Hidden Realms

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Hidden Realms

Unread postby Kai » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Another forum have I found.... Hidden Realms.

Medieval fantasy: so no guns and the like. They've got their setting info compiled, their characters are largely humanoid and lower-powered (compared to other freeform RP fora, at least), and literacy reigns.

Forum Index.

Setting information and general table of contents.

Because of the table of contents, the information on the setting is actually very easy to access. They've obviously spent a lot of time and effort making sure that what they've established is easy to learn about, which I definitely appreciate. It's a lot to soak in, but I can't very well expect people to learn about Gaera when they come to RPG World World if I'm not willing to do the same elsewhere.

This forum also has an IRC room!

irc://irc.sorcery.net/hiddenrealms

I'll probably app a character as soon as I know which one. It's one of those forums that wants you to have a different screenname for each character, so I feel kind of pressured to be certain of whom I'm playing and how before I even start posting.

People in chat so far have seemed reasonably friendly to new folks like me, and while their sarcasm so far has not quite reached the level of RPGWW or TheFreedomStone, it's undeniably there.

Has anyone else on RPGWW played here? Does anyone else play here still? <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Because we care, my sweet imperialist dog." --Linka to Wheeler</span></p>

Kai

Re: Hidden Realms

Unread postby Kai » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:02 pm

For those of you who are a little put-off by the turbo-fantasy settings... here's a current breakdown of HR characters by race.

Useful poll! I'm kind of curious to see what we'd end up with as a result. <p>-------------------------
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"Because we care, my sweet imperialist dog." --Linka to Wheeler</span></p>Edited by: Kai&nbsp; Image at: 12/30/06 23:02

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:57 pm

So I'm still on this site. My RP is still going.

Going quite well, in fact. I would actually recommend people try this forum out. Seems like dominant mode of communication outside of the board is msn messenger, and there doesn't seem to be much of an OOC community compared to some forums.... though I must hedge my bets and say that I haven't been as interested in that aspect.

But yeah. People should check it out.

FlameRaven
Geek of Many Colors

Unread postby FlameRaven » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Your links are broken. :/

Otherwise, sounds interesting. I may have to check it out...
[url=http://parallelparchment.com]Parallel Parchment[/url]|[url=http://flameraven.deviantart.com]dA[/url]|[url=http://flameybird_art.livejournal.com]Sketch Journal[/url]

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:34 am

Actually, I think the site is down right now, because I can't get to the site at all.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:11 pm

The links work now. The site was down for a day or so because of server issues, but seems to be fine now.

Return to Discussion Forum