A friend who may need help...

A moderated forum for more thoughtful discussion.

Moderators: pd Rydia, LadyDragonClawsEDW

Adrin

A friend who may need help...

Unread postby Adrin » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:01 am

I have a friend. I am worried about said friend.

Recently, she's been isolating herself, such that I don't see her much. This is understandable, as she's rather busy.

However, she's not only isolating herself from me, she's isolating herself from human contact, only talking to people through AIM; she's lost interest in things she used to love doing, she's cocooning herself in her room and doing work, and she's mentioned in her online diary about how she's feeling apathetic in general. She's also made comments in passing to a mutual friend about how she hasn't been really happy, just content at best.

Granted, she may not be completely isolating herself. She may be talking to people who are not me, and I just don't notice/know about it.

The question I have to ask is, are these grounds for concern? And if they are, then what do I do?

-Adrin
Cambridge, MA

"Correlation does not imply causation."

Uncle Pervy

Re: A friend who may need help...

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:43 am

Yes.

Find this out: What is she doing in place of what she used to love? Does she love that as much? <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Wolfbelly

Unread postby Wolfbelly » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:46 am

Personally, I can't say much for I've never really been in that sort of situation. If you feel that the situation is getting kinda iffy, then I'd say come clean and talk to her. Ask her if everything's right, when she says "Uhh, yeah ... why?" or whatever, then say "Because, well ... I'm worried ... kinda." or whatever.

Or, better yet, go here.

Celeste of Elvenhame

Unread postby Celeste of Elvenhame » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:19 am

sounds like a case of severe depression to me. That is exactly what I do when I succumb. I shut down and go out of my home only when absolutely neccessary and only then. I tend to withdraw from just about everyone and do nothing.

so, yeah you aren't crazy to worry.
<p>---------------Celeste of Elvenhame --------------- </p>

Adrin

hmm...

Unread postby Adrin » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:53 pm

Hmmm... thanks a lot. I'll see what I can do for her... probably not much, but I can hangaround and such.

*hope*

Thanks for your help. ^_^

Return to Discussion Forum