Yuku?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Zemyla

Yuku?

Unread postby Zemyla » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:59 pm

If you notice at all the ads on the top of the pages, it seems that ezBoard is converting to something called Yuku, whic h looks like a cross between ezBoard and MySpace.

According to the Wikipedia article, it looks like we're going to have to switch in late 2006.

So, what's our plan for this? <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Yuku?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:46 pm

Grenades?

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:22 pm

I express my overwhelming apathy.

According to the wikipedia article and given links therein, Yuku is not an outside company, just a new name/successor technology to ezB hijinx. ::shrugs::

The board is going to move. As far as "planning" for this, the concerned may wish to backup RPs and threads, because ezB is likely to run into some issues. I'm really not that assured ezB can handle this entire move/switch thing without losing topics, registered screennames, and such. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica
"he is the godamn batman! thats why! if he can breath in space you damn bet he can wear a panty on his head!" glu-glu</div></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 7/20/06 20:29

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:03 am

This seems like it will be a big hassle. Personally, while loatheful of the whole idea of "hey we're changing the forums you paid for to be something completely different", I am curious as to how the whole "AVERAGE LARGE SIZED COMMUNITIES WILL BE RAKING IN CASHOLA BY THE BARREL" scheme will work.

Return to Discussion Forum