Drug Usage?

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

PopoSujo

Drug Usage?

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:35 am

As I sit here, having been up for over two consecutive days, eating Tostitos medium salsa con queso with Tostitos scoops, listening to Stephen Lynch sing his ballads, a question strikes me: Do any of you engage in prolific drug use?

Myself, I first discovered illegal drug use over this past summer. I was more depressed than I had ever thought possible, was trying to find a way to cope with it, and my older brother introduced me to marijuana. Up until this point, in my nineteen years I had never smoked anything, taken any pills that weren't prescribed to me, or anything of the sort.

My older brother had been trying to get me to smoke up with him for a really long time, since I was around fourteen, and one night when I was extremely drunk, he got me to follow through. The next day I regretted it, but since I could no longer make the claim "I've never smoked weed" I figured I might as well try it once while sober to really gauge the effect. The six months that followed that were pretty ugly.

I smoked every single day (often multiple times) maybe missing three or four days in that entire time period. I started smoking cigarettes, about a pack a day, some times more or less. I started doing pills, both by simply taking them and by snorting them. For a while, I even sold pills to my co-workers and random people in my area. About three weeks ago I tried shrooms for the first time.

Recently, I have cut back a lot. I don't mess with pills anymore, I've only smoked twice this entire month, and I only smoke one or two cigarettes a day unless it's a day when I'm smoking weed. I think I'd try shrooms again, but I'm not really sure, the oppurtunity would have to arise for me to really make that decision.

So, again I ask you, member of RPGWW: What is your history of drug use, if any? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Re: oh, you mean illegal?

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:22 am

I take six pills a day. I'd guess that's fairly prolific.

Right, right...

Alcohol is the only thing I've fucked around with, illegally. That was before I had any effective medication, or, indeed, any at all, or even an accurate diagnosis for my illness. It's called self-medication--I've read somewhere that it's particularly common in bipoles; I'd venture to guess the correlation has something to do with the trend of incredibly(/pathetically) slow diagnosis and poorly-understood treatment.

Though, obviously, it's not that great to use a depressant for a mood disorder, anything's better than nothing. And, depressive episodes in bipolar aren't the same as unipolar depression--the first time I felt that I "had to" drink, I had fallen from a depressive episode into a mixed episode, with the sort of frenzied, desperate franticness normally treated with a med like Ativan or Valium (benzodiazepines; I'm to understand that, back in the day, it used to be that when bipoles didn't take their own lives, they would die from sheer exhaustion from this sort of energy, in the manic episodes and such. So, doctors about shit themselves with joy when the first benzodiazepine was developed...)

I haven't touched anything else. Virtually everyone in my family has some sort of mood disorder--3/4s or so, maybe more--and I've seen too many people close to me fuck up their lives with this, that, or the other. By the time I may have reached the desperation or apathy to get into something else, I had a diagnosis and treatment.

Now, taking even a glass of alcohol will render 24 hour's worth of medicine ineffective. And, y'know...I /like/ my meds to work. There's just no comparison between then and now. So, I don't drink. Or fuck around with illegal meds. I had a run of adjusting my own medication for a while, with some disastrous results, so I don't even do that. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:49 pm

I claim even less. There are some cats at work who pretty much do everything under the sun and I must admit that when they talk about five-digit figures the idea of dealership does cross my mind, if only briefly.

A number of them have claimed that they are going to get me to smoke at least once, but I think that will take quite a bit of doing, considering I don't really dig on the idea of putting something which is burning into my own lungs on purpose.

I've heard X is fun and lets you be more comfortable and social in a group, but I've heard the same thing about alcohol--and the last time I had a bit of THAT I wound up concluding that my behavioural inhibitions are in place for a damn good reason and I'd like them to stick around. So now I'm 'sobered up' as it were on a long-term basis, in addition to being drug- and smoke-free. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:41 pm

My brother was for a number of years al living testament to why I should not take ANY of that crap. James was an abusive, self righteous ass and all around horrible person, on pot or hash or coccaine or alcohol or whatever his friends were passing around at the time. He destroyed things in our home and brought over the most vile people I've ever had the misfortune of meeting in person. If I'm ever assaulted by another person who thinks that trying to rip off my pants and grab for my crotch is funny, I will have knives this time and they will fucking die. Further more, I do not now, nor will I ever feel that I can't have fun without being so stoned that I can't walk. Thank you very much, you stupid fucks.

James today on the other hand is a much cleaner and smarter version of the asshole he used to be. Yes, he's still an asshole, but by god he's aware enough to be funny about it and awake enough not to break my personal things while he does it. The worst he did then was put holes in walls, windows, and furniture. This year, the worst he's done is call me pickle dick in jest. Kind of a marked difference, doncha think? <p>

PopoSujo

Aye, mostly illegal

Unread postby PopoSujo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:31 pm

Dia: Glad you got all of that stuff ironed out. I had a bipolar girlfriend once, so I know how crazy that shit can be from her actions and descriptions of thoughts, especially when she wasn't being treated for it.

Priam: I'd say go ahead and try weed a couple of times. It is a pretty fun experience. Don't do what I did and end up making it a part of your life, because that's far from healthy. However I see nothing wrong with smoking a few times a month with close friends.

As far as X, I've never done it. I know a few friends that have and they all say they'd do it again, but my older brother said he did it once and will never do it again. He said that he was extraordinarily happy the entire day he took it, but was suicidally depressed for the following two weeks. Kind of a turn-off for that drug.

Bes: I can definitely see your reasons for not delving into the mysterious world of drugs. If I had had something like that to deal with growing up, I'd probably hate the very idea of doing drugs or any of my friends doing them.

So far, it seems I'm the only illegal substance abuser, but then again, we've only heard from four people. <p>

pd Rydia

Re: Aye, mostly illegal

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:14 pm

"As far as X, I've never done it. I know a few friends that have and they all say they'd do it again, but my older brother said he did it once and will never do it again. He said that he was extraordinarily happy the entire day he took it, but was suicidally depressed for the following two weeks."
Speaking of bipolar illness, that's the thing about getting people to stay on treatment for it--even though all the highs come with that sort of suicidal depression, some will risk anything and everything just to retain their manias.

That's what I don't get (" ") about people doing illegal drugs. I don't have a choice about my illness. It's inherited, I share it with the larger part of my family, and I'll likely pass it down to some if not most of my children. I don't see why people would want to voluntarily subject themselves to that sort of thing.

Don't get me wrong, though--it's not something I really want to "get." I can't see the answer as anything but incredibly depressing, no matter how it's presented. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">dictionary.com | encyclopædia dramatica</div></p>

Nick Shogun

Watered Down!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:07 am

I took two puff of marijuana once, but I was so drunk that nothing happened. <p><div style="text-align:center">
www.livejournal.com/users/jankenpo/
Jan-Ken-Po, an Online Webcomic. Updated spontaneously, and without notice!
</div></p>

Archmage144

Re: Watered Down!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:53 am

I drink more or less whenever I get the chance, but that's about it. I do find the actual experiences of drug users fascinating; I've spent a lot of time reading the Erowid vaults, chuckling and browing information about various drugs (legal and illegal) and the reports from people who "abuse" them.

Personally, I think that we as a society are hypocritical about the whole thing. A lot of illegal abusable drugs can be used to experience some sort of pleasant high without any side effects that are any worse than anything that's legal. The biggest problem, as I see it, is psychological dependence. Whether something is physically addictive or not, a lot of people are easily adjusted to doing something like smoking weed or inhaling nitrous every day, though the same can be said of alcohol--in any case, it's something you can apparently attest to.

I haven't really experimented with anything else, although the idea fascinates me in most cases. There are a lot of things I would never touch, because the known side-effects are just too fucked up: You can drown yourself drinking to satiate your thirst while on X, your first time doing cocaine may be your last, I'm not willing to inject myself with anything for a high, etc. Plus, the fact is that I hope to have a career as a pharmacist someday, and having a drug conviction is a good way to see that that never happens, so I have plenty of reasons to say "clean." <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:36 am

Absolutely clean here. Drugs are pretty outside my experience; none of my friends do it, I don't do it, I don't know the connections to even get it, etc. I probably could if I really wanted to, but I don't. Apparently something about those drug awareness programs stuck!

Though illegality aside, it's really a question of control for me. My inhibitions are, as Priam said, in place for a good reason. I don't like the idea of acting other than I normally would, or being unable to remember whatever I did under the influence. And of course, there are all the dangers involved as well, as Brian pointed out.

So yeah. I'm living on the edge!

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:18 pm

My sentiments closely mirror Priams, with the exception of the "cats at work" thing and the "dealer" thing. I also have the added benefit of having been exposed to those who have engaged in the "enjoyment" of varoius illegal substances, and I can't really say that any of them have been the sort of person I would care to emulate, with rare exception. I don't intend to pass judgement on pot smokers or whatever, but personally, there seems to be something entirely moronic about breaking the law to do something that's kinda fun when there are so many legal things one can do that are all kinds of fun. Like not going to jail, for one. That strikes me as being a fairly enjoyable pasttime. My life is bad enough that I don't need to add substance withdrawl to it, and it is good enough that I don't need to smoke anything to mellow out once in a while.

For the record, I tend to hold the majority of illegal substances in acute disdain, but cannabis seems to be the one exception that has a variety of potential positive uses, and even in illegal use, seems to have quite a bit less on the downside than just about any other drug out there. I still have no interest in actually partaking, of course. I should probably do some more research on that sometime. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Drug Usage?

Unread postby Kai » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:16 am

Nothing but moderate alcohol consumption. For reasons and stuff. Because this isn't my livejournal I'm not going to expound on what those reasons are. But they totally exist, I swear! <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:18 am

Personally, I think they should legalize just about everything except for the opiates and let people do whatever the hell they want. Just have the same restrictions we do for drinking--you can't drive stoned or high, and you can't technically do it in a public place. Most other drugs, if they were controlled by the government, would a) make an assload of revenue through taxes and b) have no severe, lasting harm, comparatively speaking, if they were produced by trained chemists with standards and regulations to follow, like regular pharmaceuticals.

If we're willing to legalize alcohol, which is known to cause liver failure and brain damage, or cigarettes, which contain everything from rubber to formaldehyde as trace ingredients, what's so terrible about a joint? Excepting cocaine, heroin, crack, etc. a lot of illegal drugs have no worse side effects as a result of overuse than "legal drugs."

Legality has never been the real question for me--I think a lot of laws that limit people's personal freedoms when those freedoms do not impinge upon the rights of others are patently stupid. No killing people, or stealing stuff? OK. No smoking in public? Not really a problem. But what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business. Unless you get disorderly and start bothering the neighbors (which drunks probably do more than stoned people), it shouldn't be a problem. You can blame the Puritanical standards set by the early settlers of this nation if you so desire, and it should always be noted that they haven't gone away.

A wonderful quote on that somewhat off-topic subject by Dr. James Dobson, "family focused" writer and speaker: "The media, the entertainment industry, the ACLU, People for the American Way...are busily opposing moral principles at every turn" (italics added).

The ACLU. What a horrible organization! <p>

</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:23 am

My experimentation with drugs has been nil, thanks to a little incident I had when I was 7....I asked my mom what it was like to smoke a cigarette. She responded by popping the one she had dragged halfway down already out of her mouth and letting me try it.
...Scorched my tongue pretty bad from it.

NO I DID NOT PUT THE DAMN THING IN BACKWARDS. >:{

But yeah, since then the only thing I've ever done that would've fucked me up any is alcohol. Once, about a year ago. Had a shot of about 20 different drinks that night just to see what I liked, and found out 2 things.
1) I hate alcohol. It all tastes like cough syrup to me. x_x
2) Either that stuff was watered down like nothing doing, or I just can't get drunk, because I was the only one sober enough to drive worth a flip...and thankfully I wasn't stupid enough to try it, instead calling up a friend of mine who owns a tow truck and offering him 75 bucks to haul us all back to the base. That was fun. ^_^ <p>--
<div style="text-align:center">This has been your daily interrupted moment of Zen.

Science Team is convinced Metroids can be trained.
After three days, I'm convinced Science Team has vapor for brains.
</div></p>

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:15 pm

Brian raises some interesting points, but I think one of the big dangers of drug abuse is not that overdoses are necessarily much more lethal than an overdose of a legal drug, it is that overdosing is much easier when the state of your mind has been altered by the drug you happen to be doing, or by the situation in which drugs are being done.

I don't know how much truth there is to that, it just seems to make sense.

It might also be a trial finding trained chemsits who are willing to work with such substances. Probably not, on a large scale, but I imagine there are at least a few who would take offense to that sort of work. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:42 pm

If there's money in it, there will be plenty of chemists that don't think there are "moral hangups" about it. If people are willing to continue fermenting shit to make alcohol, a chemical that causes an insane number of deaths yearly from car accidents, general intoxicated violence, binge drinking, drowning, and various other problems, I just don't see how we as a society can not justify producing 100% guaranteed clean marijuana cigarettes or X.

I've never heard of anyone dying of a weed overdose. I imagine it can happen, but probably only in extreme doses in conjunction with other drugs. Also, in the case of a legal drug: Hypothetically speaking, it is "easier" to overdose on Vicodin, an opiate combination painkiller, than it is to overdose on, say, Advil. Or is it? The main difference is no one I know would try to take lots of ibuprofen to get a high, and in the case of Vicodin (which is abused quite commonly), I'd say the reason people get ill is the acetaminophen content, but I digress. During drug testing phases, manufacturers learn (usually by accident) what an overdose is--in many cases, people have taken 5-10 times the usual daily dose and survived (not that they enjoyed it).

So there's no reason that I can see for our society outlawing most of the recreational drugs that they do--it strikes me as a terrible hypocrisy. The only reason the prohibition failed is because alcohol has been part of man's culture for millenia. If smoking pot were a mainstream feature of Western society, I'm sure it'd be "okay," too.
<p>

</p>

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:57 pm

It's kind of off topic, but I'm alowed to do that sort of thing because people love my various shinanigins so here I go:

The reason that marajuwana will never, ever, ever be legalized.

An essay by <strike>Edwin J. Superrube</strike> Groxley Orangejulius Grunk

Old people oppose [The legalizasion of mahajawana]. Old people are the only people who vote enough for politicans to care what they think. Any politican who passes a law making merajewaha legal will find himself unemployed by next term.

The end

<strike>Bibliogra</strike> <strike>Bimbling</strike> <strike>Biblilarogra</strike> Sources:

Franklin Delono Rosevelts Bathwater and other things I have drank; Edward G. Monkeyspank; 1924; pp. 16-4,500,256

I Fucked Your Mom Last Night Son... In the ASS!; The dog who likes the taste of billy no legs; 1872; p. 6 and cover

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:24 pm

You say that, but if anything even resembling a random law that would lead to or further the cause of the legalization of marijuana, stoners by the millions would come out from under their blacklights and off of their couches to vote.

Both BW and AM raise excellent points. I myself am for the legalization of marijuana, but I don't really care if they don't. I'm still going to do it once in a while, and so are people everywhere.

I'm not necessarily for the legalization of all drugs, because some of them have side-effects in the extreme and chemical addiction that can lead to death.

I don't really see how we can have things like alcohol (which has to be fermented) or cigarettes (which have to be made in a factory and as was stated have trace amounts of things like rubber and rat poison in them) legal, but not things like certain mushrooms or weed. Both of them are completely natural and don't have harmful side effects any worse than things we do have legal.

Sorry, about to head back to my parents house for the night so this post was a bit rushed, I'll be back some time to continue.

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:37 am

Quote:
You say that, but if anything even resembling a random law that would lead to or further the cause of the legalization of marijuana, stoners by the millions would come out from under their blacklights and off of their couches to vote.

Well, the reasons I gave where more related to why you'll never see anything close to a law of that nature showing up. They fear old people, those politickers.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=groxleygrunk>Groxley] at: 10/24/05 2:37

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:36 am

The only solution is to wait for all of them to die. I think that will help things. A lot. <p>

</p>

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:31 am

I very much agree with AM on this one. Kill off all the old people, legalize drugs, let the government make enough money to get out of the negative trillions, and...

Well something important can come after all of that, because that's a pretty hefty to-do list.

Ganonfro

Unread postby Ganonfro » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:26 pm

Good thing no one has brought bible thumpers into this, because that last post would drive them nuts. :D

As for me, Alcamahol and the wacky tobaccy are the only things I've tried, besides stuff you get over the counter.

Honestly, since I honestly enjoy smoking, I see no reason for why it's such a bad drug. It's a weed. A plant. If you don't want to smoke it, put it in brownies! No lung cancer or any thing of that sort! Eating pot is safe, unless you're allergic to it, but that can be said about any drug/food. Seriously, it makes you more relaxed, increases appetite, removes nausea as well as many physical pains, and usually makes you just want to sit around watching movies.
I believe it's physically impossible to overdose on pot as well, since it's very non-toxic. I forget how much you'd literally have to smoke before you die, or how much you'd have to eat.

Alcohol I have much more of a problem with, just because it openly gives people an excuse to literally act retarded, providing you drink that much. In my experience in drinking, no matter what, you have a large amount of control over your actions... I pity the people that drink to just lay on the floor and cry over how shitty their life is, and yes, I have had to deal with someone like that the last two times I've drank.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:56 pm

An interesting note: The fact that pot makes people "okay with just sitting around and watching movies" is probably one of the reasons it's opposed by the people "in charge." Productive citizens have goals and aspirations (i.e. they want to hold down full-time 40-hour-a-week jobs doing whatever someone else has decided is a good idea). Stoned citizens do not.

There is some truth to this--people that smoke weed all the time are, from my experiences, "lazier" on average. I don't personally care, but hey, it bothers somebody.

As far as I'm concerned, since the theory is "everything in moderation," it's still no worse than being drunk. <p>

</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:47 am

A friend of mine was told by his army recruiter that the man would rather have a stoned soldier serving under him in the field than a drunk one.

So. Whatever that adds. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:12 pm

I have tried no illegal drugs, and no alcohol in content much more than a single glass.

The only thing I would try (assuming it weren't illegal) would be psychedelics/hallucinogens, to perhaps gain better insight on how my brain works. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion
But this one time I killed a walrus with my bare hands, and I suddenly understood spherical coordinates. - KnightsofSquare
Also, when you've worked a 36-hour shift as an intern you too just might pour yourself a catful of coffee and sit down to cuddle with your travel mug. -eirehound
</span>

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 pm

I don't think those would help. The second-hand reports I've got suggest that taking LSD results in you thinking your face is covered in spiders while the floor turns to lava and all of your friends are made of bees. Or something. <p>

</p>

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:59 pm

That's only in some extreme cases, AM. I have done both shrooms and DXM, and they work a lot like Zem inferred. I've only had three experiences with hallucinogens, but every time I've gotten extremely introspective and thoughtful, more so than I already am when unaffected. They're quite fun, plus solitaire cards seem to breathe and my ceiling comes alive with swirls and pretty designs.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:37 pm

I've heard about some bad trips on LSD and psilocybin from someone that... while not the most awesome person ever... is in a position to know. He started LSD adventuring when he was 4.

Also, LSD works by creating lesions in your brain. And that whole flashback thing. If not for the bleeding and long-term side-effects, I'd be okay with it. <p>-------------------------

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:55 am

The mushrooms I tried were psilocybin, now that I come to think of it.

Also Kai, it depends on what kind of LSD you get. I am fairly certain that not all LSD causes brain bleeding and lesions.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:45 pm

Unless the LSD you're getting is not lysergic acid (in which case it wouldn't be LSD at all).... I'm pretty sure that's what it does. That's like saying the kind of tobacco you smoke determines whether or not it's carcinogenic. <p>-------------------------

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:37 am

I got pretty stoned off of some cookies a friend fed me while at his place. They took effect about three hours later, and I made the mistake of analyzing the trip. I got really nervous and edgy, paranoid about my mental state and everything. Then, my good friend popped Aladdin into the DVD player and I watched a gripping political thriller of a Disney movie. <p>Image</p>

The Great Nevareh

WALTERED down

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:23 pm

BEGIN!

I'm fairly clean compared to most people I know, since I touch alcohol and marijuana about as often as one another (which is more or less once every few months) and anything harder I've only tried once... and not fairly recently.

Considering the people I hang out with and the places I spend the most time, I think I'm probably just reacting to balance out the gamut I see otherwise. Then again, I spend a lot of time around people who I like tremendously but whose lives I consider, right now, to be failures. This one girl is pretty nice to spend time with, but I really wish she wouldn't drive home drunk three or four nights a week, as she has a son at home. Another girl is smoking while pregnant, which is her choice, but I consider it horrifically irresponsible to do things which might permenantly damage your unborn child (at least she's given up alcohol for the duration).

These aren't horror stories, really... just things I disagree with tremendously. And because I disagree so much I find my substance use going down and down and down. I guess it's a kind of empathetic guilt.

EMPATHETIC GUILT! With it, you can do anything whether you want to or not! <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Iceexplosive

Re: WALTERED down

Unread postby Iceexplosive » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:30 am

I don't do any....well maybe at Christmas I might get given a bud to smoke....which will be cool....because I haven't been whacked for ages... <p><div style="text-align:center">Lipcrack -"Release Hope Mp3.."

Find Your Lucky Star </div></p>

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: WALTERED down

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:35 am

I have never had so much as a sip of alcohol or purposely breathed even an ounce of any kind of smoke (although I'm often subjected to having to breathe cigarette smoke against my will...like whenever the mother of one of my friends is driving). My father's perspective on it is that I "don't want to lose my cognitive control". That's pretty much right. I'm also against getting myself in trouble for stupid shit. <p>-_-___-___-___-_-

"The universe is all in the mind that perceives it, and sensation is the first and only reality. If a tree falls in the forest with no creature to hear it, then there is no tree."
-Dungeons and Dragons: Complete Arcane, page 167

"I don't know who's a bigger fool: Him for going, you for following, or me for not leaving you both."
-Demona, Gargoyles (Episode 11: Long Way to Morning)</p>

Return to Discussion Forum