attending wedding guests: your hotel roomage

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

attending wedding guests: your hotel roomage

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri May 05, 2006 11:39 am

HAY.

So, like, you people. There's a Fairfield Inn or somesuch aroundabouts here that's $65/night (for a 4 person room). Catie is coming, and I think Chris and Brian (of the fro) are coming; so they could split one of those $65ers.

I want to confirm this--make sure there's not going to be a, you know, last-minute 40 man raid coming or something--and also confirm what days you'll need/want that room for. If I remember correctly, Catie is coming in on Saturday morningish, so I assume at least Sat-Sun-Mon.

TALK TO ME MY HEAD ASPLODE. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: attending wedding guests: your hotel roomage

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri May 05, 2006 1:29 pm

More information would be good. Like, say, where this hotel is, so I can figure out how to get there from the airport/train station/bus station/highway/spaceport/whatever.

But yea, that rate is hard to beat. More on this subject as I work out how I'm going to afford all this. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri May 05, 2006 4:15 pm

I don't know.

I can find out later, when the motherida figure returns from her trip. I'll also browse the internets, for the heck of it. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri May 05, 2006 10:40 pm

More like Saturday afternoonish. The bus is gonna be arriving at around 12:15 (maybe a bit later, due to Greyhound being annoying). I'd be there earlier, but the only earlier arrival was at 6:40 in the morning, which would be badness. But anyways, I'll definately be there Saturday, and I'll definately be able to pay for my part of the hotel room. If you need to know anything else about my crazy plans, ask away. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>Edited by: NebulaQueen at: 5/5/06 22:43

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat May 06, 2006 2:55 am

I'm flying down!

Times to come later.

As for when I'm leaving...That's a question. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 06, 2006 5:49 pm

Oh, right, that reminds me--

Gimme those days you want to be there. I assume that you want at least from Saturday until Monday, so that'd cost you two nights (Sat and Sun, with a checkout on Monday at--well, whenever those normally are, anywhere from noon to 4ish...I can find out for sure once momida returns, which I think is tomorrow). Dunno if you guys are also interested in reserving the room for Monday night as well, so you can stick around to shove off on your liesure Tuesday or whatnot. <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat May 06, 2006 6:25 pm

Well, yea, since most hotels want you to check out by 11 or nooon, and since the wedding itself is at 10, it's probably a good idea to go ahead and snag Monday night, even if we don't really need the entire remaineder of the day following the reception.

So what's the deal with this rehearsal dinner thing on Sunday?

And who's collecting people from their various points of arrival? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

I am cow, hear me moo / I weigh twice as much as you

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun May 07, 2006 5:11 pm

Rehersal is on Sunday at 6:00 pm. Everyone involved in the wedding ceremony for readings and such will be needed at the church so they can be familiarized with when they'll be walking up, where their readings will be stored, and et cetera. Afterwards, the aforementioned and anyone else who wants to join will have Skyline chili--at the Paine's place, I think.

As for picking people up from various points, I think Carol has volunteered for that. She has the big 15 passenger van, and the free labor. I'll be sure to verify with her (turns out she and Mike won't be here till Monday/tomorrow :[ ). Otherwise, we have Mike and Scott and others and taxis to work things out with. <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: I am cow, hear me moo / I weigh twice as much as you

Unread postby BrainWalker » Mon May 08, 2006 2:55 pm

Yay! Now all we need is actual solid info on that hotel :( <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue May 09, 2006 11:37 am

The room is reserved.

12260 Morris Bridge Road
Temple Terrace, Florida 33637

Be aware that there is more than one Morris Bridge Road in the area (Mike and I have been lost on the wrong one), so take down your directions carefully. In fact, you may wish to confirm with a local just to make sure you can recognize the right from the wrong one.

That is, if someone is driving. Otherwise, that'll be our issue. o_o

NOW, YOU FEED ME INFORMATION.

Also, if any of you have DSes, bring them. I'll gib you demos, or multiplayer or summodd. <p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Tue May 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Oh. Well, thanks for that. That certainly saves us some hassle. Except for the whole "more than one Morris Bridge Road" thing. I suppose we'll simply reimburse you a portion of the price roughly equal to ($ of room/# of people).

... umm, but since Dad's going to be driving me down, and probably wouldn't want to share a room with a bunch of wild and/or crazy kids, it's not going to be a problem for him to get a room, is it? I probably should have thought of that earlier.

Anyway, I'll be leaving tomorrow and spending a couple days in Kentucky before heading down to Tampa, so if anyone needs to get a-hold of me, it's probably going to have to be via my cell phone.

Edit: Well, it looks like Dad's found the hotel and has booked a room for himself already, so no worries on that front. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/9/06 18:45

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unfortunate Last Minute Decisions

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed May 10, 2006 10:00 pm

Well, originally, I was going to come down with BW, but that got fubar'd. Both my own fault and circumstance... I already had to call off the last week due to my parents being gone, and when I attempted to discuss with my job that I had a wedding to go to too, I was told to ignore it or be fired. Working for Kroger is considered more important than a friend's wedding I guess.

So instead, I'm going to have to fly down to Tampa... on the 13th or 14th. I need to know who'll be down there at that time. I have little idea who I'll be staying with or how I'll be staying there anymore... I made a promise to Dia to be there and I really wanna keep it, come hell and high water.

Well, flight times are still being worked out, once I get the actual times I will post them here. I hope I posted this in time.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Unfortunate Last Minute Decisions

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:43 am

To whom it may concern:

Shini will be arriving in Tampa at 5:32 PM on Saturday the 13th, on US Airways flight 641.

That is all. :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">What's wrong with this ring?!</div></p>

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Thu May 11, 2006 10:33 am

reako can stay at the reserved hotel room. it fits four. also, we can pick you up at the airport--Mike and I or the 'rents (one set or another). the 13th would be better if possible.

hotel roomage is 72 + 78 + 78 total, for sat-tues. catie, brian, chris, and reako are the current splitters of that cost--however you want to do so. <p>
to make the pain go away
i cut the universe
with ribbons
because that makes perfect sense.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=whiteknightdelta>White]&nbsp; Image at: 5/11/06 10:36

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Unread postby Reako Somner » Thu May 11, 2006 4:06 pm

Alright, I'm flying in on the 13th, arriving somewhere around 3:05 PM to 3:15 PM. I am unsure as to what gate I'll be arriving on, so I'll call you or BW when I get there.

Whew, an expensive last minute decision, but I'll be there!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu May 11, 2006 4:41 pm

So, okay, that's everyone coming in on Saturday, starting at 12:15 for Catie (Greyhound bus station); 3:05-ish for Reako (Tampa Int'l Airport); and 5:32 pm for Chris (Tampa Int'l Airport).

SO. If possible, Reako and Chris, I'd like to confirm you're coming into the Tampa International Airport.

I'd also like to know your flight number/airline, Reako. If you're not comfortable posting it, you can give me a call at the number on the invitation, or Mike a call on his cell phone, to get that to me. Or send me an email where I can get the phone number to you again. <p>

NebulaQueen

Re: .

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri May 12, 2006 12:29 am

OKAY! Now for stuff I have mentioned over IM, but have not posted.

My Greyhound bus leaves at 8:45 in the morning on Tuesday. Which means I should probably get there between 7:45 and 8:00. <p>

"My naturally quivering state makes any display of fear deliciously arbitrary" - Manowar Leader, Scary-Go-Round</p>

Return to Discussion Forum