So, I know some of you read "Jack"...

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

So, I know some of you read "Jack"...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:40 am

Well, Dave Hopkins is in Trouble.

Aparently he needs to have an operation to remove most of his teeth, or the infections he gets in them (from seizure medication aparently?) are going to kill him painfully.

They're offering commisions to people, you can donate... Or even just spread the word around. Any and all things you can do for them are appreciated at this point, I think. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: So, I know some of you read "Jack"...

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:52 am

Ahh, medical insurance. It's comforting to know that life-threatening ailments do not form a need for financial assistance.

But I'd have to say this whole thing leaves me curious. I can't say as I've ever heard of a dental infection being serious enough to be fatal, but then I suppose if any infection gets seroius enough it could, theoretically, be life-threatening. Still, my curiosity about that guy's condition has not been satisfied.

And I had no idea that getting a tooth pulled was that freaking expensive. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:58 pm

Surprise!

Also, no. If you are on the brink of serious medical need, many insurance companies will not take you on because you are certain to take more money than you bring in, and in an immedate sense--and there is nothing to keep you on, so that they can garner revenue from you. It's profit-margin studies at its barest form, and business ethics at its minimal point. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:56 pm

Update: The site has changed. They 10k was met, and Mr. Hopkins is going to have his proceedure. This is totally going to change his entire life. Give it a read for full details. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Return to Discussion Forum