RPGWW chats

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

pd Rydia

RPGWW chats

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:02 pm

Okay, since some people don't seem to know, I assume an announcement is in order.

RPGWW has two "regular" (i.e. non-RP) chat rooms. One is the EZBoard live chat, linked at the top of the RPGWW forum page, which we only will have until our CSC Gold membership runs out. It's generally used when occassionally a board member can't get on AIM, for some reason, or when someone's feeling like being different, and generally ignored the rest of the time.

The second and by far most-used chat is RPGWW Chat on AOL Instant Messenger. This chat has people in it almost 24-7 and is a good place to chat real-time with some of the more veteran RPGWWers. You can enter this chat via the link I just gave, OR the link on the RPGWW website, which is found at http://www.davidr.com/rpgww/.

Now, there are also chat RPs. These for the large part take place on Gaera (but not always) and are CI, or character interaction (i.e. "plotless") RPs; they occur with fair frequency (1-4, or more, a day). They're a good way to introduce new characters, learn about established RPers, get familiar with Gaera, etc. etc. However, these chat RPs take place in changing AIM chat rooms, so joining them requires that you know they exist.

That's where RPGWW Chat steps in! Generally speaking, we announce when a chat RP is going on in the RPGWW Chat. So, if you want a chat RP, hop on in there, and ask if a chat RP is going on. If there is, someone'll be sure to invite you.

If you knew this already, good for you. If you didn't, now you do, AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! =D! <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe (Nakibe)</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/3/03 3:18:57 pm

FlamingDeth

Re: RPGWW chats

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:17 pm

You should probably also add that the ezBoard chat is also used when AIM is down for whatever reason, but that's pretty much a given anyways. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td valign=CENTER><table bgcolor=#FFFFFF border=1><tr><td>
<font color="maroon">I am an arrogant bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:

"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K</font>
</td></tr></table></td></table></center></p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: RPGWW chats

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:38 pm

I just want to add that you will probably be invited, but if the RP is already big there is no guaruntee you can do anything but lurk.

What I mean by this is that I for one have taken to putting a 6 RPer limit on any CIs that I start. RPs any bigger than this tend to be far too unruly.

If there is sufficient demand multiple CIs can take place at the same time, however. <p>MEGAMOG911: &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp *counters by shoving a random chatter up LDC's falopian tubes*
UltimateKoD: &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp GAAAAAAAH!
UltimateKoD: &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp *SHOVED*
Consolelover: &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp >_> It never ceases to amaze me how willingly some people volunteer for things like that.</p>

Return to Discussion Forum