripplanner_d/Trip ... m_Solo.cfm

It's sexy.

Type in ODENTON RD & HOLIDAY AVE for our nearest transit connection, which is very close--less than half a mile.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 pm

That is sexy!

Putting "College Park" in for the destination will give you routes to UMD. Some of the routes suggest going through the Metro in Greenbelt; be wary of doing this as Greenbelt is a bad area.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Duh, of course it's a bad neighborhood. It has bus stops.

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:05 pm

And we all know buses are BAD.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:37 pm

Busses betrayed and murdered my father.

Like, six times.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Someone used a scroll of Summon City Bus on my freedom. It got eaten 8 times over before the bus was unsummoned.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:52 pm

Old school reference for the win!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:42 pm

So Spleen,

What weekend might be good to meet up with you?

Return to Discussion Forum