greetings, and a question.

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

ChrnoTrkr

greetings, and a question.

Unread postby ChrnoTrkr » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:48 am

I just thought I'd swing by and say hi, I just recently started, and finished reading RPG world, and thought it was amazing. This is far from my first experience with ezboard, as I've been rping on it for a good while, and this isn't even my first account -_-; .. but I was just double checking, this is a more dnd based rpg, and if we make a character we'd use that same one for multiple rps? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image</div></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Re: greetings, and a question.

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:32 am

It varies from GM to GM. Some are run in a swords-and-sorcery setting, some are run in modern settings, some are run in fairly incategorizable settings. Sometimes GMs will use a certain battle system, sometimes there will be hardly any system elements used at all.

Also, we are not affiliated with RPG World in any fashion beyond the name--originally, this community was born out of RPG World's own forum set, but we have since expanded into our own entity.

As far as using the same character for multiple RPs, it is generally not recommended, but when you submit a character to a GM for participation in an RP, you have the right to submit whichever character you so choose. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:38 am

Priam, what in god's name are you talking about? Of COURSE you can use the same char in multiple RPs. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:08 am

Yeah, and it`s really fun, too, because you can develop your character`s background and nature much much more. In fact, I`ve only had two characters ever made, and one of them I only used once! <p>"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:50 am

I don't consider every single Gaera storyline a separate RP. =P

Far as I'm concerned, Gaera is one big RP. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:52 am

Ahh, yeah, I see what you mean now! That makes it seem a lot more adventure-like, too!! Good way of thinking.

Yeah, using a RPGWW character on a totally different RP board....o_O wouldn`t that be confusing! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:01 am

It can be done. I mean, Aya's a transplant from a different RP world... <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:51 am

Woaaah...@_@ confusing!!

Oh, but that reminds me of that one time the people from the Adventurers! RP Board invaded our board....boy was that a mess!

But wow, what if all the RP boards on the net got together and had one big crusade one day? How confusing would that be! <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

GC130A

:(

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:03 pm

The ogre who "floats by focusing the power of pyrokinesis through his medulla oblongata" would ruin the novelty of it all.

Banjooie

Re: :(

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:23 pm

...Then what on earth do you mean, Priam? o_o <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:23 pm

Priam says RP when he means Setting. :( <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

PriamNevhausten

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:09 am

Setting is different. When someone in California plays a Vampire game, it has no effect on what is played next door.

When someone does something in Gaera, it becomes a new part of that setting, possibly permanently. It is one, big, constant, multi-GM'd RP. <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Return to Discussion Forum