comic book recommendation: Courtney Crumrin and the [...]

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

comic book recommendation: Courtney Crumrin and the [...]

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:01 pm

I went on vacation. When you go on vacation, you buy stuff. At least, I do. Kersigh.

At any rate, I gravitated toward a book store, and found Courtney Crumrin in the Twilight Kingdom, by Ted Naifeh (Oni Press). I was all, "Hey, pretty arts!" and popped it open to read. I read through half of it before I realized that Mom (for I was visiting family!) was likely very tired, and I was hungry, and I wanted to read the rest, SO I BOUGHT IT.

I didn't quite notice it was the third book of the series, until after reading it through the second time (which I did immediately after reading it the first time).

SO I BOUGHT THE OTHER TWO ([...] Night Things (book one) and [...] Coven of Mystics (book two). At another store. At another time.

Um...I'm not really good at review type things. Hence "recommendation." But when I read these, I thought: "Choark," "spiffy art," and "JTHM." Here, have two scans:

tednaifeh_courtneycrumrin-intro.png - The introduction from the first book, which kind of gives you a feel for the series.

Also, there are 5 page previews in the links to OniPress above.

LIKE WHAT I LIKE IT'S NECESSARY TO MY LIVING!

Or check it out, y'know. I think some folks here may appreciate it. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Choark

Re: comic book recommendation: Courtney Crumrin and the [...

Unread postby Choark » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Holy...

... If I hadn't only just remade my personal photo and signature that man would SO be put on it! Also you thought correct good madam, you have wetted my appetite and I will look into these comics post haste!

Welcome back from Vacation as well! <p><div style="text-align:center"> </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;">HEROES DON'T NEED PANTS</span> </div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:42 pm

I do not know how I would react if I were put in that situation.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:06 am

It is a difficult situation, socially. I'm not sure the ettiquite handbook has a chapter on that sort of thing.

Also, Oni Press! Good times. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Blackwind Isao

Unread postby Blackwind Isao » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:27 am

Ah... just somther the guy with extra requests. 'With milk not water if you please,' would probably suffice for me. But then I'm an ass and not easily put off by subtle withering looks. I don't happen to own an ettiquette book either.

- Blackwind. <p>"I think weird is the latin root of role-player." - Gurgling Ooze</p>

Return to Discussion Forum