Of hackers and internet stalkers

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Of hackers and internet stalkers

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon May 08, 2006 6:38 pm

As most of you know, my old, old SN (the DCEDW one) was hacked and stolen by some random guy. I've all but abandoned it and everything. But anyways, this may or may not be related, I am not sure.

See, seven years ago, Kate RPed on a random java chat and met some dudes. They really weren't that significant or anything, but one of those dudes happens to be a guy with the screenname of CWRias.

Block this guy, he might randomly IM you asking where I've gone. Do not give him my new SN, if you have to tell him anything, tell him I haven't been around for a year and vanished after someone hacked my IM name. They'll say really random shit about how I'm "his daughter" which is essentially old RP crap. He might even mention some of the characters played here by other people.

I did not tell him about these characters despite what he says. He only knows their names because he did a google search on my old screenname and got a bunch of old logs (one of which being the Kyra proposes to Daniel RP). Don't cater to him, he's not worth trolling, just block him please.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Of hackers and internet stalkers

Unread postby Kai » Mon May 08, 2006 6:45 pm

I pre-emptively blocked him. Thanks for the heads-up. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Tue May 09, 2006 12:24 am

Wow, that's creepy stalkersville, yo. Sounds like my sort of territory. Got any more details on this cretin? <p>Image</p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Wed May 10, 2006 3:29 pm

Other than I think he lives in California? You got me.

Now if you want to log on AIM with a name that's not associated to RPGWW and harass the hell out of him, that's perfectly fine with me!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:07 pm

Of course, if he googled for your old screen name, he probably found the board too. It's the second result on Google for it, after all. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu May 11, 2006 12:32 am

Tell me where in California and send a two-by-four and a self-addressed stamped envelope and you will get a really kickin' rad tooth necklace in six to eight weeks.

Return to Discussion Forum