The Disgruntled Family Dog is no more.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

The Disgruntled Family Dog is no more.

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:52 am

For those of you who have ever once visited my house, chances are you've met the little terror known as Rowdy. While he's fairly nice to family members, he's overly hostile to everyone else (though mostly he'll just bark and chase you, rarely biting unless you were stupid enough to try to pet him).

Regardless, he was put down today, due to a stroke he suffered a few days prior. He survived the stroke, but became increasingly more hostile and paranoid, even with family members, and the decision was made to put him down after a number of leg-mauling attempts and tearing up my sister's hand pretty bad (though I'd say that one was her fault.)

Long story short, Rowdy is dead now. It seems He and Pervy will not have that great final battle after all. I'm a bit bummed about it, being used to his presance constantly patrolling the house, but as heartless as it may sound, it will probably be a tad relieving for the guests, and the family, to not have to tear him away from the front door every time someone comes near the house.

I'll miss that little brute :(

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: The Disgruntled Family Dog is no more.

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:45 pm

Wow... that sucks, man. I suppose it's a good thing you sill have [can't remember her name] around, otherwise the house would feel even emptier. Even with all the incessant barking and nipping and scampering about, Rowdy was kind of an integral part of the whole "Going to Reako's house" experience. He and his noisiness will be missed. Although I suppose my shoes and pantlegs take a sort of guilty relief.

Also, even without knowing the situation, I have met your sister and I am inclined to agree that whatever maulings her hand recieved, it probably was mostly her fault. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:28 pm

My cat had to be put down recently, though for entirely different reasons... Anyway, I can sympathize. It hurts alot to lose a pet. Hope you feel better. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Groxley Grunk

Unread postby Groxley Grunk » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:37 pm

Woah, that's freaky. My families ten year old basset had to be put down just this mourning due to the cancer.

So... trust me when I say I know how it feels. Loosing a pet sucks more then a lot of things, but only because having them around is so awesome.

Keep on keepin' on.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:18 pm

A few years ago we put one down for the very same reason. My brother was really attached to her even though she bit him nearly as often as the rest of us. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:52 pm

That is indeed quite a shame. Lord knows that kid bit the crap out of my hand, but I never bore any enmity for it--only respect. He shall be missed. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:32 am

His violence proves that he was prepared for the final battle, but I did not show up. Now I must beware that he does not return from the grave to finish it.

Also: I can support that Reako's sister brought it upon herself. She does this often.

I'll miss Rowdy. We began as bitter enemies; in the sense that he wanted me dead, and I want to not be hurt. In time, we grew to respect each other, as he adapted to my presence; and my penchant for flinging scraps to him. In time, he even let me pet him a bit from time to time, after giving tribute. I also learned how to glare him down; when he would charge at me whilst barking insanely.

Rowdy was a good dog indeed. I am proud to have considered him a rival and an ally. <p>---------------------------

ReakoSomner: regardless, I was poor, and in need of diamonds</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:49 pm

I never met this dog, but I know that the loss of a family pet is a sad thing indeed. As such, with my posticon choice, I offer him a token hotdog to enjoy in the equivalent of whaever dog afterlife may exist. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Return to Discussion Forum