Cast In Bronze

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Location: Under the Bed (Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red)

Cast In Bronze

Unread postby Lenore » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Has anyone heard of Cast In Bronze? (Idran doesn't count, I already told him about this)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:37 pm

No, but generally questions like that are given with some explanation of what you're talking about.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:28 pm

Yeah, like a link or something. Jeez.
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:52 pm

This the right thing?

Not that I know anything about this, but google is your pal.

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:22 pm

*Laughs* I was just wanting to see if anyone had any idea what I was talking about before I posted a link, but yes, both of those links lead to the website for Cast In Bronze.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Long2HonouFlamesSig.jpg[/img]

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:59 pm

Seeing as how I'm on 56k, which makes clicking any mystery links a dicey proposition, I'd appreciate it if someone would spill the beans already.

I'm guessing it's an internet based service like ebay that lets you send in an object and they will bronze it for you. For a slight premium, they will let you choose up to two 'mix-in' elements such as cobolt or bismuth.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 pm

"America's only traveling carillon!" it purports.
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:51 am

Capntastic wrote:Seeing as how I'm on 56k, which makes clicking any mystery links a dicey proposition, I'd appreciate it if someone would spill the beans already.

I'm guessing it's an internet based service like ebay that lets you send in an object and they will bronze it for you. For a slight premium, they will let you choose up to two 'mix-in' elements such as cobolt or bismuth.

Not at all. It's a musical experience! the guy plays a Carillon with other music playing along with him. It's amazing.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:48 am

Man, I've always wanted to get my baby shoes bismuth'd. Now I know where to go!
Anime is kind of like fish in that it is better the less "fishy" it is.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:38 am

...What's a carillon?

Lenore
Irritable Necromancer

Unread postby Lenore » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:09 pm

NamagomiMk0 wrote:...What's a carillon?

A giant instrument made of bells. Four tons of bells in the case of Cast in Bronze.

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:42 pm

Return to Discussion Forum