Seminar AWESOME!!!

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Wolfbelly

Seminar AWESOME!!!

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:04 am

Okay, for those of you not on my livejournal friends list, I've basically been jizzing all over the place about how awesome these seminars* are. Unsurprisingly, this post is partly here to heavily thump the upcoming FREE seminars that deal primarily with money and attempt to get you to buy more courses. My advice is to check them out (they're free), and not buy anything (the other courses are mucho expensive). In fact, if you're one to be mildly interested in psychology of sales, I highly recommend you attend the seminar to see how incredibly hyped up the trainers can get the clients to be.

The other "partly" of this post is to jizz a little bit more about how rad this most recent course was for me. Life Directions basically dealt with re-examining my motivations through life and then turning them into something that both motivates and inspires me, and then turning that into something I can make money doing. Highly worth whatever price other people pay for it (I got it free on account of working for the company) due to the clarity it gets you to dig out of yourself.

And, since this IS a new topic, I'd like to ask you all what your honest opinion is of the motivational market. Do you believe happiness can be found/facilitated through 3 days of high-fives, dancing, and teaching? Do you think I'm crazy for all the right or wrong reasons? And lastly, would each of you say you're open or not open to suddenly dramatic life-changes?

<span style="font-size:x-small;">* That being the seminars put on by the company that I currently work for.</span> <p>Image</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Seminar AWESOME!!!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:06 am

I thought we paid money to keep ads off of our forum?

But in all seriousness, well, I can't really think of anything other than "MORE INFO PLEASE SIR" and "LINK TO TRANSCRIPTS MAYBE?"

Edit: As un-motivated as I am, I doubt any mortal program could help me.

Editx2: This is the only speech that has motivated me.

Edited by: Capntastic&nbsp; Image at: 2/8/06 3:09

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:31 pm

Lethargy is a big problem in our country, so of course there is a big market for motivational services. Besides, getting a second opinion is almost always useful since people often have a hard time seeing things beyond their own perspective. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:06 pm

Most people have a hard time bothering themselves with introspection anyway. What ever happened to talking with a friend? Modern capitalist nations love to throw money at things.

In the interim, I offer [url=http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/nonfiction/7a24/>this] as an alternative. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:01 pm

Hot damn, that book is awesome. I'll be buying that as soon as my credit card is no longer overdrawn. <p>Image</p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:12 pm

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Art of Demotivation is for Executives and Managers with the potential to become Executives only. If you are neither, this book will only confuse, irritate or possibly even violate you. Instead, consider buying a copy of this book for your boss. He or she will thank you, in more ways than one.
That is a great disclaimer. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:10 pm

Check out the alternate cover. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Return to Discussion Forum