Something of Mild Interest To our Canadians.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Something of Mild Interest To our Canadians.

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:55 pm

Coulter: Canada is "lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent"

On November 30, as President Bush visited Canada to meet with Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin in an effort to improve the two countries' strained relations, right-wing pundit Ann Coulter and CNN Crossfire co-host Tucker Carlson ridiculed the United States' northern neighbor. On FOX News Channel's Hannity & Colmes, Coulter said that Canadians "better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." On CNN's Wolf Blitzer Reports, Carlson stated: "Without the U.S., Canada is essentially Honduras, but colder and much less interesting"

Full article in the link above. And yes, this is just under a year old, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Something of Mild Interest To our Canadians.

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:56 pm

Don't know about Coulter (I assume she's still conservativing it up, since I haven't heard of her crashing and burning), but Carlson got fired when Jon Stewart burned him and his horrible issue-avoiding talking-point-emphasizing style during a piece on Crossfire. That's a good enough expression of a karma-equivalent for me on his end. :D <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:20 pm

... eh. We don't have enough oil for you guys to come get us. Frankly, I subscribe to the Antihero for Hire school of thought. One day, WE'LL roll over you "unexpected"ly and it'll be hilarious and cool and it'll make superheroes, so it'll work out for the best.

Be ready for the dinos... <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:34 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if, somehow during our Mad Imperialist Period, we tried to invade Canada and got our asses thoroughly kicked, to be honest.

Its always the quiet kids in the class. >.> <p><span style="font-size:small;">

Currently idolizing - Roger Bacon, Shadow Hearts
Dislikes : Stupid people, Church officials, People that prey on the weak
Method of Destroying the World : Feh. God can do it for me. >:{
Becomes Super Powerful When : ... well F***. When ISN'T he?</span>

"Lunatic? The sages of EVERY age were called that! Let HISTORY decide whether my actions were good or bad. For now, we must forge ahead!"</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:40 pm

Meh. So she's a stupid bitch. Could we be ninja and totally 1337 pwnz0rz Canada? ... Uh, sure. ... Why? No seriously, why? No one cares about Canada, because as near as we can tell, Canada didn't give a fuck about them first. They're like the swiss, but closer to us! Canada has no resources we need, is not a threat to anyone currently (by choice I'd note), and we have less trade restrictions with them than with any other country. Why the HELL would we want to attack them?

So yeah. Woman. Retard. Needs to shut up and possibly die. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:53 am

Canada is what the 'forefathers' of the US wanted the US to be.

Well, except with less 'queen' and more 'hot weather.' <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:52 pm

I saw a lot of idiocy in that link, and I'm seeing a bit more in the replies in this thread. Not all of it from Americans.

Don't have enough oil? With the recent announcement about the oilsands expansion, Northern Alberta has the second largest oil reserve in the world (behind Saudi Arabia). If technology gets better, this will become the largest. I also read an article recently about how the US was annoyed that Canada had announced they would start selling more oil to countries who are willing to pay for it like China, and less to countries who try to screw us over and don't honour their agreements like the US.

Next. Canada is not like the Swiss, because the Swiss are officially neutral, and don't get involved in world affairs. Canada has no standing declaration of neutrality,and you can bet your ass if there was a good reason for it (saw WWIII), Canada would go to war.

As for the US invading Canada and rolling over them in a week. Not so much. For starters, your government is spending billions of dollars a day on your military, and something will have to dry up eventually. Also, do you remember that small country you guys tried to invade recently? I think it started with an I...That invasion was supposed to be easy, and over within a couple months. And that was in a relatively small country, with an enemy who was readily distinguishable from your own soldiers. Canada is huge, and the people look and speak the same as Americans. Invading would be a nightmare. By land would take huge amounts of time, and by sea would be like playing whack-a-mole, because despite what news you may have gethered from pictures floating around the internet, Canada actually has a fairly well trained and equipped air force and navy.

So in conclusion, Coulter is an idiot, KoD is a little behind on national events, and Bes provided the "ignorant American with his head rammed way up his ass" viewpoint.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:14 pm

Doc: Trying to start a flame thread by being overly assholish about someone else's mistakes and oversights is Luj's job, not yours. :{

Edit: Aparently, from more than one source, I'm being dumb. So I'll just stop. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: Besyanteo&nbsp; Image at: 10/22/05 22:31

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:26 pm

First Bes needs to learn that Doc taught Luj everything he knows about trolling, I think.

Second, he needs to tell his fingers to listen to his brain before they start typing. I don't know if that'll help him not overreact to every little thing people say about him, but it's a start.

Animala
HATED BY SKELETONS

Unread postby Animala » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:14 am

So an outdated news post segues into informal Canada v US wargames.

This thread is going places.

-Koss <p>
to make the pain go away
i cut the universe
with ribbons
because that makes perfect sense.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum