Something I need to know

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Lord Hatsuma

Something I need to know

Unread postby Lord Hatsuma » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:43 am

This is not an attack on RPGWW. The situation I am in has nothing to do with you, but you can relate, so I want to hear what you have to say.

Question: How can you feel meaningful in a community with little to no requirements for entry?

~Hatsuma

BrainWalker
✔+

Re: Something I need to know

Unread postby BrainWalker » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:32 pm

... have you not been paying attention? There may not be any requirements written in stone or anything, but that hasn't stopped us from running several people off anyway. It's why we don't have people that suck frequenting our forum... we really, really hate stupid people.

However that may have sounded, I honestly think it's a good thing. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:34 pm

Chat with people. From that, you get to know them, they get to know you, and so on. <p>
<center>Hello, I'm Dia. I'm a dragongirl, and I bite. RAWR!
</center><small>-=- "I wanna get so drunk that I start seeing my friends as cows." -- Aya (LadyDragonClawsEDW)
-=- "If you're still able to see in colors and not in scents...you're CERTAINLY not drunk enough." -- Nakibe (Nakibe)
-=- "Don't you know the only excuse for that is being drunk!?" -- Hakaril (Archmage144)
-=- "Alcohol is good for everything." -- Banjooie</small></p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:21 pm

In response to the question, I pose a second question.

How can you feel you have meaning in a group of real-life friends under the same conditions? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Lord Hatsuma

Unread postby Lord Hatsuma » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:29 am

Well, yes, that's what I'm asking, Priam.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:41 am

You have to listen to feedback. Of course, there needs to be feedback to listen to. If there is no feedback, then you won't be able to tell. In that case, you just have to guess. <p>-Seethe Longnails</p>

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:18 am

I think that it should be noted that it is easier to presume that you have meaning in a group without requisite conditions than it is to find meaning in one that does have conditions of membership. The idea being that the group still considers you a member for a reason, as all things DO have a reason or at least a cause, whereas if it is a group that requires membership fees, or a test, or whathaveyou, that they really don't have to see you as anything but a number on their accounts receivable page. If you, the person, is all there is to your membership in a group, how in the world can you NOT have meaning within said group? <p><span style="font-size:xx-small;">"It's in the air, in the headlines in the newspapers, in the blurry images on television. It is a secret you have yet to grasp, although the first syllable has been spoken in a dream you cannot quite recall." --Unknown Armies</span></p>

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:59 pm

Priam wins in so many ways by thinking of something I never would have thought of. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse | Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Return to Discussion Forum