HEY JAK

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

HEY JAK

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:26 am

What is going on, seriously, man. I heard you were supposed to come to the area yesterday, and you're not here, and I haven't heard anything from you. Wat. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Jak Snide

Re: HEY JAK

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Sorry, been busy with family and generally despairing. Seems that airlines don't like selling reasonably priced tickets at short notice, so the trip down there would cost $700, which, strangely, is what it'd cost me to fly over there from England in a months time. Tried looking at trains down there but they're pricey as well, along with ridiculously lengthy. BW helped a whole lot with searching for affordable ways down there. Sadly, such a way doesn't exist, and I can't justify paying that much for a 4 day trip. I'm sorry for not notifying you sooner, and even more sorry for not being able to make it down there. :[

A two week trip could justify that sort of expenditure, though, if you'd be willing to have me over in the distant month of October. Or some other time, if Sugoicon isn't a big meet up this year. Spur of the moment speculation here, but it's a far better option than having to say "hay, not gonna see you all this year."

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: HEY JAK

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:07 pm

I am not sure on the up-meet-big status of Sugoicon, but I would be perfectly willing to endure a Brit or two for that span o' time. Can't speak for Shini and Neb, of course, but I don't anticipate that will be an issue.

Also, it is good to hear that you are just having planning problems and not that you are in the area in some mystery bar or station waiting to be picked up by someone who looks vaguely familiar. We will see you whenever it is that we see you, light physics willing. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Return to Discussion Forum