adventures in moverationsland

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

adventures in moverationsland

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:51 pm

• Exposition:

I MOVED.

• Okay, now onto the rest.

The drive down to Georgia was a long and arduous one. Or maybe just long. The arduous part was the packing and moving boxes--or, really, mostly just moving the boxes. Packing and moving the boxes just stirred up dust, and caused me to catch the plague. On the bright side, the doctor at my physician's group--regular doc was out, having cut back on her hours on event of given birth--was so kind as to get me samples of medicine to facilitate my getting better (as I was heading out the next day) as well as writing me up a script to use down here, if'n I needed such. Cool dude, I say.

So I packed the van, which was good, aside from the whole plague thing. Good because everyone in my family sucks at packing except for me--they waste space, I tell you! :[ There would be inches of empty space inside and around boxes if it were left up to my 'rents, and that space could be used to shove stuffed animals and clothes and books into, by gosh!

I was much too tired to get pictures of the packed van before taking off, and too eager to get it all unpacked afterwards, but while on the drive, I did manage to snag the following from behind me:
Also, this:
It's everyone's favorite Mum, reading in the car! Damn people who don't feel like shit to read in moving vehicles. :[

Ah, and I believe I've mentioned to a few that Kate was sedated for the trip. Poor kitty. Better than a spazzy kitty, I suppose! Her eyes were terribly unfocused, and she stumbled about the hotel in Tennessee and in Macon. Also, when I let her out of her crate inside the car, she found a pithole in which she fell--she kept trying to jump out, but she just didn't have any feline grace in reserve.
On the other hand, she was extra cuddly!

Well, anyhow. So the first night we get there I don't actually get to, you know, stay in the apartment--it was kinda filthy. The previous inhabitants were...well...interesting. They had a nickname, but I forgot it...it was a two word phrase, and the second part was "crackhead." That's all I recall. Anyhow, professional cleaners had to come out in the morning and tear into the place, and the fridge had to be replaced, and the air conditioning fixed. -Then- we got to unpack! HUWAH!

(The first night I did get to sleep in my own home, as I'd been advised to use fans in lieu of AC to keep down monthly costs, I was going to creak open the bedroom window. Unfortunately, there was this slug there, trapped between window screen and glass.
I decided not to.)

Well, anyhow, at first chance, we piled all my crap into my room.
And I promptly rested. A long time.

Kate wasn't too happy with me then, but on the other hand, she was still slightly drugged (it was wearing off), and this place was quite strange. Also, she figured I wasn't going to crate and drug/drug and crate her again as I had started eating in the kitchen. So she didn't go through the whole shunning thing--though she did hairball a good deal. All over my bedroom, in fact! I had to pick up a bottle of club soda, just because of her cat yack. :{

But yeah, she didn't ignore me, which is groovy. She wasn't too sure if she should let me pet her at first, but she was allowed to curl up next to -me-. Observe!
Kitty v. Slipper! Heaven or Hell, Duel One, FIGHT!

Anyway, first items of business were getting the furniture in place: thanks to my parents, I have a bed, a desk, and a futon. I have provided my own bookshelves, end tables, lamp tables, corner tables, coffee table, CD/DVD/VHS stands, and a nightstand (this furniture was, in former lives, moving boxes, but due to having lived virtuously has reincarnated to a higher form). Mom and Dad helped out a great deal, especially Dad...he does so like to put things together. We both kicked in overdrive to keep Mom from lifting heavy things, or otherwise doing stuff that'd be inadvisable for her health. :[

It is ZEE LIVING ROOM. Almost bare, which it is not at the moment. Also, it is the FUTON of AWESOME. With crap on it. If people come to visit, the futon is where you'll sleep.

And the parents. Keeping themselves busy so as not to spaz (too much) about their little daughter leaving them. :[

• And now, as coherency falls apart, it's the part you've all been waiting for--RANDOM PICTURES!

:]

There is a save point above my dinner table.

Every set of pots and pans should have a backup supply of calories.

It's lucky I brought all these bus stop signs, as the local transit is rather sporadic about where they put theirs up.

WHO IS THIS MYSTERIOUS MASKED MAN?

In the future, all bookshelves will be this stylish.

Kate is once again queen of the household.

This is the best image of a Pocket Dragon figurine I've taken yet.

A corner of the living room, as it was mutated several days ago.

Pirate Panda!

*nod*

Juan has a prime seat facing the entrance of the apartment, ready to greet guests.

HELLO KITTY SHOELACES MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.

Georgia essentials.

Kitty angel.

You are head of the household when this is a sight which makes you gleeful. THAT DISHRACK IS MY PRIDE AND JOY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THAT DISHRACK MAKES ME. I SQUEALED WHEN I FOUND IT.

The fridge comes up to about my chin. Very handy for putting stuff on top of it.

Wacky magnets are an essential. :]
Ultimate sinister villainous scourge death monkey! I choose you!
Image <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/8/05 21:49

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: adventures in moverationsland

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:56 pm

Your fridge magnets, collectively > me <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:04 am

Priam beat me to it.

Also, if I didn't know better, I'd say your room hasn't changed a bit. Besides being bigger, that is.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 am

I can indeed agree on the arduous part related to moving the boxes. Just yesterday/the day before I was at my brother's (voluntarily) moving stuff. Could you believe I was up for 36 or so hours? After sleeping for what HAD to be roughly 10 or so hours, I still feel sore.

Given, not all of it was work, and I got to be paid in a Papa John's meat lover's pizza! :D!

Oh, and while there, I had developed a severe addiction to Halo 2. Yes, I know I'm a PS2 guy, but I still, nonetheless, like Halo 2. Proving that you can like another console's games. XP

I'm still never getting some PS2 games, though. >:( <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:07 pm

Dia, don't take this personally, but that checkered shirt you were wearing filled me with an inexpicable urge to stab you.

I don't know why. <p>---------------------------

ReakoSomner: regardless, I was poor, and in need of diamonds</p>

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 pm

That's more of a plaid shirt then a checkered one.

I SEE HAPPY BUNNY. :0 <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:30 am

I don't care what it is, it's got a -7 weakness toward me stabbing it and its wearer. <p>---------------------------

ReakoSomner: regardless, I was poor, and in need of diamonds</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:07 am

Stand down, Major Pervitus. If it helps, imagine that Dia is a picnic table. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:48 pm

Well, I did have a blanket spread over me. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div></p>

JasonAB17

Unread postby JasonAB17 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:16 am

Pervy: That's... uh... "special". o_o;

Dia: Glad that moving seems to be going better now. One of these days, I'm totally getting some money together, and visiting you and Neb out there. >:! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Return to Discussion Forum