Affiliate Banner Request

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Affiliate Banner Request

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:12 am

Most of you probably know of Hidden Realms through Kai or Brian's posting there, or through some of the posters from there that have come here. In the interest of trying to get some further new blood here and hopefully boost activity a little, I think applying to be an affiliate of that site would be a great boon for this forum. To do this, however, requires us to submit a small banner for them. Thus, I ask you for your submissions on this.

How this is going to work is any of you that might be interested in putting something together for this create your banner. The only requirement is it has to be 88x31, but I do ask that you try to focus on making it aesthetically pleasing, and somehow suggestive of this site. Sprite work'd probably not fit that well for this, mainly because I don't think it really represents the forum as it is now very well, though of course it's up to you all what you want to try out.

So then, go ahead and post what you come up with here, and after a while, I'll probably put up a poll or something to decide what you all want to go with. It would probably be helpful for those of you wanting to work with this to check out the Hidden Realms site and see what sorts of buttons other sites use for this; maybe you can get some inspiration there for a submission here. And people here less personally artistically inclined, folks that have ideas they don't think they could personally do justice for, go ahead and post those up here too.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:35 pm

...88x31 is fucking small.

You're certain that's right? If so, we'll have little room for anything but "RPGWW".
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:17 pm

If you click the link that Idran gave, you'll see the site.

If you look at the site, you'll see the banners.

If you look at the banners, you'll see their size.

If you see their size, you'll realize there's still something you can do with that tiny space.

You up for it? Or am I going to have to post a ringer banner so that people know it's possible?

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:22 pm

Here's a 88 x 31 file.

And no, it's not a serious entry =(

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm

I will take a crack at this! And I might edit this with the result. Whee.

Edit:

And I'm spent. For tonight. Bwa. Sarah's rendition of RPGWW-tan used and altered with Sarah's permission.

Edit 2: The original is behind the link! http://fantasydragon.net/scv/bs/scrib/rpgwwtan.jpg

FlameRaven
Geek of Many Colors

Unread postby FlameRaven » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:11 pm

I'll see what I can come up with...
[url=http://parallelparchment.com]Parallel Parchment[/url]|[url=http://flameraven.deviantart.com]dA[/url]|[url=http://flameybird_art.livejournal.com]Sketch Journal[/url]

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 am

Glad to see interest drummed back up in this (Thanks, Dave and Kai, I appreciate the pimping), but just so this doesn't run forever, I'm going to put a time limit on this. I'll give one more week from the time of this posting before I put up the voting thread. Should be more than enough time for people to get something together for this if they haven't seen the thread yet. Hope to see some more entries here, but Bes's is a great start.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:32 pm

Just a reminder that there's one day left before I open the poll. If anyone's right in the middle of something that'll take longer than that, I might see about stretching it a day or two, but I'd like you to at least IM me with what you have so far in that case; you don't have to post your progress so far here if you'd rather not put up something unfinished.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:13 pm

In the interest of being fair, first here's one Charles put in my pimp thread over in the spam forum:

And here's one I made. I took the Rpgww.org main page graphic, shrunk it, and tried to clean it up as best I could:

I was gonna incorporate the half-circle stuff but ran out of room. It still kinda feels like it needs something but I'm not sure what. I'm open to suggestions.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:25 am

My face in profile, with laser beams shooting out of the eyes. That's what it's missing.

Also, I like the design of the purple one, but I think the bottom caption (where you have "Prime Roleplay!") could afford to be rethought. Calling it "prime" brings up images of prime rib, almost like our roleplay's for sale; also, I don't even know that we often use "roleplay" as a noun like that. "Expert Roleplaying" or something similar would say to me more what we're trying to get across than what you have here; I don't know if I speak for everyone on that, though, of course, and besides that I like the design, especially the choice of font.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 am

... that's an O. It's "Primo Roleplay".

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 am

I like prime ribs.

Return to Discussion Forum